The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Islanders trade Josh Bailey, 2026 2nd-round pick to Blackhawks for future considerations

As I said... Chicago is in an enviable position.  Massive amounts of draft capital and cap space, virtually no long term cap commitments.  They can take on solid players on short term deals and get assets for doing so.  They can build a playoff calibre team this year from castoffs other teams can't afford.

How sad will it be to see them ahead of us in the standings, spending millions less in cap, and having one of the top prospect pools in the league... and a metric crap ton of high draft picks coming up for years to come

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Provost said:

As I said... Chicago is in an enviable position.  Massive amounts of draft capital and cap space, virtually no long term cap commitments.  They can take on solid players on short term deals and get assets for doing so.  They can build a playoff calibre team this year from castoffs other teams can't afford.

How sad will it be to see them ahead of us in the standings, spending millions less in cap, and having one of the top prospect pools in the league... and a metric crap ton of high draft picks coming up for years to come

That defense is still lightyears away.  They also have an albatross contrsct in jones. 

2 minutes ago, coryberg said:

I doubt he will be available in 2026

Not by picking up this pick in this deal but by dealing one of our available wingers. Doesn’t look like there’s any value in wingers. The fact is we wouldn’t get the 2nd round pick we’d be getting much less or giving picks up ourself.

1 minute ago, Mando27 said:

Going to fly past us in the standings in a few years.

Will be so sweeeeeet too when Bedard bails on them as he’s in the prime of his career to come home (hopefully Johnny Gaudreau style).  

:bigblush:

• Haha 2