The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Panthers sign Evan Rodrigues

Evan is very hot & cold.  

When he is hot, this contract is a bargain!  $3M for anyone playing 17 minutes a night is not bad? Even when not killing it.  He plays well with top stars, they do have that in Florida.  I think he'll be ok for them. He takes draws, actually not bad, just not that many. He's really a winger.  He's also better defensively, even kills some penalties & fairly well, than given credit for. Cough, except kinda toothless. Not many hits and blocks. The other underlying fancy stats are really good, including nothing suggesting he is a liability on the ice. Does add some speed & puck skills, can certainly trade puck's with the big guys!

If we still had Bruce & tried to run & gun all day?  It also would be good for us.  Assuming we could afford $3Mill. Knowing Tochet wants him in front of shots, in the corners throwing elbows, winning pucks & scrums? We're still not a fit...

Cough, I mean also that if we already were not paying Garland, Mikheyev, Boeser all more, some a lot more to be Top 6 RW?

He'd be great!  :towel:

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Evan is very hot & cold.  

When he is hot, this contract is a bargain!  $3M for anyone playing 17 minutes a night is not bad? Even when not killing it.  He plays well with top stars, they do have that in Florida.  I think he'll be ok for them. He takes draws, actually not bad, just not that many. He's really a winger.  He's also better defensively, even kills some penalties & fairly well, than given credit for. Cough, except kinda toothless. Not many hits and blocks. The other underlying fancy stats are really good, including nothing suggesting he is a liability on the ice. Does add some speed & puck skills, can certainly trade puck's with the big guys!

If we still had Bruce & tried to run & gun all day?  It also would be good for us.  Assuming we could afford $3Mill. Knowing Tochet wants him in front of shots, in the corners throwing elbows, winning pucks & scrums? We're still not a fit...

Cough, I mean also that if we already were not paying Garland, Mikheyev, Boeser all more, some a lot more to be Top 6 RW?

He'd be great!  :towel:

You should get that cough checked….

• Tanks a lot 1

3 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Who replaces Myers?

for last 2 years, he literally scored 1 goal each season neither is he a reliable defenseman. He leaves his partner in trouble everytime. OEL is a good dman but partnering with myers has thrown away his game as well. He is 7th or 8th dman on 31 other clubs and you are asking who replaces him?

Like is said before, canucks need another top 2 RHD to play with hughes, hronek plays a different style and needs a defensive dman to partner with.