The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Carolina looking to make major moves

Pesce still has  M-NTC. 

Does anyone actually believe he'd waive that (or have Van on his list of teams he'd accept) to go from a contender to a bottom feeder?  Let's be real folks. 

• There it is 1
  • elephant 1

1 hour ago, NMHockey said:

You have not been paying attention. Carolina after fully filling out their roster and adding the additional skilled forwards they need will not be cap compliant. The negotiations with extending Pesce have not gone well and it's been reported that Buffalo, Edmonton, Vancouver are three teams with interest in acquiring him. The deal was not just for Beauvillier and Beauvillier not even cracking their lineup is comical...

If those are the three teams interested, I'd bet two of them are on his no trade list.  I also bet Van has the least to offer of those three teams.

• Wat 1

3 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Pesce still has  M-NTC. 

Does anyone actually believe he'd waive that (or have Van on his list of teams he'd accept) to go from a contender to a bottom feeder?  Let's be real folks. 

Depends how many teams are included.

Arizona

Columbus

Buffalo

Winnipeg

Calgary

Philly

Detroit

Ottawa

Chicago

St Louis

Pretty easy to pick 10 teams/cities that are much worse options than Vancouver.

3 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Pesce still has  M-NTC. 

Allvin said that many players want to come to Vancouver and they actually had some difficult conversations with some and had to turn them away. Allvin blatantly said they turned many players away in free agency and alot of players like the direction Vancouver is heading in and like the culture and coaching with Tocchet, Foote, Gonchar. So yes Pesce would probably want to come here and play for the team that is under the watch of the man who drafted him in 2013 (Rutherford drafted Pesce 66th overall in 2013).

1 minute ago, stawns said:

If those are the three teams interested, I'd bet two of them are on his no trade list.  I also bet Van has the least to offer of those three teams.

Allvin said that many players want to come to Vancouver and they actually had some difficult conversations with some and had to turn them away. Allvin blatantly said they turned many players away in free agency and alot of players like the direction Vancouver is heading in and like the culture and coaching with Tocchet, Foote, Gonchar. So yes Pesce would probably want to come here and play for the team that is under the watch of the man who drafted him in 2013 (Rutherford drafted Pesce 66th overall in 2013).

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Disagree about having less to offer.

Edmonton’s prospect pool is weak and I doubt Buffalo would be willing to part with the young pieces they’d want. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Nah dude.  
That is an awful proposal and everyone but you seems to know that.  

It’s only July and I already can’t wait for these kids to go back to school!

There's also many people on here who have never heard of alot of mentioned young players and prospects and thus do not fully know what they're talking about. (Ie. the opinions of McDonough in my proposal).

They also do not fully research what the situation is with a team like Carolina.

Not to sound arrogant but I work in hockey development (specifically scouting and coaching). Working with players from beginning ages all the way up to BCHL/WHL levels. I'm also related to and in frequent contact with alot of hockey personell and past players ranging from Junior B teams to NCAA to the NHL. So I actually know what I'm saying when I make a proposal for Pesce the way I did.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Depends how many teams are included.

Arizona

Columbus

Buffalo

Winnipeg

Calgary

Philly

Detroit

Ottawa

Chicago

St Louis

Pretty easy to pick 10 teams/cities that are much worse options than Vancouver.

And another thing, how many of those teams have a Hughes who Pesce would be playing with for the remainder of the decade? Buffalo maybe with Dahlin? Detroit with Seider? We probably have the best up and coming core out of all those teams, and Vancouver is probably the best city to live in out of all of them. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Pesce still has  M-NTC. 

Upon further digging it appears Pesce has no trade protection not sure where people are getting that.

Pesce's entering the final season of a six-year contract signed in 2017. He has a $4.025-million cap hit in 2022-23 and no trade protection

Edited by DeNiro

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Upon further digging it appears Pesce has no trade protection not sure where people are getting that.

[quote] Pesce's entering the final season of a six-year contract signed in 2017. He has a $4.025-million cap hit in 2022-23 and no trade protection. [/quote]

According to CapFriendly he has a M-NTC with a 15 team no trade list. Those 15 teams were submitted on July 1. So if Vancouver was on that list they probably aren’t even talking to Carolina. 

My assumption is Vancouver is not on the list. A lot of players like Vancouver as a city, we are an up and coming team with multiple star players, and Brett Pesce was actually drafted by Jim Rutherford in 2013, so there is a connection there. 

EDIT: The 15 team list is for teams he would want to be traded to. So my assumption is Vancouver is on that list. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Pesce's entering the final season of a six-year contract signed in 2017. He has a $4.025-million cap hit in 2022-23 and no trade protection

It is a M-NTC in which he submits 15 teams he'd be willing to go to. Check capfriendly

17 minutes ago, NMHockey said:

Allvin said that many players want to come to Vancouver and they actually had some difficult conversations with some and had to turn them away. Allvin blatantly said they turned many players away in free agency and alot of players like the direction Vancouver is heading in and like the culture and coaching with Tocchet, Foote, Gonchar. So yes Pesce would probably want to come here and play for the team that is under the watch of the man who drafted him in 2013 (Rutherford drafted Pesce 66th overall in 2013).

Yeah, I'm not really believing that.  Personally, I, more or less, like the direction they're headed, but it's going to take them awhile to get there.  Peace has been "almost there" for awhile now ........why would he want to move back a few steps.

• elephant 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

According to CapFriendly he has a M-NTC with a 15 team no trade list. Those 15 teams were submitted on July 1. So if Vancouver was on that list they probably aren’t even talking to Carolina. 

My assumption is Vancouver is not on the list. A lot of players like Vancouver as a city, we are an up and coming team with multiple star players, and Brett Pesce was actually drafted by Jim Rutherford in 2013, so there is a connection there. 

Incorrect as it is a list of 15 teams

he would be willing to go to and that started in 2022-2023 and he submitted 15 again for this season. But yes Vancouver is most certainly on his list.

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

NHLNumbers shows him with no trade protection and all the articles I’ve read about his contract don’t mention it.

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/brett-pesce

Interesting to see what the truth is 

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 1