The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Alex Galchenyuk

5 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Well Cole was proven innocent and Virtanen was immediately released so even as a poor taste joke it makes little sense. 

How was he proven innocent?  The young teen who came out asked for anonymity.  No motive to lie and make up that story other than let others know the truth.  Cole is a known scumbag league wide. 

39 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

How was he proven innocent?  The young teen who came out asked for anonymity.  No motive to lie and make up that story other than let others know the truth.  Cole is a known scumbag league wide. 

They investigated and cleared him as it was not verified she even existed. It’s innocent until PROVEN guilty, not guilty until proven innocent. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

They investigated and clearsed him as it was not verified she even existed. It’s innocent until PROVEN guilty, not guilty until proven innocent. 

Fortunately for Cole he gets the benefit of the doubt because he's not from here.  Virtanen, on the other hand, is a local boy.  Not good if you're known to be a sleazebag. Every girl currently ages 23-28 knew someone who met Jake and that didn't help his reputation one bit.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Fortunately for Cole he gets the benefit of the doubt because he's not from here.  Virtanen, on the other hand, is a local boy.  Not good if you're known to be a sleazebag. Every girl currently ages 23-28 knew someone who met Jake and that didn't help his reputation one bit.

Not just women, every single person that I know of that has met him has told me he is a dbag. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Not just women, every single person that I know of that has met him has told me he is a dbag. 

Surprisingly, people here were pretty open about defending his reputation during and after the acquittal.  Everyone in Vancouver knew it was going to end up not guilty, but for some here that proved his innocence.

Hockey talent can mask almost any character deficiency.  But you better hang onto that talent or you are screwed.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/13/2023 at 9:28 PM, hammertime said:

I know right? He's so slow.

That was funny. But you know who else looks slow on the ice? Ovechkin. maybe not in his top 40 goals highlights, but when you watch, he gets open by slowing down on the rush.

Boeser will get goals again by being open and trusting his shot and his game. And by fans and media getting off his back.

• Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

That was funny. But you know who else looks slow on the ice? Ovechkin. maybe not in his top 40 goals highlights, but when you watch, he gets open by slowing down on the rush.

Boeser will get goals again by being open and trusting his shot and his game. And by fans and media getting off his back.

Scared Dog GIF

30 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I posted this right at the start, this is the smart play from his agent.

This will almost certainly mean the team has to reinstate his contract.

Addiction is considered a medical issue and you can’t discriminate on the basis of it.  That is literally what the substance abuse program is for.

• Upvote 1

On 7/15/2023 at 8:01 PM, copperlynx said:

Perhaps, he just forgot where he was, being intoxicated. Mixed up Glendale with Moscow, where such things is  just a charming, no-nonsense way of life. ;)

Can you imagine if he was playing for a team based in Idaho? They have a city called Moscow too.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Provost said:

I posted this right at the start, this is the smart play from his agent.

This will almost certainly mean the team has to reinstate his contract.

Addiction is considered a medical issue and you can’t discriminate on the basis of it.  That is literally what the substance abuse program is for.

Addiction is not an excuse for one’s behaviour. It may explain things more but at the end of the day one needs to take ownership of their own actions. 

This apology is most likely to do with lawyers and his agent telling him what to do. 

I’m sick of people not being accountable. Hockey players are role models for children. He should never be reinstated for what he did.

55 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Addiction is not an excuse for one’s behaviour. It may explain things more but at the end of the day one needs to take ownership of their own actions. 

This apology is most likely to do with lawyers and his agent telling him what to do. 

I’m sick of people not being accountable. Hockey players are role models for children. He should never be reinstated for what he did.

Except legally it is, most certainly in labour law.... and that it what matters in this case.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1