The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] New Goal Song?

Rate this topic

audiodave

Should we get a new goal song?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’ve been calling for this goal song forever. I am hoping one day…

But also I’d be pumped if they played this prodigy tune as well. Just a forewarning for our opponents of what’s to come:

Lastly I’d also be ok with the players having their own goal song (they used to do this in 2016 or 2017) but it didn’t last and I don’t know why but it was awesome. Would be in favour of hearing our boys celly to their own tune after they net one.

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

But what happens if three guys are crowding the net and it's not immediately obvious who was the last guy to touch the puck before it crossed the line?  Do you play all three songs at the same time?  :bigblush:

Yes or like the shuffle like we have in the DJ booth the last few years & you do a mashup of all three! 

Put that DJ to work and stop playing the outdated mid 2000’s playlist that DJ Dave used when he was in charge of the music at GM Place/Rogers. 

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

But then how do you determine order in that case?  Seniority on the team?  Sweater number?  or AAV of current contract signed?  :bigblush:

Seniority on the team.  We're going to hear Brisebois’s tune first being the longest serving Canuck. Has to score a goal first;)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

I’ve been calling for this goal song forever. I am hoping one day…

But also I’d be pumped if they played this prodigy tune as well. Just a forewarning for our opponents of what’s to come:

Lastly I’d also be ok with the players having their own goal song (they used to do this in 2016 or 2017) but it didn’t last and I don’t know why but it was awesome. Would be in favour of hearing our boys celly to their own tune after they net one.

Isn’t it best to have one that is more team-identifiable than player identifiable?