The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rogers Arena Upgrades

Rate this topic

Canuckfanforlife82

49 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Vaporware — Steemit

In all seriousness though, they are probably running into issues finding an acceptable location and finding companies that will develop and/or manage the new facility (after it's built).  Plus, cash.

Or they want to put a shopping centre beside it so they can make money off the Practice Facility.

• There it is 1

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks-blue-seats-rogers-arena

Sooo exciting!!!(sarcasm)New seats being looked at! I wonder if black might be better as an overall colour. I like the blue with the white orca if they are staying with the orca. I wonder if a new scoreboard and more led ribbons are going to be updated/installed as well but they looking at the seats. It's always great to see that they are taking care of Rogers Arena and keeping it up to date.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

• Canuckfanforlife82 changed the title to What ever happened to the Canucks new supposed practice rink?New seats update!
2 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Honestly, the OP has some legit questions, WTF did happen to that?!

It kind of went unanswered. It's weird how much they talked about something coming close to all of a sudden being dead in the water. Who knows. Maybe something is going to happen soon. They like to surprise us. Maybe they have built it already. hmmmmm. 

Will Smith Reaction GIF

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Hmmmmm. Possible move to the skate jersey with these seats?

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks-installed-new-black-seats-rogers-arena

Could contain: People, Person, Indoors, Theater, Cinema, Chair, Classroom, Auditorium, Hall, Crowd

Those look a hella of a lot more comfortable than the maroon ones... thanks Aqua!

It doesn’t appear that the Canucks are going to replace seating for the whole arena at this time, but there are plenty of rumours about what the team has planned

This makes me think its only the lower bowl or executive section or whatever it's called that gets seat service. lame.

Edited by Chicken.

On 3/30/2023 at 8:46 AM, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It was a while ago they had said they would be announcing something soon and it's been crickets since. I know they were talking about arena upgrades. Has anyone heard what those may be? I am just wondering if a new practice rink is going to happen?

Aquaman pulled out of a deal with the owners of the Plaza of Nations property across the street for reasons unknown.  My guess is they tried to screw the property owners at the last minute.

Idiots imo as that’s the perfect site.

The property owners were never told why and if iirc, might have even been suing Aquilini for a costs they incurred.

If true we shouldn’t be surprised as this is the way this owner does business. There’s a long list of lawsuits against ownership across all their companies.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

2 hours ago, MJDDawg said:

Aquaman pulled out of a deal with the owners of the Plaza of Nations property across the street for reasons unknown.  My guess is they tried to screw the property owners at the last minute.

Idiots imo as that’s the perfect site.

The property owners were never told why and if iirc, might have even been suing Aquilini for a costs they incurred.

If true we shouldn’t be surprised as this is the way this owner does business. There’s a long list of lawsuits against ownership across all their companies.

The Plaza of Nations owner has previously been involved in legal disputes over the property so I wouldn't put that solely on Aquilini. Oei won his dispute against Concord Pacific, but it does create a pattern.

https://storeys.com/plaza-of-nations-vancouver-concord-pacific-oei-hong-leong-legal-fight/

Edited by Diamonds