The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rogers Arena Upgrades

Rate this topic

Canuckfanforlife82

23 hours ago, DeNiro said:

It’s actually quite a bit bigger. Like almost 500 square feet bigger.

They gave the specs in another article that said the Rogers place one is like 850 square feet and this one is like 1300.

Suck it Edmonton. You take your two generational talents, I'll take the bigger jumbotron.

And the fact that I don't have to live in Edmonton. 

• Haha 2
  • There it is 1

16 hours ago, Slegr said:

I’m not a Drake fan, but I’d sure be pi$$ed at Rogers if I was. That was such a last minute cancellation. For folks like us Islanders, it’s not that easy to just drive home and come back Thursday. Pretty unprofessional move that you’d think could have been avoided somehow.

As opposed to letting the show go on and the scoreboard potentially crushing people? 

• There it is 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

As opposed to letting the show go on and the scoreboard potentially crushing people? 

How about setting concert dates for a safe period after new scoreboard is installed to build in some mitigation plans for such things. Cancelling a concert mere hours before it starts is very cruel to out of towners.

12 minutes ago, Slegr said:

How about setting concert dates for a safe period after new scoreboard is installed to build in some mitigation plans for such things. Cancelling a concert mere hours before it starts is very cruel to out of towners.

I think risking crushing them is more cruel but that is just me. The score boards are raised and lowered numerous times per year and this can happen at anytime. Happened at HSBC Arena in Buffalo about 25 years ago

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

I think risking crushing them is more cruel but that is just me. The score boards are raised and lowered numerous times per year and this can happen at anytime. Happened at HSBC Arena in Buffalo about 25 years ago

Isn’t the scoreboard brand new? Optics to me are that Rogers arena brought in a huge new scoreboard very shorty before the date that they booked a big concert, not giving themselves enough time to see if they could structurally and safely hold the scoreboard up, and consequently postponing the show, calling it “unforeseen circumstances”. But if they had built in another day or two to test it out, could have avoided the situation. No need to crush people. But no need to postpone either. That would be proper planning, hence the optics of an unprofessional way of doing business.

2 hours ago, Slegr said:

Isn’t the scoreboard brand new? Optics to me are that Rogers arena brought in a huge new scoreboard very shorty before the date that they booked a big concert, not giving themselves enough time to see if they could structurally and safely hold the scoreboard up, and consequently postponing the show, calling it “unforeseen circumstances”. But if they had built in another day or two to test it out, could have avoided the situation. No need to crush people. But no need to postpone either. That would be proper planning, hence the optics of an unprofessional way of doing business.

Unforeseen means they expected the scoreboard to go up without a hitch. Unfortunately did not happen. And with supply issues still plaguing everyone you can't perfectly plan when these things arrive. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a most recent photo of the scoreboard and blue boards. Looks like it is going to be an amazing add!

Could contain: Outdoors, People, Person, Motorcycle, Transportation, Vehicle, Arena, Building, Stadium, Aerial View

Anyone know what that black underlay that has been laid down on the floor? Looks like it has come in rectangular sections. Are they making improvement to the ice as well or is that just to protect the concrete?

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 2

19 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Here is a most recent photo of the scoreboard and blue boards. Looks like it is going to be an amazing add!

Could contain: Outdoors, People, Person, Motorcycle, Transportation, Vehicle, Arena, Building, Stadium, Aerial View

Anyone know what that black underlay that has been laid down on the floor? Looks like it has come in rectangular sections. Are they making improvement to the ice as well or is that just to protect the concrete?

Such disappointment to see only small amount of sections with black seats halfway up since the last updates… I was expecting to see the whole bowl with new seats halfway up by now… 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I feel like this setup will get in the way of some players trying to rush across the neutral zone.  Just my thoughts.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Crimson-JH said:

Such disappointment to see only small amount of sections with black seats halfway up since the last updates… I was expecting to see the whole bowl with new seats halfway up by now… 

I think all seats will be replaced next summer was what they announced. Or all lower bowl will be at least followed by upper bowl the following summer. Either way they will be replaced, but I agree it should have all been done at once but they got concerts that make that hard to do I guess. Not like we haven't had long off seasons lately...