The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Gagner with Oilers

• BertaNuck changed the title to [Rumour] PTO Gagner with Oilers

Gagner may be ready to retire but having a chance to put on the jersey of the team that drafted him one last time to end his career on his terms be it on a PTO but not earning an NHL contract. It would still allow him to likely get some pre season games where he could wear the Edmonton uniform and kind of ride of into the sunset on his own terms with the team that granted him his childhood dream of becoming a NHL player and making millions along the way!!!

Congrats to Sam for carving out a solid NHL career and making millions to setup up his family for generations hopefully!

He holds the Edmonton record for most points in a single game does he not...that is impressive considering Wayne Gretzky kind of has all the records!!!

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Neutral said:

Gagner may be ready to retire but having a chance to put on the jersey of the team that drafted him one last time to end his career on his terms be it on a PTO but not earning an NHL contract. It would still allow him to likely get some pre season games where he could wear the Edmonton uniform and kind of ride of into the sunset on his own terms with the team that granted him his childhood dream of becoming a NHL player and making millions along the way!!!

Congrats to Sam for carving out a solid NHL career and making millions to setup up his family for generations hopefully!

He holds the Edmonton record for most points in a single game does he not...that is impressive considering Wayne Gretzky kind of has all the records!!!

Yeah I have respect for the guy for sure 

Damn oilers are desperate, I like taking the route of finding a kid that’s coming into his own maybe a tad late bloomer opposed to has beens in their mid 30s…that depth backend and goaltending can’t even be saved by all that fire power on top 2 lines and I couldn’t be happier about it

19 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Damn oilers are desperate, I like taking the route of finding a kid that’s coming into his own maybe a tad late bloomer opposed to has beens in their mid 30s…that depth backend and goaltending can’t even be saved by all that fire power on top 2 lines and I couldn’t be happier about it

Defensively responsible and 2nd PP unit threat, actually not a bad move by the Oil.

18 hours ago, Neutral said:

He was an early 1st round pick, was just a fluke that Edmonton drafted him,  he would've got a chance at the NHL regardless and he doesn't owe Coilers anything. He wants another contract, if he's not signed that won't be leaving on his terms.

Maybe I'm just being a downer but hoping for unearned generational wealth seems a bit weird too.

Also he tied that record with 99

3 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Actually their goaltending is pretty good. Skinner had a very good season and should have won the Calder IMO.

5 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

I disagree but hey to each their own, not a big fan of Swiss cheese 

Don’t get me wrong. Their defence is still atrocious, but look at Skinner’s numbers from last season. Considering the defence in front of him, they’re very impressive. 

• Cheers 1