The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[discussion] forum closure

Rate this topic

Ted Lasso

23 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

Nope, basically got told that wasn’t entitled to formulate an opinion on the current or past play of the team if it was anything other than positive. 
‘When a mod tells me that I really didn’t see any reason to stay. 

22 hours ago, -SN- said:

You were in a discussion with a mod, but no moderation action at all was taken or even mentioned, as far as I can see. If I'm missing something let me know, but that looked fairly innocuous, normal, frustrating, Canucks discusson.

That said, I've opened a forum over there to discuss things like that, and open to messages at any time. We'll also be posting some new guidelines to separate moderation and discussion a bit more comfortable.

21 hours ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

I'm very much grinching over there with no issues. So surprising.

1. I have checked out a number of Canuck discussion alternatives. As far as I can tell CFF is by far the best.

2. As for allowing only positive comments, as far as I can see that is incorrect. I have posted both positive and negative comments and have read a lot of positive and negative comments. There is nothing I can see that looks like censorship. If anything, I would say that the rules at CFF are a bit looser than at CDC, although they are similar. Of course mods might disagree with individual posters, as they always have, but that is not the same as censorship.

3. It is too bad Vintage has not moved over to CFF as it was nice to get Canuck information the moment something happened (and sometimes before). Did Vintage work for the Canucks in some capacity?

4. But I think @-SN- and others have done a great job with CFF and I am grateful to them for getting it going.

• Cheers 3

9 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

It's still alive!

“Debris on the ice and 15 seconds left. Iginla has the stick knocked out of his hand and he falls at centre. Naslund dashing in. 10 seconds left! Markus Naslund to the net. Stopped... scores! Scores! Matt Cooke cashes in! 5.7 seconds left! And they’re still alive!

• Vintage 2

We all know that Vintage Canuck is Chris Faber.  Faber is now the full-time senior writer for the Canucks, so Vintage won't have any more free time to be here.

He may come to the other forum to post sporadically.  We will see...

Good luck @-Vintage Canuck- in your new role with the Vancouver Canucks!!!

Love always,

Petey and the boys

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1