The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

13 hours ago, playboi19 said:

People wanted to give him away last year and now he's one of Ottawa's better players. Crazy how much changes in a year.

He's lost a few steps but not any of his work ethic.  Later is kind of infectious (in a good way).

Hope he does well with the Sens (so as long as it doesn't negatively impact the Canucks :P).  A good loyal foot soldier.

• Upvote 1

I agree with the previous posters about Burrows and Stahlberg (is that his name? Anyway, they have added so much to the depth of this team. Funny thing is that I always hated Burrows. He was the one that years ago, chomped on a guy's finger. I think it was Cory Perry but oh I thought he was a menace and now I love him.

This is just a sample post of what Sens fans think of our Burr NOW. I recommend a visit to their message boards to get your Burr fix. O and btw their GM is now not considered the worst EVER. 

11 hours ago, Dannydog said:

I agree with the previous posters about Burrows and Stahlberg (is that his name? Anyway, they have added so much to the depth of this team. Funny thing is that I always hated Burrows. He was the one that years ago, chomped on a guy's finger. I think it was Cory Perry but oh I thought he was a menace and now I love him.

It was a Bergeron in the finals against Boston. I have the same simple policy: stick your finger in my mouth and it will get chomped.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Baggins said:

It was a Bergeron in the finals against Boston. I have the same simple policy: stick your finger in my mouth and it will get chomped.

Swear to god, if some dude sticks his paws in my mouth, he'd better be prepared for pain...

• Upvote 2

On 2017-03-11 at 7:18 PM, debluvscanucks said:

Burrows finally gets his shot on the PP.  Too bad its for another team.  I thought he'd get a chance here on the PP once Kesler was traded, but WD thought Vey would work out better. :wacko:

5 hours ago, spook007 said:

Swear to god, if some dude sticks his paws in my mouth, he'd better be prepared for pain...

Even Don Cherry supported Burrows on that.  Never got why some 'fans' just couldn't get over that one time incident. If someone shoves their stinky hockey mitt into my mouth during a heated scrum I'd bite it too.

• Upvote 2

On 3/11/2017 at 7:12 PM, playboi19 said:

People wanted to give him away last year and now he's one of Ottawa's better players. Crazy how much changes in a year.

Playing with better players can do wonders for your confidence.

Suddenly he's not counted on to just "mentor" a bunch of young guys. 

6 points in 6 games since he got traded says he feels like a kid again. 

1 minute ago, darkpoet said:

Playing with better players can do wonders for your confidence.

Suddenly he's not counted on to just "mentor" a bunch of young guys. 

6 points in 6 games since he got traded says he feels like a kid again. 

Mentor young guys, or carry old guys?

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Mentor young guys, or carry old guys?

His whole world has changed.

No longer is he a part of a team in transitional turmoil. Back into the thicket, fighting for 1st Place in their Division.

They've got back to backs coming up with Montreal which could go a long way in determining 1st place. Burr probably feels like he's living in a dream world right now, Neo

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

His whole world has changed.

No longer is he a part of a team in transitional turmoil. Back into the thicket, fighting for 1st Place in their Division.

They've got back to backs coming up with Montreal which could go a long way in determining 1st place. Burr probably feels like he's living in a dream world right now, Neo

Love Burr.  He was a great Canuck, and deserves this opportunity.  Glad to see he's doing so well there too.

• Upvote 1

On 3/9/2017 at 1:05 PM, kilgore said:

FYI he had a lot more fans than Deb. Just read through this thread.

I say leave the thread up until the end of the season out of respect and also that it will take that long to just get used to the idea of the Canucks without Burrows.

I always wanted someone to ask him if he had ever seen this thread and if not show it to him, explaining when it started etc., and ask what he thought. Maybe someone has.

Never thought of that,

I would never recommend any player ever look at this board and I'm sure the team tells them the same thing.

But in this case........I think he should see it, it takes a very special player to have something like this happen, it really is a tribute like no other.

• Upvote 2

On 3/4/2017 at 2:55 PM, 6YPE said:

I recognize what the twins have done here but I have to agree. Their play sure has fallen this year, especially on the defensive side, a lot of times they seem very disinterested to me. 

You guys fail to understand what it is the twins are doing,

They are TRUE troopers and willing to do what it takes to get this team to the next level

I.E Henrik and Daniel are frontline tank commanders

I guarantee they will not suck like this to start next year, but they want to start next year with Nolan backing them up.

C'mon, first the frigging mumps, then all of a sudden the twins hockey I.Q drops 50 pts?

Their game has never relied on athleticism, so this whole "Lost a step" theory doesn't add up,

The kind of boo-boo's we've seen are the type committed by guys who don't know what they are doing, that ain't the twins, never will be.

I'm sure most of you will stay in denial about this, and then next year talk about how amazed you are that they've found their game.

This is actually a great sign, it shows the entire organization is willing to do what other teams have been doing for years, and that the Canucks could potentially be better sooner rather than later.

The Twin would like to retire after skating the cup around Rodgers ice, do you really think there is ANY shot at all of that happening if we don't get some top notch new talent? and get it FAST? This is how the Penguins, Blackhawks, Kings, Ducks, Bruins ect ect. got thier top line talent, it's how we got the Twins, it's how we got Linden..

And by the way, if you don't think shenanigans is standard operating procedure for NHL franchises, go look up how we got Bure, we basically lied and said that he had played more games then he had and was therefore eligible to be drafted, total B.S of course but nobody could prove that he HADN'T thus the Canucks played the system for a pick and had the player in on the scam,

But in 2017 that could never happen right?

Anyway, I support what they are doing and look forward to the incredible return of their hockey sense early next year

2 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

You guys fail to understand what it is the twins are doing,

They are TRUE troopers and willing to do what it takes to get this team to the next level

I.E Henrik and Daniel are frontline tank commanders

I guarantee they will not suck like this to start next year, but they want to start next year with Nolan backing them up.

C'mon, first the frigging mumps, then all of a sudden the twins hockey I.Q drops 50 pts?

Their game has never relied on athleticism, so this whole "Lost a step" theory doesn't add up,

The kind of boo-boo's we've seen are the type committed by guys who don't know what they are doing, that ain't the twins, never will be.

I'm sure most of you will stay in denial about this, and then next year talk about how amazed you are that they've found their game.

This is actually a great sign, it shows the entire organization is willing to do what other teams have been doing for years, and that the Canucks could potentially be better sooner rather than later.

The Twin would like to retire after skating the cup around Rodgers ice, do you really think there is ANY shot at all of that happening if we don't get some top notch new talent? and get it FAST? This is how the Penguins, Blackhawks, Kings, Ducks, Bruins ect ect. got thier top line talent, it's how we got the Twins, it's how we got Linden..

And by the way, if you don't think shenanigans is standard operating procedure for NHL franchises, go look up how we got Bure, we basically lied and said that he had played more games then he had and was therefore eligible to be drafted, total B.S of course but nobody could prove that he HADN'T thus the Canucks played the system for a pick and had the player in on the scam,

But in 2017 that could never happen right?

Anyway, I support what they are doing and look forward to the incredible return of their hockey sense early next year

My issue isn't them tanking to get a better pick, my issue is if you are going to hold young guys accountable on the defensive side of the puck and your "starts" aren't doing their part (on purpose or not) it's showing a mixed message to the young guys. A coach pulls a young guy off a line for not back checking and then 22 or 33 don't do their part, get scored on and continue with top minutes. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 6YPE said:

My issue isn't them tanking to get a better pick, my issue is if you are going to hold young guys accountable on the defensive side of the puck and your "starts" aren't doing their part (on purpose or not) it's showing a mixed message to the young guys. A coach pulls a young guy off a line for not back checking and then 22 or 33 don't do their part, get scored on and continue with top minutes. 

So somebody was being treated differently than someone else? This is not a new thing, happens throughout life.