The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Darren Archibald | RW/LW

avelanch

3 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

If this is the case, I think we lose him to free agency. 

He's, definitely going to be looking for term and, I believe there's a team out there that will offer it. 

i guess we might see about that

i kind of agree with agent

there are many fringe nhl players that fit his profile

that is a very very hungry segment of players who want to get to or remain in the nhl

14 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Archie is our Dorsett replacement.

Archie is not nearly the player Dorsett was.  I don't know if Archie can get to spots quick enough to be an effective force.  Maybe we need a couple RATS instead?  That seems the way the league is trending anyway.

I can see Archibald getting term with a reasonable raise but with the understanding that he still has to fight for a roster spot and could be waived to Utica.

Unless Archibald gets a great alternative offer (which is possible), that would be fair for both the Canucks and for Archibald since he would get a chance with the Canucks or with another NHL team before being sent to Utica.  Archibald played well down the stretch and fills a 4th line roll reasonably well except for being a deterrent against other teams taking liberties on the Canucks' skilled players (which the Canucks are lacking).

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2018 at 9:26 AM, Alflives said:

Archie is not nearly the player Dorsett was.  I don't know if Archie can get to spots quick enough to be an effective force.  Maybe we need a couple RATS instead?  That seems the way the league is trending anyway.

That's exactly the problem, he plays about a half step behind the NHL game and needs to demonstrate a more consistent effort to work hard to be able to keep up.

we need players like DA, without him the Canucks dont have an answer for the ben Wilson's , ryan reeves . i keep reading ,hearing that bigger stronger players are the thing of the past . sure sign more soft euro's and some more 5'9"  5'10" players :picard:

44 minutes ago, chon derry said:

we need players like DA, without him the Canucks dont have an answer for the ben Wilson's , ryan reeves . i keep reading ,hearing that bigger stronger players are the thing of the past . sure sign more soft euro's and some more 5'9"  5'10" players :picard:

The Canucks do have an answer to Wilson, Lucic, and Reaves

tank.jpg.2873ae7c5599f9cfb796f31fb1c3ee1d.jpg

but they do need an equal presence on the forward corps. One player, no matter how tough, isn't enough to protect the youth that will be populating the team.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Canucks do have an answer to Wilson, Lucic, and Reaves

tank.jpg.2873ae7c5599f9cfb796f31fb1c3ee1d.jpg

but they do need an equal presence on the forward corps. One player, no matter how tough, isn't enough to protect the youth that will be populating the team.

not trying to take away from what guddy brings but yes a void of physicality up front without DA, his style is way closer to the direction  i would like to see. he's not out there creating crap but isn't steering away from it either. 

2 minutes ago, chon derry said:

not trying to take away from what guddy brings but yes a void of physicality up front without DA, his style is way closer to the direction  i would like to see. he's not out there creating crap but isn't steering away from it either. 

I never thought you were, chon. If the Canucks go after any free agents, I hope that they steer clear of Gagneresque players and instead focus on players that revel in the physical aspect of hockey who value their teammates to the point where they're willing to stand up for them.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I never thought you were, chon. If the Canucks go after any free agents, I hope that they steer clear of Gagneresque players and instead focus on players that revel in the physical aspect of hockey who value their teammates to the point where they're willing to stand up for them.

the SCF was a good example of where the canucks are and where they need to go. i really enjoyed the tail end of the season from  what i was seeing of our team.

27 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Let this guy walk he was disappointing in the physical department. Looked good first few games and then fell off.

Im sure one of the alberta teams will sign him.

Not as negative. I would resign Archy on a 1 year 2 way deal. He still has to prove himself over a season for any other deal. I think he can. 

1 hour ago, chon derry said:

Prefer we just sign guys like Roussel and/or the aforementioned Reaves. DA could be a 1/2 decent 13th F but our present W'er depth probably nixes that possibility. More likely in Utica IMO.

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Prefer we just sign guys like Roussel and/or the aforementioned Reaves. DA could be a 1/2 decent 13th F but our present W'er depth probably nixes that possibility. More likely in Utica IMO.

i dont think DA is going to jump at a 2way ,  a 1 yr. prove it, wouldn't be bad , i dont think he'd clear waivers .

6 minutes ago, chon derry said:

i dont think DA is going to jump at a 2way ,  a 1 yr. prove it, wouldn't be bad , i dont think he'd clear waivers .

Every team has an Archibald. I'd HIGHLY doubt it would be an issue.

23 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I'd rather the Canucks' Archibald be Rousell.

48 minutes ago, aGENT said:

;) 

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

;) 

Ha ha, I knew that.  I've never been a big fan of Archie's game; he's too much a bubble player and I don't think he has it in him to play the tough game required for an entire NHL season.

The Canucks have the cap space to bring in a player that can send the message that bullying the rookies is off limits, or else.   I would like to see a player that brings his tough game every night and will get that message across quickly.

Leaving it entirely up to Guddy is not the rig1ht way to go.

Archived