The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Henrik Tommernes | D

b3.

He has to sign by June 1st - not sure if that's on June 1st or the day before, I just read it in here yesterday: http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=668600

Westerholm, Honzik, and Price also have to sign before then if we want to retain their rights.

Ah, thanks. It sounds like they have to sign him before June 1st from that article.

But I recall him expressing an interest in coming over so hopefully they'll get it done soon.

I really hope we sign him he's someone that we could probably use in our system. Clock high minutes plays on the power play, puts up numbers from the blueline. I heard he's not afraid to get gritty and get in front of players.

I really hope we sign him he's someone that we could probably use in our system. Clock high minutes plays on the power play, puts up numbers from the blueline. I heard he's not afraid to get gritty and get in front of players.

Just announced that they have signed him

looks like he has a real nice wrist shot, good release. Love that he tries to walk the line something our defense doesnt do very well at all. Probably easier on the big ice though.

So he is right sied dominant Dman?

Thats good cause our system lacks plays that can play the right side especially if he is left handed.

8476294.jpg

medium.png

Henrik Tommernes

Defenceman - VAN

Height: 6' 1"

Weight: 176

Shoots: Left

Born: 28 Aug 1990 (Age 22)

Birthplace: Karlstad, Sweden

Expect that Hamhuis and Garrison playing together have been crushing it defensively.

PLaying the defensive side of the puck Garrison can be a liability. He always strikes me as not under standing his coverage which I guess is why he has Hamhuis as his partner

PLaying the defensive side of the puck Garrison can be a liability. He always strikes me as not under standing his coverage which I guess is why he has Hamhuis as his partner

Since the initial adjustment to the right side that took a couple games, Garrison has been our second best defenceman next to Hamhuis (which isn't saying a lot lately, but he's been a very close second).

Since the initial adjustment to the right side that took a couple games, Garrison has been our second best defenceman next to Hamhuis (which isn't saying a lot lately, but he's been a very close second).

lets be honest here it's tough to pick a D that has had a great series. Garrison is so hesitant...often leads to poor choice of passes. Love him on the PP but have a lump in my throat when he's 5 on 5

lets be honest here it's tough to pick a D that has had a great series. Garrison is so hesitant...often leads to poor choice of passes. Love him on the PP but have a lump in my throat when he's 5 on 5

Agreed. Aside from Luongo and game 2 Kesler, everyone's been pretty awful. I meant more regular season though, Garrison was starting to play very well on Hamhuis' right.

• 2 months later...

Archived