The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Alain Vigneault's Contract Extended By 2 Years

Strombone1

I think Gillis has discussed with AV what kind of changes he'd expect for next season, and the way he wants the young players to be used. Let's just give AV another year and see if anything changes, I'm sure Gillis has made at least a couple areas he'd like to see change.

Like said before, just because he's extended doesn't mean he can't be fired.

So again.. aside from being an inflammatory prick what exactly do you disagree with?? The team should see AT LEAST 5 changes, and that is cemented in the choice to resign AV it means they are going to overhaul the team rather then give the team a kick with a new coach.

I realize you are a complete douche as can be seen by your rampant posting in this thread (and many others), and re-posting images of children crying in an attempt to be .. uh... funny?

BUT what exactly are you saying is wrong with what I said?? Here I found a picture of you... Probably a more accurate portrayal than Robert DeNiro

untitled.jpeg

So despite being inflammatory what EXACTLY are you making for points???

Do you think the team we iced this year is going to win a cup next year? Hey we were one win away in 1994 too, we should bank on that moving forward.

F'ckin prick.

So again.. aside from being an inflammatory prick what exactly do you disagree with?? The team should see AT LEAST 5 changes, and that is cemented in the choice to resign AV it means they are going to overhaul the team rather then give the team a kick with a new coach.

I realize you are a complete douche as can be seen by your rampant posting in this thread (and many others), and re-posting images of children crying in an attempt to be .. uh... funny?

BUT what exactly are you saying is wrong with what I said?? Here I found a picture of you... Probably a more accurate portrayal than Robert DeNiro

untitled.jpeg

There better be significant changes in the offseason. I think extending AV is not a great move by the organization and hope that he is on a very short leash. The very fact that this team played lazy, uninspired, heartless and dumb hockey at a poor level for most of the second half of the season and the playoffs should be cause for concern. Whether it is a lack of preparation or something else, it is the coach's responsibility to get the players ready for the games.

If management decides to stand pat and not make any major moves to improve the team, then expect another quick playoff exit. I do not have much confidence that AV can get the job done in the playoffs at all.

There better be significant changes in the offseason. I think extending AV is not a great move by the organization and hope that he is on a very short leash. The very fact that this team played lazy, uninspired, heartless and dumb hockey at a poor level for most of the second half of the season and the playoffs should be cause for concern. Whether it is a lack of preparation or something else, it is the coach's responsibility to get the players ready for the games.

If management decides to stand pat and not make any major moves to improve the team, then expect another quick playoff exit. I do not have much confidence that AV can get the job done in the playoffs at all.

i hope AV coaches the team, the way he sees fit....

i hope he doesn't take the cdc'ers advice on coaching and running the team...

last i've known, there isn't any cdc'ers that have coached enough in the nhl, to take serious any advice about, how to handle players or coaching techniques.....

Good news in my opinion.

I don't believe in fixing what ain't broke. Sure, the half empties will quickly point out our failures but, as a long time fan, I see successes and near misses. Almost there, and I still believe this is the crew to get it done.

Well it will be interesting to see what direction the team goes.

MG was talking about offense, AV was mentioning playing like LA - defensive and big. If we're getting defensive and large, Schroeder hasn't a hope in hell of being given a chance.

Will we try and make moves to get bigger and play some very exciting "block everything" hockey?

Good news in my opinion.

I don't believe in fixing what ain't broke. Sure, the half empties will quickly point out our failures but, as a long time fan, I see successes and near misses. Almost there, and I still believe this is the crew to get it done.

Well it will be interesting to see what direction the team goes.

MG was talking about offense, AV was mentioning playing like LA - defensive and big. If we're getting defensive and large, Schroeder hasn't a hope in hell of being given a chance.

Will we try and make moves to get bigger and play some very exciting "block everything" hockey?

It's not about "one mistake". It's about indifferent back checking, weak defensive zone play, and BIG mistakes. Play hard BOTH directions and you will get your ice time. If you're "crushed" by getting it from the boss you need to find a new job. Do your job well and get rewarded. Don't...well there's somebody waiting to replace you.

- Maybe you have a bad memory. We weren't even a one line team. We had no secondary scoring and a plug playing RW with the Sedins. Eventually Naslund, who was on a definite decline, was put with the Sedins but he really didn't fit their style. We had a decent D and a goalie. We were projected to miss the playoffs for the second straight year. AV changed the team from an offense first to a defense first team. We were an average at best team that played the solid defensive style AV put in place to squeak out wins.

- You're a dreamer if you think we matched up well with Chicago. They had far better scoring depth and a better D. Despite us supposedly having the better goalie they really had Lou's number.

Archived