The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

19 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Belichick's license to pull this on the greatest QB ever is what separates the Pats from the rest. Everyone and anyone is held accountable and it sends a trickle down effect to every single player on that roster.

Wait,what did Belichick do to Joe Montanna?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Belichick's license to pull this on the greatest QB ever is what separates the Pats from the rest. Everyone and anyone is held accountable and it sends a trickle down effect to every single player on that roster.

I think that should be the standard everywhere in the league. Nobody gets off easy. But because of the way BB approaches the game, that's what sets him apart from all the other coaches. 

19 hours ago, Pears said:

Wentz to Jeffery would be glitchy.

For the Bengals I really hope we go out and get some help for the offensive line. Ogbuehi just isn't ready and I don't exactly want Eric Winston as our starting RT if we're still serious about going for the Super Bowl this year. Some depth on corner/safety wouldn't hurt either.

Hopefully this year there is a couple of mid size deals to encourage more trading during the season. 

Usually the trade deadline passes without much fanfare.

I know with playbooks it's hard for guys just signed off the street or traded for to be impact guys but depth pieces for sure should be moved from the teams out of it to the teams who still think they have a shot getting to the playoffs and making some noise.

The NFL is missing out on the excitement deadline day should be the third biggest day after free agency and the NFL draft.

Maybe with ratings down this year Giselle will out pressure on teams to make moves to encourage interest.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

Torrey Smith is so inconsistent. Nice deep threat but dude will show up 1 week and play like a beast and then next week basically be Agholor lol. 

Even if he is a one trick pony with inconsistent hands he is still better than Agholor because he still has elite deep speed you have to respect to draw attention way from the middle and short area passes. As long as he is on the field and pushing safeties and corners deep to protect against the big chunk play and even being a decoy is worth it imo.

The Eagles  o line is weak the only way to improve the offence for this season  so the d doesn't get gassed is at wide receiver since there are no quality #1RBs on the street to come in and learn the offensive system and actually be a starter and not a depth rotation guy.

At the very least Torrey Smith is a proven veteran NFL receiver and can provide leadership to the young guys like Green Beckham and Huff or even Agholor if he stays on the team still.

Jordan Matthews is trying to be a leader and can't because he is a young wr just like the rest of the group still trying to make his game better so it is hard to listen to a guy their own age as opposed to a big name like a Jeffrey or a Superbowl winner like Torrey Smith.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Even if he is a one trick pony with inconsistent hands he is still better than Agholor because he still has elite deep speed you have to respect to draw attention way from the middle and short area passes. As long as he is on the field and pushing safeties and corners deep to protect against the big chunk play and even being a decoy is worth it imo.

The Eagles  o line is weak the only way to improve the offence for this season  so the d doesn't get gassed is at wide receiver since there are no quality #1RBs on the street to come in and learn the offensive system and actually be a starter and not a depth rotation guy.

At the very least Torrey Smith is a proven veteran NFL receiver and can provide leadership to the young guys like Green Beckham and Huff or even Agholor if he stays on the team still.

Jordan Matthews is trying to be a leader and can't because he is a young wr just like the rest of the group still trying to make his game better so it is hard to listen to a guy their own age as opposed to a big name like a Jeffrey or a Superbowl winner like Torrey Smith.

The Eagles could use a running back in one of the upcoming drafts, as we don't really have a solid every-down one on the team. The problem is that for a real improvement we'd have to use an early pick on one, when we might want to try our luck elsewhere (WR, CB).

Mathews is alright, but not consistent enough and not reliable enough (fumbles) to be counted on every game. Sproles is solid, but also older and more of a situational back. Smallwood might be able to breakout with his speed, but he isn't our main guy for this year.

• Upvote 1

On 25/10/2016 at 11:16 PM, c00kies said:

The Eagles could use a running back in one of the upcoming drafts, as we don't really have a solid every-down one on the team. The problem is that for a real improvement we'd have to use an early pick on one, when we might want to try our luck elsewhere (WR, CB).

Mathews is alright, but not consistent enough and not reliable enough (fumbles) to be counted on every game. Sproles is solid, but also older and more of a situational back. Smallwood might be able to breakout with his speed, but he isn't our main guy for this year.

I think it's time to see what Barner and to a greater extent Smallwood, can bring to the table. Sproles can still mix in on passing downs and to change the pace.

Matthews contract expires at the end of the year anyways it's a no brainer to test out different options to see if you need to find a new starting RB in the offseason or maybe Smallwood can step up like you said and invest in desperate positions of need like corner and o line and linebackers or receivers.

Speaking of which I would target in the offseason Also Jeffrey for sure and Torrey Smith too if they can't get him right away.

At CB you have Trumaine Johnson looking for a huge payday who is a good corner but the Eagles might wanna avoid since in the past trades for DRC and big money players like Asmougha,Maxwell, and Asante Samuel never really worked out.

Maybe try a lesser known name to the average fan like Chris Culliver or Leonard Johnson for cheap on a short term deal.

I'd like to ideally draft a starting CB1 or CB 2 in round 1 who can come start right away and upgrade the talent at the position. An RB1 can be found in the second or third round as the draft is deep.

Edited by Chip Kelly

3 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

Honestly, I feel like I'm the only person that likes the Jaguars colour rush jersey. Looks disgusting but at the same time, I like em. Titans baby blue looks awesome as well

I liked both of them as well. Every team did a great job with the colour rush theme. Personal favourites outside of the Bengals are Seattles and San Diegos. 

8 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

Honestly, I feel like I'm the only person that likes the Jaguars colour rush jersey. Looks disgusting but at the same time, I like em. Titans baby blue looks awesome as well

I tried watching the game last night in colour, but I just couldn't.  I actually turned the colour OFF.

Man. Gotta feel for Revis. Comes a point in every athletes career and it's been crystal clear so far this year he's reached that point and isn't his old self.

Glad he got a ring. One of the all time greats. It's been a handful of years now but Revis was one of the most polarizing players in the league. Still laugh every time I recall that the Jets defense led by him appeared in 2 AFCCG's with Mark Sanchez as their QB. That's all I've gotta say to praise his greatness hahahaha

...and Jets will be biting the bullet for the next few years. Cracked open the bank on a past his prime, declining Revis. Can't believe Woody Johnson talked with him before the negotiating window to ensure they would sign him and took a fine for it...

7 hours ago, Pears said:

I liked both of them as well. Every team did a great job with the colour rush theme. Personal favourites outside of the Bengals are Seattles and San Diegos. 

Miami's Orange rush jersey is now my favorite.