The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

wtf man, I'm so pissed off!

Despite the win, it's just awing at how horrible we've played and yet we're lucky to be sitting 2-0. The only bright spot on the team is the defense - which has been under the radar but deserves a hell of an applause - and Brady.

...the receivers are the worst in the NFL, plain and simple. It's so annoying that a guy like Peyton has had a group of excellent WRs throughout his career and he's considered one of the best. Then you have Brady who is better than him who's considered one of or the best and he's had medicore receivers throughout his years and has still got it done. Despite '07 where he had Moss, other than that, that was it. He's had no one else really, Welker yea, but 1 receiver doesn't say anything....Brady has never had a group of solid WRs and it's amazing how much he'a accomplished without them. If he were given all the WRs Manning has had throughout the years, no doubt he would have 5 SBs and possibly more.

....I get BB wants to rebuild and wants youth learning for WRs but it's clearly just not working! ...I never question a move BB makes being the greatest coach in history, but why is it so hard to realize this: Give Brady good wide receivers, and he'll single handily win games.

It's so simple yet he's never done it. Who cares if you get caught up with the cap; shed some other players and bring in a group of solid WRs and Brady will win another Super Bowl guaranteed. Plus this just made me remember that also, Brady has only had 1 deep threat throughout his career and that was Moss, and you can arguably say Brown but he was more of a midfield guy. Manning has had deep threats countlessly, every year he has them, but Brady is always sold short with a cr@p group of receivers and it really pisses me off. No one realizes this but it's the truth and it comes to show why he is the GOAT,

...Give him a good slot receiver, a mid range receiver, a deep threat, and I guarantee he wins a SB. Mad too we let go of Welker, all we had to do was pay him 1 extra million ffs, and Brady took a paycut to get better receivers and yet they demolish the WR group and leave him empty handed with a bunch of rookies who couldn't catch a pass if their life depended on it. Plus Amendola is injured which really sucks though he is good, and Gronk is recovering. If things don't change, I see them losing 1st round of the playoffs easily.

...Love Belichick and all the decisions he's made, but 1 I will never get is why he hasn't given Brady good WRs to work with just boggles me. Give the man a good receiving corpse, and you'll win - it's not rocket science! Just an example of what you give Brady and the Pats win hands down as Brady will lighten up the scoreboard every single game: slot receiver (Welker), mid range receiver (Emmanuel Sanders), deep threat (Greg Jennings), and it's over, no competition...

It is dumb comments like these which make me hate Pats fanbase.

Edited by canuckbeliever

Bet $20 on Packers, Ravens and Falcons to win, and Saints to beat Bucs by 4 points or more all on one parlay. Pays $90 plus my $20 back. Feeling confident.

I don't see the Pack losing to the Redskins at Lambeau and starting the season 0-2, I don't see the Browns getting anything done against the Ravens, and I certainly don't see the Rams being able to stop Julio, Roddy and Gonzalez. The only iffy part is the Sainst. They're banged up on D big time, and Revis Island will shut down Colston so it'll be upto Moore and the rest.

I bet NFL every week and I ABSOLUTELY HATE your Falcons pick. Strong chance Roddy and Julio are out and at least 1 for sure. I have watched 2 rams pre season games and there opener against Arizona and all I will say is that they are extremely underrated. I like Bradford, I like Tavon Austin, there kicker IMO is amongst the best in the game and there defence is good.

Also feel Wheedman and Cleveland may surprise Ravens this week who were horrendous last week.

Good luck though. Hopefully you win

Also for the record for anyone who cares I bet Sports Action and this week I am betting New Orleans, Green Bay and Denver in a variety of combinations. I think these 3 are amongst safest games this week. Out of the 3 I am least confident in Denver but if New Orleans and GB win I should win some money and hopefully avenge my 200+ dollar losses last week (the patriots winning by less than 3 really shot me in the foot).

Edited by canuckbeliever

I bet NFL every week and I ABSOLUTELY HATE your Falcons pick. Strong chance Roddy and Julio are out and at least 1 for sure. I have watched 2 rams pre season games and there opener against Arizona and all I will say is that they are extremely underrated. I like Bradford, I like Tavon Austin, there kicker IMO is amongst the best in the game and there defence is good.

Also feel Wheedman and Cleveland may surprise Ravens this week who were horrendous last week.

Good luck though. Hopefully you win

Also for the record for anyone who cares I bet Sports Action and this week I am betting New Orleans, Green Bay and Denver in a variety of combinations. I think these 3 are amongst safest games this week. Out of the 3 I am least confident in Denver but if New Orleans and GB win I should win some money and hopefully avenge my 200+ dollar losses last week (the patriots winning by less than 3 really shot me in the foot).

I definitely agree that St Louis is underated. They have really great, young talent. I personally have Chris Givens and Daryl Richardson on my fantasy team. However, I just don't see the Falcons starting 0-2 inside their own dome. I also think SJax is going to put up big numbers against his old team.

I bet using BoDog.

Don't you think you're being overly simplistic on this one? It sounds to me like you think that all it takes to win is a good qb and receiving core. What about that stout O line that lets Brady stay in the pocket? Do you think they come cheap? What about that defense that you said played well? Do you think they would have won this game without them? I could go on and on. Belichick is considered the best because no matter what happens he manages to put together a competitive team year after year. He seemingly finds players out of nowhere to fill holes and he gets more out of players than most people expect. This will inevitably come to an end at some point, most likely when Brady starts to decline, but for the time being I would just be happy with the 2-0 start.

Oh yeah and for the record people hate Pats fans because they are everywhere and for all the wrong reasons. It's like any sport though, people like to back winners. It's the easy way out.

I wear my Pats gear (either a jersey or sweatshirt) to school (campus with thousands and thousands of students) and have never seen another person wearing anything Pats related. I've seen Arian foster jerseys, Broncos hats, tons of Russel Wilson stuff, but never Pats. Also, when I was in high school I was the only Pats fan and everyone knew it, they didn't harass me for it or anything but whenever they lost people including the principle would take harmless shots at me.

I've been looking for other legit Pats fans in the lower mainland for a long time to get together one day and watch a game or whatever but can never find one (except one of my cousins). Where are all these people you speak of

I wear my Pats gear (either a jersey or sweatshirt) to school (campus with thousands and thousands of students) and have never seen another person wearing anything Pats related. I've seen Arian foster jerseys, Broncos hats, tons of Russel Wilson stuff, but never Pats. Also, when I was in high school I was the only Pats fan and everyone knew it, they didn't harass me for it or anything but whenever they lost people including the principle would take harmless shots at me.

I've been looking for other legit Pats fans in the lower mainland for a long time to get together one day and watch a game or whatever but can never find one (except one of my cousins). Where are all these people you speak of

Me. Which school do you go to? I'm up at SFU

Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy. Go drive by the local high school and you will see more pats gear than anything else. Kind of like 9ers gear in the 90's. They are on the decline though so it isn't as prevalent as it was a few years ago. Next are you going to tell me how you grew up in shadows of Gillette stadium?

Oh yeah and for the record people hate Pats fans because they are everywhere and for all the wrong reasons. It's like any sport though, people like to back winners. It's the easy way out.

What are you talking about!? :picard:

Pats jerseys are nowhere near wore out here in BC, and they haven't won in almost a decade. Talk about an ignorant conclusion...most jerseys are either Seahawks, 49ers, Broncos...I'm the only when one I've seen wear a Patriots jersey except for 3-4 times. That's it. I've went through high school here and no one in high school wore a Pats jersey or had one...and what do you mean easy way out lol. Been a Pats fan since day 1 and have never miss a game...

Your probably one of those people who think Red Wings fans are bandwagoners and that they are the most worn jerseys everywhere lol...give me a break and better yet, give me that crystal ball your looking through...

Edited by TheRussianRocket™

Pats jerseys are nowhere near wore out here in BC, and they haven't won in almost a decade. Talk about an ignorant conclusion...most jerseys are either Seahawks, 49ers, Broncos...I'm the only when one I've seen wear a Patriots jersey except for 3-4 times. That's it. I've went through high school here and no one in high school wore a Pats jersey or had one...and what do you mean easy way out lol. Been a Pats fan since day 1 and have never miss a game...

The Patriots jerseys are putrid, that is why you never see them out in public.

And one of the biggest reasons I hate them and always will is because they are the " Patriots" for god sake the red, white and blue, YUK I'm Canadian why would I like a team called the patriots.

And of course Tom Brady who is just one of those people you'd like to torture and murder in your basement.

I would say another reason for the decline in visible Pats merch is how much people deeply hate them and love to watch Brady suffer.

Edited by Cyril Sneer

Your probably one of those people who think Red Wings fans are bandwagoners and that they are the most worn jerseys everywhere lol...give me a break and better yet, give me that crystal ball your looking through...

I can look at any idiot wearing a jersey from across the country and figue out when they started watching football and I don't need a crystal ball to do it. As for the number of pat fans you are out to lunch on that one. Haven't you noticed what teams fans dominate this thread? Don't you find it strange that there are so many pats fans on this board considering they are an east coast team? Don't fall off the bandwagon bud.

I can look at any idiot wearing a jersey from across the country and figue out when they started watching football and I don't need a crystal ball to do it. As for the number of pat fans you are out to lunch on that one. Haven't you noticed what teams fans dominate this thread? Don't you find it strange that there are so many pats fans on this board considering they are an east coast team? Don't fall off the bandwagon bud.

Don't you find it strange there are no Canadian NFL teams? Does that mean you automatically root for the closest team? Whatever floats your boat...heck, that just makes you a bandwagoners for picking the Hawks considering how dominant they are :lol:

...one of the dumbest theory's I've ever heard of...and clearly you can't put pieces together saying other teams fans dominate this thread - what are you even trying to say?

And again, I need that crystal ball your looking through. I want to know when others started watching football too and just to make you a bit happier, I've went to Boston and watched multiple games with my cousins and friends there so I wouldn't be so quick to jump the gun...yea, you go ahead and root for the Hawks cause they're a west coast team and the closest to BC? :S sure thing captain...don't roll your ankle hopping on that wagon...

Edited by TheRussianRocket™

And one of the biggest reasons I hate them and always will is because they are the " Patriots" for god sake the red, white and blue, YUK I'm Canadian why would I like a team called the patriots.

And of course Tom Brady who is just one of those people you'd like to torture and murder in your basement.

I would say another reason for the decline in visible Pats merch is how much people deeply hate them and love to watch Brady suffer.

I respect your opinion, but peoole like you who despise the Pats always put a smile and laugh on my face : p

Love it...hating success. Brady's a beauty B)

Don't you find it strange there are no Canadian NFL teams? Does that mean you automatically root for the closest team? Whatever floats your boat...heck, that just makes you a bandwagoners for picking the Hawks considering how dominant they are :lol:

...one of the dumbest theory's I've ever heard of...and clearly you can't put pieces together saying other teams fans dominate this thread - what are you even trying to say?

And again, I need that crystal ball your looking through. I want to know when others started watching football too and just to make you a bit happier, I've went to Boston and watched multiple games with my cousins and friends there so I wouldn't be so quick to jump the gun...yea, you go ahead and root for the Hawks cause they're a west coast team and the closest to BC? :S sure thing captain...don't roll your ankle hopping on that wagon...

It appears i've struck a chord. For the record, I don't hate pats fans. I mearly pointed out why others do and it's not that hard to figure out. Go to any nfl board and see for yourself. But you're hardcore bro so don't worry about it.

Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy. Go drive by the local high school and you will see more pats gear than anything else. Kind of like 9ers gear in the 90's. They are on the decline though so it isn't as prevalent as it was a few years ago. Next are you going to tell me how you grew up in shadows of Gillette stadium?

I coach football at a local high school and they're all Seahawks fans, with a few 9ers and Packers fans. Don't know what kind of point you were trying to make, but it failed.

I'm dual citizen, born and partially raised on the east coast before moving to Seattle for a year, then to BC where my dad found a great job and my mom got accepted to school up here.

Also, what the f*ck is wrong with you? There's no shame in having a mental illness by any means, but for FFS keep it to yourself.

There's Rams, Eagles, Packers, Seahawks, 49ers, Cowboys, Chargers, Broncos and used to be a Jets fan in this thread. Raoul Duke and I have been the only Pats fans in this thread since about 06 before the new ones showed up this year and last. I have never even seen your username in this thread before this week. Keep up the hate bud, you're trying to call Pats fans bandwagoners cause they're the team everyone apparently likes, when ironically you're just doing the very thing most people like doing, which is throw hate towards the Patriots

Edited by NucksPatsFan

I want to test this out. Lions fan.

I coach football at a local high school and they're all Seahawks fans, with a few 9ers and Packers fans. Don't know what kind of point you were trying to make, but it failed.

I'm dual citizen, born and partially raised on the east coast before moving to Seattle for a year, then to BC where my dad found a great job and my mom got accepted to school up here.

Also, what the f*ck is wrong with you? There's no shame in having a mental illness by any means, but for FFS keep it to yourself.

There's Rams, Eagles, Packers, Seahawks, 49ers, Cowboys, Chargers, Broncos and used to be a Jets fan in this thread. Raoul Duke and I have been the only Pats fans in this thread since about 06 before the new ones showed up this year and last. I have never even seen your username in this thread before this week. Keep up the hate bud, you're trying to call Pats fans bandwagoners cause they're the team everyone apparently likes, when ironically you're just doing the very thing most people like doing, which is throw hate towards the Patriots

You forgot Titans fans.

I post on CalgaryPuck and one thread was who is your fav NFL team and at one point Titans had the 2nd most votes behind Seattle.