The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Pavelski is a UFA after next season. Both would be short term players. Clowe for 1 season >> Pavelski for two seasons.

The fact that he's a UFA after this season just means we would have to get a better pick or prospect back.

Clowe is exactly the type of playoff player this team has been lacking. He was way more value to us then Pavelski.

Yeah I agree, does seem a steep, I had doubts they would even give up Mojo but if they seriously want him that is probably the price.

Maybe.

Luongo, Raymond for Mojo, prospect (Galiev?), 2nd?

Or Maybe Neuvirth is in the deal. Idk but what do you think, cause the point you make might make Raymond's actual mean something decent in the deal.

great pic, but I disagree with giving Edler as much blame. As I have said previously, against a dangler like Eberle, you can't attack him, so you force him outside and to shoot from as far from the slot as you can..........though he was beat to the outside, Edler accomplished this. watch the video........that was a bad goal, and a goal that changed the momentum of the game.

great pic, but I disagree with giving Edler as much blame. As I have said previously, against a dangler like Eberle, you can't attack him, so you force him outside and to shoot from as far from the slot as you can..........though he was beat to the outside, Edler accomplished this. watch the video........that was a bad goal, and a goal that changed the momentum of the game.

ya an it happens, he was taking away the bottom because there is a higher probability. Jesus are you guys blind? He's not a friggen robot, thats a great play by Eberle, and a seeing eye shot.

wow man, strap on some skates and learn to play the game vs reading textbook comments from a goaltending coach and thinking every player can perform perfectly in every situation. If that were the case we'd see 0-0 games 82 games a year right?

It was not a weak goal, it was a terrific shot, there is a difference. Goal 2 sure, weak and shouldn't have gone in under any circumstances.

Wow guys...learn to play some hockey and you'll figure out how difficult a shot Eberle finished on.

I didn't really think about it before but SJ could be a very real possibility.

From what I know, Dallas is aiming to resign Benn. IMO, I'm almost certain this is the domino that is waiting to fall.

Edit: Then again, Lehtonen has been doing good.

Speculation of course.

Lu and Ballard

For

Vis and Nino

Seems fair, perhaps NYI adding a little. Ballard would do well in the east again and Lu would give them great goaltending with veteran experience.

Canucks get a very good prospect in Nino that asked for a trade and an offensive dman in his last year that doesn't want to play for NYI.

NYI is moving in 2015 to Brooklyn, a lot more desirable place to play with easy commutes and Islanders need help attracting free agents. Good fit for both teams.

Holy crap guys.... Lou was cheating for the pass in front and was probably thrown off by the flying Edler stick.

Lou could have played it better, Eddie could have played it better, Eberle played it perfectly. Goals go in, every player makes mistakes.

Archived