3455 replies to this topic

#3391 gizmo2337

gizmo2337

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Those injuries are all *real* injuries if you google it. Islander players are out with Knee, Groin, and a player that didn't report to camp. There is nothing fishy about any of that. And not in our wildest dreams are we getting Gudbranson!

Despite all logic with how goal tending performed last year, I wonder if the mystery team might be the Blues. The only reasoning I can come up with is perhaps management thinks their tending last year was a one time fluke, and they are ready to contend yearly now.
Steen + Elliot + prospect/pick for Luongo + Raymond?

#3392 bolt

bolt

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

New York islanders move to Brooklyn in 2014/2015 so this might influence luongo's decision?

#3393 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

man, can y'all believe how many pages this tidbit of info that Gillis let out to the Sun has created!!?? I mean, he's got all the muppet Van fans all stirred up pretty good on here. Everyone is speculating that we are gonna get some quality in return for Lu but we all forget that it's his contact that is the huge steam roller that will crush all aspirations in the long run. With the cap going down to 64 million from the present 70 million next season, any team with quality players will not have the cap space for such a deal unless Gillis is convinced/suckered into eating about 75% of Lu's cap hit. Otherwise he'll go to some team that has a ton of cap space and can afford to buy him out if he doesn't pan out and we will be stuck with pylons like Kassian, Schroeder, Ballard, Bieksa, etc + an unproven goaltender with no backup!! Who is gonna be the backup when Lu leaves this sorry city!!! It seems no matter how we look at this Luongo situation, that Gillis created I might add, we are gonna take it in the left ear or in another location of the anatomy, with Lu being totally in the drivers seat. Gillis is wingin' this whole deal and he'll end up with egg all over his face!! Until he makes whatever deal he can, Lu will continue to be a huge distraction until he is gone!!! ...

come on, is that the best you can do?

#3394 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,525 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

Good post. thax for the info.

I think Gudbranson is a stretch. Don't think we will get him.

He was suspended due to off season water boarding accident where he suffered shoulder injury.

Water boarding?!? LOL

I think you mean knee boarding. Water boarding is no accident.

/ Bailey and Gudbranson were suspended from their teams for engaging in offseason activities that resulted in injuries. Nothing fishy about that.

Of course, there could be some animosity between players and team but that's it.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#3395 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Water boarding?!? LOL

/ Bailey and Gudbranson were suspended from their teams for engaging in offseason activities that resulted in injuries. Nothing fishy about that.

Of course, there could be some animosity between players and team but that's it.

Actually I meant wake boarding.

anyways, yeah he's suspended, and Bergenheim was suspended from due to injury he suffered while playing in Europe. I made a post about this about a week ago.

nothings up.

Edited by WHL rocks, 23 January 2013 - 11:52 AM.

#3396 mcgillnuck

mcgillnuck

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

Good post. thax for the info.

I think Gudbranson is a stretch. Don't think we will get him.

He was suspended due to off season water boarding accident where he suffered shoulder injury.

:shock:

Props to canuckbuddy for the sig

#3397 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

Despite all logic with how goal tending performed last year, I wonder if the mystery team might be the Blues. The only reasoning I can come up with is perhaps management thinks their tending last year was a one time fluke, and they are ready to contend yearly now.
Steen + Elliot + prospect/pick  for  Luongo + Raymond?

That's a huge stretch. BOTH their goalies were fantastic last year. What are the odds that they think NEITHER will be a good starter for them?

That said, their former GM was the guy who targeted Halak. But still, I don't buy it.

I still think it's the Sharks, b/c of the whole "mystery player" thing, and them finalizing a deal with Gomez.
Posted Image

#3398 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

Water boarding?!? LOL

Posted Image

Hahaha, I hear he loves water boarding.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#3399 Goal:thecup

Goal:thecup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

Miami Herald Jan 21/13 said Gudbranson only needs another week and is already skating with the team.

If he is good to go yet still on this "unavailable" list, maybe he is the player Gillis meant when he said the other team had to decide how to deal with a player.

I hope they could lift the suspension, declare him healed, and trade him to us.

There are plenty of options to fill the trade out so that it makes sense for both teams.

#3400 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

I'm sure it's been said multiple times already but my guess is the islanders as the mystery team. No owner in the league probly has wanted luongo more than Wang after they drafted him early and then gave him away for free. He's also very unconventional and fits the mold of someone who would go after him when others won't. Dipietro would be the mystery player and if they can find a creative compromise in dealing with his contract I could see New York overpaying to get Lu and take some financial burden off their payroll.

Isles should be good in a few years and I'm sure Lu would consider playing for them. If Nino + is involved (baily?) and Wang wants him bad enough I could see this being a great trade if all Aquilini has to do is eat some salary from a buyout or something like that.

Edited by cdubuya, 23 January 2013 - 12:04 PM.

Posted Image

#3401 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

We would have to give up so much for Benn, We don't even really have the pieces expendable to do it. I also have no idea why he would want out of Dallas, they made some great moves in the off season and are going to be a real good team this year. He is also getting top line minutes growing with Eriksson, and now Jagr signing. They also have two young goal tenders. I don't see this team going anywhere but up, im sure hes just waiting for the right deal, hes a valuable player.

Rumour is that Benn's parents got bed bugs in a Gilardi Sandman and then food poisoning with a courtesy voucher at their Denny's. I guess he is really p*ssed!

#3402 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

Any one else find it weird that Benn still hasn't re-signed in Dallas yet...he's also from BC and according to reports, Dallas has contacted Van about Luongo.....interesting. Of course I doubt Dallas would give up Benn easily but still seems like an awful coincidence. My thoughts are Benn has asked for a trade. Anyway what would we have to give up for benn???

I just don't see Dallas wanting Luongo, Lehtonen is a great goalie. Unless if they were to inquire about a 3 way trade but lets be honest here Benn is tradeable to any team there is no need for 3 way trades in this regard

#3403 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,309 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Visnovsky attempted to block his trade to NYI from ANA last year, This year he has refused to come over from Erurope. He tried to keep playing in the KHL but couldn't due to NHL KHL agreement to respect each others contracts. He doesn't want to play for NYI so he was suspended.

Vis has agreed to come back to the NHL, but the reason he wanted to stay was due to his son having health issues. I believe he has a surgery or treatment scheduled so he wants to stay until that's resolved and then will report to the Islanders. He doesn't want to play for anyone in NA until that's taken care of.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#3404 Saskatchewan Canucks Fan

Saskatchewan Canucks Fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

Last night I heard that people think there is a potential deal in progress. Subban thinks he is heading west to Van city. The potential deal I heard is something along the lines of:

Canucks: Subban
Montreal: Huberdeau
Panthers: Luongo

I am simply sharing what I heard from others. I do not have any "insiders" or anything myself. Just thought I would post this for discussion

anfqiq.jpg
                                By -Vintage Canuck-

#3405 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Miami Herald Jan 21/13 said Gudbranson only needs another week and is already skating with the team.

If he is good to go yet still on this "unavailable" list, maybe he is the player Gillis meant when he said the other team had to decide how to deal with a player.

I hope they could lift the suspension, declare him healed, and trade him to us.

There are plenty of options to fill the trade out so that it makes sense for both teams.

Gillis said "Other team" and "unexpected" Florida has expected interest and is known to be in talks.
NYI has the most sense to me, Nino not invited to camp has a bunch of question marks to me.
Niederreter is 20 years old 205 pounds and 6ft tall, is also a left wing.
I could see us targetting him and at the same time it sounds like NYI is in need of a way to "handle" this player.

#3406 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,948 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

I'm sure it's been said multiple times already but my guess is the islanders as the mystery team. No owner in the league probly has wanted luongo more than Wang after they drafted him early and then gave him away for free. He's also very unconventional and fits the mold of someone who would go after him when others won't. Dipietro would be the mystery player and if they can find a creative compromise in dealing with his contract I could see New York overpaying to get Lu and take some financial burden off their payroll.

Isles should be good in a few years and I'm sure Lu would consider playing for them. If Nino + is involved (baily?) and Wang wants him bad enough I could see this being a great trade if all Aquilini has to do is eat some salary from a buyout or something like that.

That's my guess too. They have the need, the cap room and the players to get the deal done.

#3407 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,948 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

Last night I heard that people think there is a potential deal in progress. Subban thinks he is heading west to Van city. The potential deal I heard is something along the lines of:

I am simply sharing what I heard from others. I do not have any "insiders" or anything myself. Just thought I would post this for discussion

that actually makes a lot of sense, but Van would still have to make some cap room room for PK........probably the end of the Ballard experiment

#3408 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,793 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

that actually makes a lot of sense, but Van would still have to make some cap room room for PK........probably the end of the Ballard experiment

in what way does this make sense? do you think pk wants to play on our third pairing logging 12 mins a game for 4 mill plus a year? WE HAVE NO SECOND LINE AT THE MOMENT what don't you understand about that statement.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#3409 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

1. "heard from others" who? Buddies?

2. Doesn't make any sense. Yes Subban is terrific but why would we trade for him, our defense isn't our biggest concern, short or long term, center is both short and long term.

3. If a trade with Fla happens, why wouldn't we take Huberdeau? That makes sense to me...

4. Therefore, your trade sounds a bit too much like buddies at the bar

#3410 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,972 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

in what way does this make sense? do you think pk wants to play on our third pairing logging 12 mins a game for 4 mill plus a year? WE HAVE NO SECOND LINE AT THE MOMENT what don't you understand about that statement.

I've heard PK as agreed to play right wing this year. <_<

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#3411 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,309 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

That makes no sense - who were you hearing it from, you're cousin Bob and neighbour Sally? We don't need 6 defencemen making over $4M, heck, we don't even need all of the 5 we currently have and will have to find a way to move Ballard (most likely) or buy him out.

Subban isn't going to come here unless we send a comparable the other way. Who would you like that to be? It won't be Ballard because only his contract is comparable so it'd have to be one of the other 4 (Hamhuis, Bieksa, Edler or Garrison). Also, Luongo straight up won't convince Florida to give up Huberdeau, although the possibility of them getting Subban back for him could be interesting at least.

Gillis said "Other team" and "unexpected" Florida has expected interest and is known to be in talks.
NYI has the most sense to me, Nino not invited to camp has a bunch of question marks to me.
Niederreter is 20 years old 205 pounds and 6ft tall, is also a left wing.
I could see us targetting him and at the same time it sounds like NYI is in need of a way to "handle" this player.

And Snow (the Isles GM) has said he isn't interested in trading Niederreiter even though he's asked to. Add to that all the other things that have been discussed about the Isles: Luongo not likely to waive his NTC to go there, NYI needing to do something with DiPietro (and we won't take him back just to buy him out), etc.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#3412 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,379 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

1. "heard from others" who? Buddies?

2. Doesn't make any sense. Yes Subban is terrific but why would we trade for him, our defense isn't our biggest concern, short or long term, center is both short and long term.

3. If a trade with Fla happens, why wouldn't we take Huberdeau? That makes sense to me...

4. Therefore, your trade sounds a bit too much like buddies at the bar

I agree it doesn't make sense. I could see Florida taking Luongo and Subban.

To Florida: Roberto Luongo, PK Subban

To Vancouver: Jonathan Huberdeau

To Montreal: David Booth, Sean Bergenheim

Value might not be fair but other pieces can be added.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#3413 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,948 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

you might want to lay off the 9th cup of morning coffee.

The key phrase in your post is "at the moment". Kesler will be back, Booth will be back and the second line will be fine. If MG goes out and pulls a panic trade to fix the second line, then there will be a glut of fwds. Not saying he shouldn't look at it, but if a chance to get a PK Subban comes up, you take it........he's exactly the kind of return you want for Luongo, ayoung impact player.

But, if you're happy with trading Luongo for forwards that Toronto doesn't want, you should make that known to MG

Sedin Sedin Burr - you know what you get
Booth Kes Hansen - speed, grit, hard to the net
Raymond Schroeder Kassian - hope to see what we saw in camp
Volpatti Lappy Higgins - grind line with a scoring touch

for the fwd group, all parts are pretty much interchangeable.........complete depth

Bieksa Hamhuis - dependable shutdown guys
Edler Garrison - bombs and physical
Subban Tanev - young, energetic, dynamic, poised

for the d group, the top 5 can all be interchanged and all 3 groups woud play equal mins.........fresh going into the playoffs

pp 1

SEdin Sedin hansen - I like Hansen here.......Burr too

Eddie Garrison - Kaboom

pp 2

Schroeder Kesler Kassian - Schroeder is the passer, Kesler the shooter, kass the screen

PK Bieksa - Pk is the qb we've been looking for, Bieksa is the director

Manny goes, Ballard goes

#3414 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,525 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Obviously, with a game tonight we won't hear much new info today about any possible deals but I expect that to change significantly tomorrow.

As we go on the road and are playing 5 games in 8 days this is an important window in the season for the team. If no move is made and the team flounders then the pressure to make a move, either with Lou or activating Kes, will become paramount.

Really, if nothing is done, as in trade completed, on Thursday the 24th or Saturday the 26th then there won't be a deal for awhile. If one is going to get done in the next 10 days this will be the time, IMHO.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#3415 gizmo2337

gizmo2337

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Wow, if I am reading this right, San Jose has *10* centres on their active roster?? And that isn't including the one they just waived to the minors.

.. you know, just in case you need injury spares -_-

#3416 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

Dreger says he went to the Hawks?

#3417 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

It was a fake account.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#3418 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

ah, good, I was severely disappointed for a minute there

#3419 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,041 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

Wow, if I am reading this right, San Jose has *10* centres on their active roster?? And that isn't including the one they just waived to the minors.

.. you know, just in case you need injury spares -_-

They do seem to have a lot of what we need....
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3420 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

It was a fake account.

ah, good, I was severely disappointed for a minute there

pretty sure when Luongo gets traded twitter is going to crash with the amount of tweets / retweets from the hockey community
All TV service in canada will be interrupted by an emergency broadcast with the Luongo coverage as they follow him to the airport
And Team 1040 radio will hijack all FM / AM radio frequencies in the lower mainland as to report the Luongo trade.
::D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.