The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth out 4 to 6 weeks

hockeyville88

Was listening to Tony G on this and he sounds a little bitter....questioned what kind of training he's been doing and basically hinted at irresponsibility in acquiring an injury at this stage in the game. I'm not quite sure it can be prevented...injuries happen to even the fittest and it's likely a fluke thing. Just unfortunate timing, but I'm sure it wasn't anything of Booth's doing.

I am on the fence. I follow Booth on twitter and obviously see his escapades. But I also know that he is known as the guy in the locker room who may workout TOO much. My thought is he possibly continued to work out, but maybe didn't spend enough time on the ice and doing stretches, mainly remaining in the weight room?

Well; I'm not sure Booth himself has not panned out. Admittedly no screaming positive results jumping out at you. But, aside from tweaking his knee in a dirty hit this groin pull is his first avoidable setback.

The real problem with trading for Booth was it was an incomplete trade. We traded for a left winger (when we had a mitfull of them) because he was big, fast and athletic and in theory that would have synergies with Kesler. It should have been. But the problem was we also robbed the line of its right winger and its best passer and stabilizer by giving up Samuelsson in the deal. We needed (still do possibly) to recover a right wing who complimented the two of them. Or have Burrows slide to the line if we picked that RW up, say Doan, for the top line. It IMO was not reasonable to expect really good results without a secondary move.

In the meantime, we have Danny, Higgins, Raymond and could recall Jensen. Lets not panic and go get the guy we actually need; another top 6 RW so the line can move forward with Booth's replacement and with Raymond or whomever till he's back!

Stay the program! <_<

Plus One!

That's not a fair judgment is it? And again, you are forgetting Hamhuis.

If you are going to say last year then you have to include Salo, if you are saying what we have now you have to include Garrison, you can't take the best from both worlds and add it into your post to favor your idea.

Gillis shoots for 200 Points from our Defense every year. Last year we got 180, Garrison had more points than Salo, Vandermeer had the same amount of points as Sulzer and Gragnani, Tanev will get a full year, Barker is better offensively than Rome. I think we will be just fine.

I'd rather see MG let the chips fall where they may this season than rush a trade for scrubs to plug a hole. What's the wors that can happen? They miss the playoffs and get something the desperately need.........a high first round draft pick. In that case, maybe they get a second 1st rounder in a Lu deal and package them for a veryhigh pick, maybe a 1st or 2nd overall.

That's not a fair judgment is it? And again, you are forgetting Hamhuis.

If you are going to say last year then you have to include Salo, if you are saying what we have now you have to include Garrison, you can't take the best from both worlds and add it into your post to favor your idea.

Another OBVIOUS strategy (once guys get their legs two or three weeks in);

Core line up;

Danny/Hank/Burr

Raymond/Schroeder/Kassian (Ebbet)

Higgins/Lapdog/Hansen

Volpatti/Malhotra/Weise

But imagine the development opportunities if we double shift Danny and Hank a bit???

Danny/Schroeder/Kassian? some serious speed, size and play making right there! This is how you build a young guns confidence! It's also how you manufacture goals, not to mention rejuvenate your stars!

Burrows/Hank/Hansen Now right there is Hansen's turn to chip in towards 20 goals?

PS; Think Danny & Hank would like playing all situations again versus just gravy minutes???

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Schroeder - Kassian

Raymond - Lapierre - Hansen

Volpatti/Ebbett - Malhotra - Weise

When you look at it, its not that bad of a line up if everyone meets their expectations.

I can post up any comparison I like and you can be some mini mod in training with high heels and lipstick for all I care.

Salo no longer plays for the Canucks-hello. Garrison did not play for the Canucks last year-hello.

Make your own comparisons and stop your whining.

The post was not about taking the best from anything and making some grandstand point that must meet your approval.It was a post that highlighted the lack of goals from the present blueliners.Try to accept that in your mini mod mind.

My big sin was to exclude Hamhuis. Big deal.Add on four goals to the tally and figure it out.It ain't rocket science.

On another cheery note I see Bulis thinks the Schroe is going back to the windy city:

http://vansunsportsb...d-booths-groin/

Archived