The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo starting tomorrow

cmpunk

And people have got to stop crying bout which goalie will stay and which will go. Either player will fetch the team something that will improve the team. I don't understand this constant bickering Bout goaltending. Let gillis do his job.

Honestly, they'll claim "playoff choker" no matter what he does in a regular season game. I can;t imagine that GMs are really having their opinion of Luongo changed right now (save for his professionalism through the situation). And I also don't believe that's the reason we're starting him. In a 48-game season where every win is almost twice as important as usual AV and GMMG are trying to win, plain and simple.

Honestly, they'll claim "playoff choker" no matter what he does in a regular season game. I can;t imagine that GMs are really having their opinion of Luongo changed right now (save for his professionalism through the situation). And I also don't believe that's the reason we're starting him. In a 48-game season where every win is almost twice as important as usual AV and GMMG are trying to win, plain and simple.

I love that they are riding the hot goalie, In a shortened season like this. I think it should be referred to as 1A and 1B as opposed to actually having a back up. I love the 2 goalie tandem, I am so used to Canucks being god awful for an entire month, they are already starting to roll only a couple weeks in!

Schneider may be the "future" but guess what, by the time he reaches elite status all the star playing currently playing in front of him like the Sedins Burrows and Kesler will be on the decline. Those players as well as Luongo easily have another 4 years at least of good hockey left in them. Trade Schneider, improve the team in front of Luongo and try and win the cup in this 4 year window.

Luongo clearly is the one who gives us the best chance to win right now

not surprised. Lu is one of the hottest goalies in the league right now... i see this kind of like last years situation where cory kept the job even after luongo was healthy untill that game against nashville when lu replaced him. the kid will get back in there and if he's real solid he will keep the job. having 2 #1s is all about playing the hot hand

I think Smashian said it best in a post in another thread when he said theres no question Lu is a top goalie and you shouldnt be surprised he's playing this good. The best thing going forward for this team though is to move forward with CS just based on the fact that there is a switch in Lus head if he lets in a bad playoff goal, the flood gates open. It doesnt only get in his head but the entire team and the province of bc's head... Lu's a great goalie and a great guy and will flourish with a change of scenery but i dont think vancouver is the place to do that anymore. The teams last meltdown cost us a cup and we need to move on from that.

Just wait till Luongo starts swimming again. Falling forward with the pressure of being told he's #1 again. He will start till he falters because he is AV's favorite. Word has it Cory might be a little angered. I hope they don't blow it again and stick with the fickle old guy #1 and trade the superior Schneider..

Archived