189 replies to this topic

#121 tigerwilliams for pm

tigerwilliams for pm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

How do we know Cory will play up to our Stanley Cup-winning expectations?
[/quote
I think what I'm trying to get at is that I wish this issue would just be dealt with so we can move on. I am an armchair coach nothing more than that. I like all of you are trying to make sence out of many moves that our team makes with my limited information as well as nothing more then a hockey fans perspective. I think it takes a whole team to be successful & have watched since Don Lever was our captain many a goaltender be chased out of town. No matter what happens there will be those of us that thinks it was a good move & as always those of us that say its bad. Anyone recall Cory cramping up & being carried off the ice. What are we gonna do if that starts happening? Im going to respect Heretic & try to stop talking about this subject. Aren't you guys getting tired of wondering whats going to happen? Please MG Make It Stop!

#122 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

......Asking for trouble and more controversy from who ? Anyone that really matters ! I very much doubt it.

You don't want to be sitting either guy near 2 weeks... Asking for trouble meaning Cory comes in and has a stinker cause he's been sitting for so long..

#123 beer&meat

beer&meat

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

You don't want to be sitting either guy near 2 weeks... Asking for trouble meaning Cory comes in and has a stinker cause he's been sitting for so long..

Cory's entire NHL career has been sitting on the bench for lengthy periods, coming in and playing great. Ginger should not have a problem playing the backup position, and if he wants to be our #1 he's going to have to fight for it.
I don't ride with the band, I roll with the team.

I've been a Canuck fan since 2004-05 when the team was going through a huge transition phase, missed the playoffs

#124 CptCanuck16

CptCanuck16

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Anyone recall Cory cramping up & being carried off the ice. What are we gonna do if that starts happening?

Just wow! We better keep Luongo forever and ever just in case Schneider cramps again!

Not trying to be disrespectful Tiger. I think you had a lot of valid points in your post overall, but the line I quoted above is a ridiculous argument why we should keep Luongo.

I also hope that one of 'em *cough Lu cough* gets traded soon and ends all the bickering and debate on the forums and in the media. All the drama can't be good for the team and until someone gets traded it will go on indefinitely. Each pregame starter decision will spark endless threads like this one and every PGT will be full of I-told-you-so's depending on the outcome.

Make it stop MG!

#125 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

I love Cory too don't get me wrong. Played terrific for us and is extremely personable... no one dislikes him. I love this city and my Canucks. Luongo is our best chance at the cup that's y I want him to stay.

I agree, but I wish they both could stay.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#126 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,911 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Why do people keep saying this? Do you honestly think people don't already know what Luongo brings to the table after a decade as a starting goalie, 6 all-star appearances, a Hart nom, 3 Vezina noms, a Jennings, 2 Pres trophies, an appearance in the Stanley Cup finals, and an Olympic Gold medal?

How could 1 regular season game agains the Oilers in early February noticeably affect his trade value?

Because if he loses one meaningless game he is crap? I mean, don't you follow the knowledgeable fans of CDC? They state this every day about every player! Seriously though, you are right...he has nothing to prove to any GM in the league.

#127 Tru_Knyte

Tru_Knyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,355 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

Starting to regret drafting Schneider in my pool
Posted Image

#128 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

POPULAR

So Luongo choked in the cup final, but our offense didn't? lol k
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#129 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

Starting to regret drafting Schneider in my pool

lol i had him but quickly changed him for this reason. Him and Lu would be splitting a lot of games.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#130 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,092 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

Absolutely the right call. He deserves it. Keep er rolling Lui!
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#131 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

schneider is the future has more years left in him luongo needs to be moved in the off season his time is closing and will soon be past his prime then we have to deal with an aging goalie also 8 games in doesn't change the plans for gillis to trade luongo

My goodness use some punctuation!

2moy3iq.png

#132 BoggyDepot

BoggyDepot

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Play 'til you lose. King of the Hill, goalie style.
------------------------------------------------------------

#133 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Can't wait for all the butthurt when Luongo is traded for a fantastic price, and people still complain.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#134 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,531 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

schneider is the future has more years left in him luongo needs to be moved in the off season his time is closing and will soon be past his prime then we have to deal with an aging goalie also 8 games in doesn't change the plans for gillis to trade luongo

Lord Stanley says hello.

#135 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,013 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

Play 'til you lose. King of the Hill, goalie style.

But didn't Lou play after a loss? It's all about the trade. ;)

#136 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,013 posts

Double post....

Edited by Nino, 03 February 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#137 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,013 posts

Triple post????

Edited by Nino, 03 February 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#138 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Triple post????

Let's say Luongo doesn't get traded but Schneider does, you done being a Canucks fan?
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#139 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Dan Murphy@sportsnetmurph
Roberto Luongo will start versus #oilers. #canucks

Expand

Posted Image

It's clear who's team this is still and who is the number 1 still. MG in WSH, may not be looking for players for Lui, rather Schneider.

Or maybe we are just playing the hotter goalie. Why would you start Schneider when Luongo is on a roll?

Posted Image

#140 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,013 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

Let's say Luongo doesn't get traded but Schneider does, you done being a Canucks fan?

You want me to be? Am I so important to you that your goal is to stop me cheering for the team I have followed for over 30 years? Get a life and move to the city Lou is traded to.

#141 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,192 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

Dude, a period or comma. It's easy.

Who gives a rat's anoose as long as we're winning? Win the Cup with both, who cares?

Edited by Raoul Duke, 03 February 2013 - 10:27 PM.

TomBrady.jpg

#142 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

You want me to be? Am I so important to you that your goal is to stop me cheering for the team I have followed for over 30 years? Get a life and move to the city Lou is traded to.

No I'm asking because you seem so enraged with Luongo, seems like you legit hate his guts and can't wait till he goes, and you really love Schneider.

I like Schneider too, I still know Luongo can be the one traded and I will cheer for him. Seems like if Schneider goes you will throw a hissy fit. It would be funny.

Edited by cmpunk, 03 February 2013 - 10:27 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#143 bear2

bear2

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

where did you hear Gillis is in Seattle, Washington and what the hell is he doing down in Washington?

#144 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

Luongo has choked too many times in the playoffs, regular season performance isn't any indication of whos the starter. Cory Schneider hasn't been kept all these years only to be traded when he's finally arrived as a starter and received a new contract .

Luongo will be traded at some point , count on it. Youth is the future.

are you a fan HE DID NOT CHOKE THE ENTIRE Team did..........always blame the goalie perfect scapegoat

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#145 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

where did you hear Gillis is in Seattle, Washington and what the hell is he doing down in Washington?

joking or serious? can't tell.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#146 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

Let me get this straight, some CDC'ers think that we should keep Lu and trade Schnieder because Lu has played 3 good games this year?

Well what happens when Lu goes cold and has 3 bad games? Those same fans will be calling for his head, but it will be too late, Schnieder will be gone and we'll be stuck with Lu, and he'll choke in the playoffs again and we'll lose a series we could have won with the more consistent Schnieder.

Lu's a superstar and will get a better return than Schneider because Lu has consistently put up good numbers year after year. Schnieds has only played 60 games in his NHL career. No team is going to give up a major player in return for an unproven goal tender but they will give up a major peice in return for a proven elite.

Lu had his chances in Van. Now it is time to pass the torch to Corey and give him a shot.

3 good playoff games were apparently enough to make Schneider the starter, so why not

#147 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

honestly the playoff choke artist tag was put on by the retards here on cdc.. if anything the entire team especially the sedins are playoff choke artist.. might as well get rid of them all too eh?

#148 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,785 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

BREAKING NEWS: MG is in Washington and is currently using the sedins on our first line in order to showcase them for a trade. Only explanation right? Not because they are the sedins and are proven first liners.

ALSO RUMOR REPORT: Rumor has it aquilini is paying big bucks to opposition teams to shoot the puck directly at Luongo in order to showcase him for a trade. This could be the only reason he is playing well because its not like roberto is an elite goalie.

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#149 #RyanKesler17

#RyanKesler17

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

He's going to keep playing until he has a big game

#150 foskco87

foskco87

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

Im behind Luongo 100%.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.