204 replies to this topic

#181 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

I'm going to make this short and simple - those plays that Raymond and Schroeder made against the Blues will NEVER work in the playoffs. Playoff hockey is a whole different breed. There is tighter checking, it's more physical and passes like that do not get through.

Meanwhile, Booth plays playoff hockey. He hogs the puck, yes, but he drives it hard to the net. If someone like Raymond or Schroeder tried that they'd get their bodies broken by defencemen. Booth is one of the few Canuck forwards big and strong enough to do so, and come playoff time that's the only way we're going to score.

We need Booth in the playoffs or this team doesn't go very far.

So glad you made it short and simple DUC.
I always think people who generalise don't do themselves any favours. No space?
You see DUC the good players seek the space and make the passes and that works in any game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRMSBZRcjvg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efg7QUOZmNw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKe4nHtULxE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC0MlzX-zUg

By the way Boston went all the way by using the type of passes you saw last night.

Edited by Bodee, 20 March 2013 - 02:55 PM.

Kevin.jpg

#182 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Booth is one of the few Canuck forwards big and strong enough to do so, and come playoff time that's the only way we're going to score.

We need Booth in the playoffs or this team doesn't go very far.

We didn't have Booth in the playoffs in 2010-11 and we made it to game 7 of the SCF, we had Booth in 2011-12 and got to game 5 in the first round.

hate to break it to you but Raymond both had more points than Booth in the playoffs. I think even Schroeder could manage 1 point in the playoffs

#183 Chicken Souvlaki

Chicken Souvlaki

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

I think it is really sad that Booth got injured.

He was really flying out there, hitting everything he could, and generating scoring opportunities.

All this talk about him being invisible, useless, not worth his contract, injury-proned, whatever is disrespectful.

Anybody's leg would have broken under that stress.

What the heck is a guy supposed to do to please you creeps?

If they cleaned out his locker, he probably needs the season and the playoffs at least to heal.

I hope he plays great for us when he comes back because, from what we have seen, he gives it his all.

100% agree. The amount of hate he has received from "fans" has been utterly disgusting. The guy works harder than anybody out there, is it his fault he got injured? And how can you knock a guy for the amount of money he makes?? You would want the same contract he has. If you want to get all pissy about his contract, then get pissed off at Gillis for acquiring him not Booth.

I hope Booth plays for us for a long time to come. And to the moron who said Booth has created chemistry problems in the locker room on the first page, you need to shut the hell up. Maybe he is a terrible team mate, or maybe everyone loves him. The point is anyone who says he's caused chemistry issues is spewing garbage. Unless you're in the locker room, you haven't the slightest clue what the hell is going on in there.

Edited by Chicken Souvlaki, 20 March 2013 - 03:03 PM.

#184 Melons

Melons

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

By the way Boston went all the way by using the type of passes you saw last night.

And by preventing anyone else from doing the same. If this season is any indication, the playoffs are going to be a long, horrible, boring grind. We are not scoring this year and we haven't been able to prevent it. Gotta hand it to Boston, their smashmouth, hard hitting, crosschecking, face punching style really opened up the ice for them. Our team doesn't have that strength right now. Sorry to say it but IMO those passes won't work often enough for us come playoffs.

#185 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

Aside from the fact that most atheist look at the Christians as retards (you know it is true), these atheists also love to throw God in their faces when adversity arrives.

"Haha you got no luck. I am glad you suffer. Where is your God now?" :emot-parrot:

Just look at how many people poke fun at his religion for no reason. Atheists just love to use passive-aggressiveness against Christians. They think Christians are too dumb to realize passive-aggressiveness, or too nice to say anything back. Good for you people. You won the prize.

2000 years of control and oppression will do that to some folks.

My two cents are that I don't personally go around and poke fun at believers (and I'm referring mostly to the hardcore believers who would NEVER even think of questioning the word of the almight), instead, I do it behind people's back for laughs now and then. My point is that I wouldn't dare think about pushing my lack of faith onto others unless they have made it an issue first towards me, as in pushing their faith on me; I sometimes don't mind a good debate here and there regarding this issue... like I said, it's good for a laugh.

But just like I, as a non-believer, don't go around and push my non-faith onto others, there are some believers who don't push their faith either. But see then we have some other non-believers who DO try and push their non-faith on to others, just like some believers ie. David Booth DO TOO, like he has done frequently, and he's proud of it.

IMO if you go around pushing an agenda, whether you are a believer or not, you are fair game for scrutiny and criticism, so be prepared. There is also a good chance that sometimes the criticism might seem a little harsh, but this world is absurd, nothing new there. And just as you think the person who made the comment re: Booth's injuries were out of the social politeness convention, well, David is in the same Booth as that person.... see what I did there? :P

Edit: Although I feel bad for Booth re: his injury, I really hope that he is not back with the team next year and he is either bought our or traded. It's nothing personal, I just don't like over priced players who can't produce and who continue to get hurt. It's a waste of cap room for a producing forward that we could suit up to win the cup.

Edited by Jester13, 20 March 2013 - 03:24 PM.

#186 Tokasmoka

Tokasmoka

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

Sounds like he'll be walking around with 3 crutches, 2 for his ankle and one for his savior. All part of god's plan right David?

#187 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Sounds like he'll be walking around with 3 crutches, 2 for his ankle and one for his savior. All part of god's plan right David?

Be careful of poking fun at Booth's faith on these boards, some people will get upset... the issue is taboo remember!

#188 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

TEAM Radio@TEAM1040 2m

RT @farhanlaljitsn: I'm hearing the #canucks are hopeful that Kesler will begin skating by the end March. Booth could be out up to 2 months

So May 11th - ish return? Maybe beginning of 2nd round?

Edited by RunningWild, 20 March 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#189 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

Be careful of poking fun at Booth's faith on these boards, some people will get upset... the issue is taboo remember!

Let me be the first one. That's a pretty disgusting comment to make on Booth's faith. What does that have to do with you? It's hockey, .... happens, this is Gods doing somehow?
Posted Image

#190 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,237 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

Not surprising. I had a feeling it would be something like 4-6 weeks.

If everything went well we could probably have him back if we made the second round.

Edited by DeNiro, 20 March 2013 - 05:12 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#191 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:12 AM

And by preventing anyone else from doing the same. If this season is any indication, the playoffs are going to be a long, horrible, boring grind. We are not scoring this year and we haven't been able to prevent it. Gotta hand it to Boston, their smashmouth, hard hitting, crosschecking, face punching style really opened up the ice for them. Our team doesn't have that strength right now. Sorry to say it but IMO those passes won't work often enough for us come playoffs.

That is because Boston used it as a tactic. They sucked us in and filled the goal area with "big bodies" then once we pinched (as we always do) they broke out.

We have the ideal line to play that way in Hansen Schroeder Raymond. They benefit from a breakout type of game. The only reservation I have is would their scoring percentage to breakaways be high enough to justify it...........it would be if Kesler was centring.

We had the most hellish luck in this game and it was only after the 5th Boston goal that it looked one sided. Our D was worn down and by the 3rd looked like they didm;t have a clue but I still to this day love how we kept trying to come back despite some brutal hits and some bad breaks.

Kevin.jpg

#192 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

2000 years of control and oppression will do that to some folks.

My two cents are that I don't personally go around and poke fun at believers (and I'm referring mostly to the hardcore believers who would NEVER even think of questioning the word of the almight), instead, I do it behind people's back for laughs now and then. My point is that I wouldn't dare think about pushing my lack of faith onto others unless they have made it an issue first towards me, as in pushing their faith on me; I sometimes don't mind a good debate here and there regarding this issue... like I said, it's good for a laugh.

But just like I, as a non-believer, don't go around and push my non-faith onto others, there are some believers who don't push their faith either. But see then we have some other non-believers who DO try and push their non-faith on to others, just like some believers ie. David Booth DO TOO, like he has done frequently, and he's proud of it.

IMO if you go around pushing an agenda, whether you are a believer or not, you are fair game for scrutiny and criticism, so be prepared. There is also a good chance that sometimes the criticism might seem a little harsh, but this world is absurd, nothing new there. And just as you think the person who made the comment re: Booth's injuries were out of the social politeness convention, well, David is in the same Booth as that person.... see what I did there? :P

Edit: Although I feel bad for Booth re: his injury, I really hope that he is not back with the team next year and he is either bought our or traded. It's nothing personal, I just don't like over priced players who can't produce and who continue to get hurt. It's a waste of cap room for a producing forward that we could suit up to win the cup.

Hallelujah!
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#193 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

Let me be the first one. That's a pretty disgusting comment to make on Booth's faith. What does that have to do with you? It's hockey, .... happens, this is Gods doing somehow?

What is so disgusting about what I said?

Edited by Jester13, 21 March 2013 - 06:15 AM.

#194 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,866 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

So glad you made it short and simple DUC.
I always think people who generalise don't do themselves any favours. No space?
You see DUC the good players seek the space and make the passes and that works in any game.

I'm sorry but Boston did not win the Cup with pretty passing plays. They won it with a mix of skill and physicality. They won it by physically breaking down every opponent along the way, including Mason Raymond's back.

Raymond and Schroeder are simply easy players to defend in the playoffs. Hard hitting and strong board play by defencemen will always beat speed and skill in the playoffs, and our loss to the Bruins is a perfect example of that. Then their skilled guys simply clean up the mess their big hitters create. That's how L.A won a cup too.

We will not win a Cup with skill alone, and guys like the Sedins and Raymond are not going to win a Cup without powerforwards like Zack Kassian, Kesler and Booth in the same team. We lost in 2011 because our top-6 was puny - Sedins, Burrows, Kesler (injured), Raymond and Samuelsson. Now we have the options of Higgins, Booth and Kassian to play top-6 minutes which is a huge boost in the playoffs.
Posted Image

#195 tas

tas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

it probably isn't fair that booth receives as much vitriol as he does, but it's completely understandable. he's not a very likable character, at least in this market (the deep south is most assuredly a different story), because he's preachy about christ in a very progressove region, he advocates hunting whch offends the hippies, and when he speaks he sounds like he has about a 79 iq. i have no doubt that i was smarter at age 10 than he is now. and that coupled with high expectations based on his salary and lack of performance makes it really easy to rag on the guy.

#196 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:38 AM

it probably isn't fair that booth receives as much vitriol as he does, but it's completely understandable. he's not a very likable character, at least in this market (the deep south is most assuredly a different story), because he's preachy about christ in a very progressove region, he advocates hunting whch offends the hippies, and when he speaks he sounds like he has about a 79 iq. i have no doubt that i was smarter at age 10 than he is now. and that coupled with high expectations based on his salary and lack of performance makes it really easy to rag on the guy.

Sooooo you don't go to church with Booth on Sundays?
Posted Image

When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#197 tas

tas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

Sooooo you don't go to church with Booth on Sundays?

ha. church.

#198 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

I wonder if there is a connection between Booth's selfishness on the ice and his you know what? :P

#199 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

I wonder if there is a connection between Booth's selfishness on the ice and his you know what? :P

I think you're losing sight of the fact that his team seems to like him as displayed by lappys assist on booths empty better.....

It's all fine and good to take shots at a pro hockey player from an anonymous online forum but I'm sure what the locker room thinks is more important than what we think outside of it.
Posted Image

#200 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

I think you're losing sight of the fact that his team seems to like him as displayed by lappys assist on booths empty better.....

It's all fine and good to take shots at a pro hockey player from an anonymous online forum but I'm sure what the locker room thinks is more important than what we think outside of it.

Tongue in cheek :)

#201 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

Have you ever thought that Lappy was trying to teach him something?

"Look, I'm a 4th liner, I make a fraction of what you pull in and I don't have many points this season yet..............but despite all that, I am passing the f----g puck for you to score an empty netter".............."So start passing the f------g puck asshole!".........

Booth gets a cold shiver as Lappy gives him the 1000 yard stare complete with "the grim reaper grin"
Kevin.jpg

#202 Clonedanielsedin

Clonedanielsedin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

this season is a write off who cares, I'll be much more interested in the next full season with a healthy Kesler and Booth.

#203 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

Have you ever thought that Lappy was trying to teach him something?

"Look, I'm a 4th liner, I make a fraction of what you pull in and I don't have many points this season yet..............but despite all that, I am passing the f----g puck for you to score an empty netter".............."So start passing the f------g puck asshole!".........

Booth gets a cold shiver as Lappy gives him the 1000 yard stare complete with "the grim reaper grin"

That's quite the angle.....possible.....but didn't appear that way.
Posted Image

#204 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

News1130 Sports@News1130Sports1h
Booth's agent is well aware of the fact his client is a prime candidate to be bought out this summer.

Other thread got locked.

Feel a little sorry for the guy if he is bought out.

Nothing worked out for him here.

He lost his scoring touch, or rather never got it.
Riddled with injuries
and who can forget Bear-Gate!

Posted Image

#205 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

Gillis says Booth is set for surgery.
http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

Vancouver Canucks forward David Booth was scheduled to have ankle surgery Friday and is expected to miss at least the rest of the regular season, general manager Mike Gillis told a Vancouver radio station.
Booth was injured Saturday in a loss to the Detroit Red Wings and was spotted leaving Rogers Arena on crutches, with his left foot in a large plastic cast. There had been no definitive update on the second-line wing until Gillis spoke on Team 1040, the radio rights holder for Canucks' broadcasts, on Friday.

"David is going to get surgery today and hopefully that will accelerate the process some measure and then he'll have to wait and rehab like anyone else," Gillis told the station, adding "there's a chance" Booth could return in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

DAVID BOOTH

LEFT WING - VAN

GOALS: 1 | ASST: 2 | PTS: 3
SOG: 27 | +/-: -3

Booth missed the first 14 games of the season because of a groin injury during on-ice training camp physical testing, and struggled in his return. He scored his first goal of the season into an empty net against the Nashville Predators the game before he was hurt, and has three points in 11 games.

Booth joins fellow Michigan native Ryan Kesler on the Canucks' injured list.

Kesler missed the start of the season while recovering from shoulder and wrist surgery, and fractured a bone in his foot blocking a shot in his first game back. He played six more games before a CT scan revealed the break, and he is wearing a walking boot and using crutches almost a month later.

Gillis didn't have a definitive timeline for his return of the Canucks' Selke Trophy-winning center, but said he could resume skating in two weeks.

"They are going to do another CT scan," Gillis said. "They are being very cautious so he doesn't have any setbacks. He's been pain free for some time and working really hard. Even though he's on crutches, he's still in the gym. Once they get comfortable that bone is complete healed it won't take him long to get back in the lineup, but until that happens he's going to stay non-weight bearing."

Kesler, who anchors the second line, kills penalties and provides a net-front presence on a power play that has slipped to 30th in the NHL, had a goal and four assists in seven games despite getting hurt blocking a shot in the first one.

The Canucks were also without Chris Higgins and Zack Kassian, each with a back injury, and were forced to use defenseman Keith Ballard as a forward during a 2-1 road win Thursday against the Phoenix Coyotes. Gillis told the Team 1040 he isn't trying to acquire a wing, but is still trying to find another center after shutting down Manny Malhotra for the season because of an eye injury.

"We've been talking to multiple teams about acquiring a center all season long, but as you guys have noticed there are virtually no trades happening," Gillis said, citing the number of teams still in the playoff race as a deterrent to trades and reason for numerous waiver claims. "We're going to try to get some things done, but there's a chance you may not be able to based on what's happening."

Posted Image

XBL: canucks4lyfe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.