The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Am I The Only One Who Think J.Shroeder Looks Diminutive, Unimposing?

Pasific Coluseum

Lots of optimism for Schroeder in this thread, which is nice because you can't really say Canucks fans hate their rookies. In fact i'd say we heap so much hopes and expectations on them that unless things play out perfectly we tend to get....cranky.

I think Jordan's game still needs alot of work (like most rookies). There are some flashes here and there but nothing that I personally am overly excited about. His size is something he will need to deal with and overcome to become an everyday staple in the big leagues but since other players in the NHL are small and produce the idea is that he can as well....

I hope that happens.

I think he is pretty scrappy and battles fairly well along the boards IN SPITE of his size actually. He is very strong on his skates and was throwing the body around a little bit too.

Offense is going to be his bread and butter and the kid has good vision and hands........he creates space for linemates with his speed too which will only help him.

I've liked what I've seen from Schroeder so far, he's obviously not the biggest guy out there, but he battles hard and forechecks and back checks well. He seems very strong and solid for his size IMO, I'm pretty sure during his draft combine he was in the top 3 in bench press weight, or something like that, can anyone back up my foggy thought with a fact?

I'm in no way a J.Shroeder hater but lets be real here. Every time I see him on the ice he looks way too small to be on the ice. Think all the way back to when Steve Kariya tried out for the Vancouver Canucks.

Save for the beautiful pass to Dale Weise last night, it has been rough sailing for Jordan. When he goes into a corner to battle for the puck he always gets mauled like he has no business being on a 4th line grinding shift. He clearly doesn't have the skillset to consistently pop in goals on a nightly basis.

I would seriously consider a long hard look at packaging him up. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong but I don't see Jordan lasting more than 2 more years in this league. I see a Ebbett journey man/ AHL/ Overseas career in Shroeder.

I would absolutely do a Visnovsky/Boyes for Shroeder & 3rd at the deadline!!

Archived