The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

They certainly did; oh they're chatting directly with Kipper... :lol:

But what is left that gets a deal done? Can we get, or use, Gardiner? Bigg's? Frattin is not ennough, and Nonis has dug in his heels on too much futures. Put himself in a hole where can he offer a first? And so of course he is re-stating his convictions on status quo being a pretty good option...

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/story/?id=419596

In the end, it does not look like a deal.

Yeah, I think they over-manoeuvred on this one, particularly the way they broadcast every iota of their 'intentions' - it comes accross as contrived lobbying more than anything else.

This pretty much sends a big who-needs-ya in kind.

They certainly did; oh they're chatting directly with Kipper... :lol:

But what is left that gets a deal done? Can we get, or use, Gardiner? Bigg's? Frattin is not ennough, and Nonis has dug in his heels on too much futures. Put himself in a hole where can he offer a first? And so of course he is re-stating his convictions on status quo being a pretty good option...

http://www.tsn.ca/to...tory/?id=419596

In the end, it does not look like a deal.

Until MG deals with this goalie......thing, this team has no identity and cannot solidify. It's a dark cloud looming over the team. The cap space alone would do this team wonders. The mistake was already made when signed him. No block buster deal is coming our way and no block buster deal will ever undo the original mistake. Now the mistake is waiting to long too make a deal or not excepting a sub-blockbuster deal and moving on with intention

Yes that's why he won over martin freakin brodeur. Guess you didn't watch the semi final game which he saved our ass in.

Guess u didn't watch game seven vs the hawks... guess u didn't watch him out perform Rinne? Guess u didn't watch him out perform the reigning cup champion goalie in niemi? Guess u think we would have lasted more than five games in the scf if it wasn't for him DOMINATING GAME 1 with absolutely GODLIKE POSITIONING

guess u didn't watch game 2 and u definitely didn't watch game 5... one of the most unreal and technically phenomenal performances of his career.

Guess u were hammered or on drugs for game seven and didn't c him make two huge saves when tied at 0 and u must have been in the washroom when he made the early save on krejci. ...

that's par for the course for Luongo though. More ups and downs than a french brothel..........makes one good save, lets in three floaters. I'm not sorry to see his time end in Vancouver, I'll take the stability and mental strength of CS every single time. I'm tired of seeing Lu crumble.

I will say, however, his save on Sharp was a key component of that run.

Archived