The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrew Alberts, you are really...

It is great to see him fitting into his role more comfortably.

I remember when we picked him up for a third round pick but he didn't adjust well to our system.

Love the work he's put in to solidify his work as a stay-at-home defenceman.

Playing much better this season, actually. Way better than he has in previous years. He's sticking up for teammates, playing solidly defensively, and constantly jumping up into the rush without being a defensive liability. Really solid 6th defenseman, never mind 7th. I'm comfortable with him slotting into our top 4 if injuries require it... Just took him some time.

Just gotta love the big hits, big shot, and solid play. Just love it!

Most enjoyable game of the season so far, and in no small part because I could just imagine the Chicago forwards skating along the boards squeezing their sphincters awaiting their middle role in the inevitable Alberts board-vise.

Also, notice who often gets first call to kill penalties. Alberts will be even more important when (not if) we face St Louis, LA, or SJ first round, all of them big wing-to-wing. He better get slotted in for all those games, even if all our Dcore are healthy.

Also, notice who often gets first call to kill penalties. Alberts will be even more important when (not if) we face St Louis, LA, or SJ first round, all of them big wing-to-wing. He better get slotted in for all those games, even if all our Dcore are healthy.

Playing much better this season, actually. Way better than he has in previous years. He's sticking up for teammates, playing solidly defensively, and constantly jumping up into the rush without being a defensive liability. Really solid 6th defenseman, never mind 7th. I'm comfortable with him slotting into our top 4 if injuries require it... Just took him some time.

Just gotta love the big hits, big shot, and solid play. Just love it!

Archived