The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Canucks are going deep and Chicago will get bounced, they have no chance.

GrooveC

So before we beat the Hawks it's "Canucks won't make it past the first round"

We beat them once and it's "Canucks are going to go deep"?

Calm down people. Lets just take it one game at a time. Yes they had a dominating performance against Chicago, but it's one game. Chicago is still the most dominant team in the league this season.

The Canucks problem has never been that they can't play at an elite level. It's been about maintaining that elite level. Lets hope they can continue to play at this high level throughout the playoffs. If they can do that, then they've got a good chance.

The Canucks are only going to go deep if they play like they did last night every night. One piss poor game which they compiled many of this season can and probably will cost them a series.

And for the record, the Hawks didn't have Sharp; it's kinda like the Canucks missing Kesler. I guess that's the equivalent.

Like Tortorella's Rant said before me, Vancouver is a good enough team that if they play as they did yesterday, they can match up well against any team in the league.

Yes, St. Louis and Los Angeles play a big, physical game. So do the Canucks. Everyone here has to stop being so afraid of Backes. Is he big? Sure. Does he whine and look to the refs constantly? Yes.

I hope that the Canucks are in playoff mode now. If last night was any indication, they are.

At their best, the Canucks can beat anyone. They are far more physical and chippy than in previous years. In 2011, we didn't have Kassian, Pinnizotto, Sestito, or Vandermeer. We had Torres who was a penalty/suspension magnet, and Glass who was a non factor, besides waffling on an open net.

We are much more prepared for the rigors of the playoffs than ever before. Moreso than almost all the other teams in the West besides the Hawks. And the Hawks have clearly lost most of the grit they had two years ago.

Looking forward to the playoffs.

If St.Louis is their first round opponent it'll be real tough. They seem to have the Nucks number, they also have size and could really punish them. If Van does win they may be too beat up to go far? This is my main worry right now.

But i think San Jose will be real tough too because they'll want revenge for 2 years ago. Minny might be their best bet because they seem to have a tough time scoring?

Getting out of the first round is difficult no matter what your position.If your not playing playoff hockey right from game one, you're behind the eight ball right off the bat. Plus upper seeded teams who have cruised easily into the playoffs, can get caught of guard by an 8th seeded team who has been playing playoff hockey for a month already in an effort to make the playoffs in the first place.

lol.. 1 good game against chicago that looked unmotivated and lost out there last night and we are going to win the SC... um if i recall the only reason we won the first and got a point in the second game against chicago was Luongo and Schnieder standing on their head.. LA were never consistent at all this year so i wouldn't drag about the wins against them.. and Anaheim.. they blew us out once and we blew them out once and all of a sudden they are no threat and we'll easily take them?

there's absolutely no sign this year that shows they'll all of a sudden turn it on and play with consistency thru out the playoff.. the only position that's been steady majority of the season is our goaltending.. but no goaltending alone won't win you a series.. they can win u maybe a few games..

Archived