The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Flyers to buy-out Bryzgalov + Move Couturier and Schenn for right deal

I've been harping on this one for awhile now, Edler for Couts just makes too much sense. Philly would actually be an ideal trade partner, i've always pictured LU in PHIlly orange. Perfect goalie for them, the more shots he gets the better he is.

Philly's blueline was in tatters last year.

Coburn - separated his shoulder

Meszaros - rotator cuff surgery

Grossman - concussion

Timonen - fractured foot

Gervais - torn

Huskins / M A Bourdon - concussions.

If you look at Philly's prospect pool, I doubt they'll be willing to move their 1st - I don't think there is a shallower prospect pool in the NHL - there's is extremely dismal. They're in a tough place. Briere won't waive. Bryzgalov pretty much publicly sealed a buyout (at least Comcast is behind them).

I think they may have to buyout Pronger as well whether or not his salary is insured - he's a 35+ contract costing them 5 million in cap space for the next 4 years.

I wouldn't be surprised if Holmgren attempted a replay of Carter/Richards dangling Hartnell.

Someone earlier here suggested to trade for Pronger, a la, relieving Philly of that cap space. Pronger is done... He is in same boat as Malhotra. There was a big special on Pronger and how he is still adjusting to life being half blind. That being said, i bet he STILL doesnt waive his NTC to come here

Well hold on there.... Dont discount whats going on in Colorado. Patrick Roy just hire his and Luongo's goaltending coach Allaire.... You dont think that Francios and Patrick arent contemplating making a call to Gillis? What a way to light a fire under Luongo by playing for those 2. And i can actually see them drafting MacKinnon as the next Sakic, rather than drafting Jones to become the next Erik Johnson

Mike Gillis quote a few short months ago:

"We're waiting on another team that has to do something".

So maybe there was something to the speculation a few months back. Maybe the deal expands to include a piece such as Edler, who may not have been part of the deal.

So maybe there was something to the speculation a few months back. Maybe the deal expands to include a piece such as Edler, who may not have been part of the deal.

If the Flyers buy out Bryzgalov and Briere I think this would be a fair deal:

To Vancouver: Brayden & Luke Schenn, Chris Pronger (to buy out), 2013 11th overall pick

To Philly: Roberto Luongo, Alex Edler, 2013 24th overall pick

Luongo, 1st = B. Schenn, 1st

Edler = L. Schenn, Pronger

Trade Booth and Ballard for picks

Sign Iginla

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

Canucks 2013-14 Dream Roster

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Jarome Iginla ($5.000m)

Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Brendan Gaunce ($1.057m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.500m) / Nicklas Jensen ($0.863m)

Tom Sestito ($0.750m) / Jordan Schroeder ($1.200m) / Dale Weise ($0.800m)

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Chris Tanev ($2.500m) / Frank Corrado ($0.599m)

Mark Fistric ($0.950m) /

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Eddie Lack ($0.750m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,799,444; BONUSES: $2,512,500

CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $13,056

i wouldnt be targetting couturier need a centre with more offensive ability. We have Gaunce in the system for that shutdown role in a year or two. Schenn is the player to get.

i would do luongo, corrado/tanev(whoever the canucks brass thinks has a lower ceiling), edler for the schenns.& a 2nd + 4th.

They should move Briere to a team trying to hit the cap floor. This makes alot of sense based on his contract

6.5 cap hit for 2 more years but only 5 million left on the contract. (2 miill first year, 3 mill second year)

Archived