The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole Cassels | C

JE14

^^ Cassels with the Game tying goal to force into overtime, leading to the Comets winning in OT

ON 1040, Ryan Johnson said that Cole Cassels has become a leader in the dressing room, and has been a mainstay in the physical department.  Credits Cassels with a big fight against the Syracuse Crunch that sparked and vaulted the Comets into keeping their 15 game point streak alive, as you see below.

RJ also quickly noted that Cassels' skating has much improved.  Cole is finding his own niche in the AHL.  Good to see

9 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Cassels with the Game tying goal to force into overtime, leading to the Comets winning in OT

ON 1040, Ryan Johnson said that Cole Cassels has become a leader in the dressing room, and has been a mainstay in the physical department.  Credits Cassels with a big fight against the Syracuse Crunch that sparked and vaulted the Comets into keeping their 15 game point streak alive, as you see below.

RJ also quickly noted that Cassels' skating has much improved.  Cole is finding his own niche in the AHL.  Good to see

He looked so gritty and tenacious his first camp, the profile that fits the mold of player Benning has been drafting.  Remember coach Green to him, "Don't worry about that guy..." when he was yapping -- he really seems to love the agitating and trash-talking aspect of the game, and to hear that he's bringing leadership now is great to hear.  Sounds like he may earn a two-way deal this summer, and if nothing else carve out a decent minor-league career, with the opportunity for call-up.

I have a hard time seeing him getting an NHL contract with so many other prospects to sign but you never know. In my mind you give him an AHL deal and do what they did with Archie. If he deserves it you give him an NHL deal but so far due to injuries and inconsistency he doesn't deserve one.

18 hours ago, Horvats_Big_Head said:

We should trade him while his value is at a high peak. Throw him into any trade to sweeten the draft pick coming back. Waste of ice time when we could be playing other, better prospects. 

As much as I'm cheering for Cole and glad he seems to have turned his career around after the injury that derailed him earlier in his career, I'm not really sure how much of a sweetener he would be. He wouldn't really add anymore value to any trade at this point. I'm hoping he's doing enough to earn himself another contract and potentially getting a taste of the bigs in the not so distant future. 

18 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

^^ Cassels with the Game tying goal to force into overtime, leading to the Comets winning in OT

this is exactly what we need at an nhl level, please keep developing Cole!!!

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

Fingers crossed he gets re signed I think he could really become a Samuel pahlsson type player 

Me too.  He’s becoming an ideal fourth line centre.  He plays 5 on 5 with a bite, and saws off offensively.  He can PK, and be good on dzone draws.  He could take the heavy minutes from a guy like Gaudette.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Me too.  He’s becoming an ideal fourth line centre.  He plays 5 on 5 with a bite, and saws off offensively.  He can PK, and be good on dzone draws.  He could take the heavy minutes from a guy like Gaudette.  

totally agree I see him as a sammy pahlsson/alex burrows hybrid who is a bit more willing to drop the gloves, exactly the type of grit we need, Macewen is supposedly similar interms of grit but with less of the pest type element 

7 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Younger than Archie but still a solid defensive forward. Loved him in London. He had ice presence in Penticton. 

i think u meant Oshawa but I agree. Loved his style. Really hoping he can transfer it over to the NHL someday. Still think he can become a middle 6 forward some day if he stays on track with his development.

I actually think Cassels is closer to making the team than a lot of people think. I think he's being groomed for a specific, irritating role on the team and that any points he produces are a bonus.

I can see him making a serious push for 4th line center next season. Needs one more solid off season of training and building core strength.

20 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I actually think Cassels is closer to making the team than a lot of people think. I think he's being groomed for a specific, irritating role on the team and that any points he produces are a bonus.

I can see him making a serious push for 4th line center next season. Needs one more solid off season of training and building core strength.

I hope he finishes the year strong and remains healthy. It will be an interesting camp if he gets a good off season in again. Cassels needs a new contract also?

He will not make the Canucks! I cannot believe people are comparing him to Sami Pahlsson... I'll have whatever you're smoking. 

Cole will fail and this is no diss to him. He is a great hockey player but the NHL is an exclusive club and he is just not good enough. We don't have the room to sign him so he will just have to waste away in the AHL. Or we could trade him. 

I'm not saying trade him for much. Maybe Package him with Vanek and get an extra 7th round draft pick. I pray this to happen. 

Archived