The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Bobby Ryan to Senators

This will be an interesting trade to look back on in a few years. Ryan may have already peaked and may leave at the end of his contract while 1 or 2 of the pieces Anaheim got may turn into very good players. Or maybe Ryan is still getting better and re-signs while none of the pieces Anaheim got never turn into regular top 6 players.

I think the Sens needed a top line winger but I do kinda question if Ryan is a bit too much of a one man show on the ice. He reminds me a lot of Rick Nash.

Not sure who wins this trade because it depends on how high the 1st rounder is, but looks pretty even so far.

Ryan is still young, bigger and far more physical than Alfie. He needed a change of scenery and could really break-out on a team that will rely on him a lot more than Anaheim did. Ryan and Spezza will become a dangerous duo, not to mention Karlsson's effect as well. Karlsson's shots through traffic with Ryan's big body in front of the net and Spezza playmaking will be one of the most dangerous combinations in the NHL.

I don't get it.

You can't trade players you don't have, don't you understand hockey?

No way dude... mayray Ballard and a first can get anything! Maybe we add a conditional 7th and they add Crosby?

• 1 year later...

Anaheim won the trade imo. Ritchie, silfverberg, and the other guy for bobby ryan. Right now I think anahiem won the trade but who knows maybe ritchie busts.

That Gretzky trade was off the chain bruh, I cant wait to see what hes going to do in LA

Not sure who wins this trade because it depends on how high the 1st rounder is, but looks pretty even so far.

Ryan is still young, bigger and far more physical than Alfie. He needed a change of scenery and could really break-out on a team that will rely on him a lot more than Anaheim did. Ryan and Spezza will become a dangerous duo, not to mention Karlsson's effect as well. Karlsson's shots through traffic with Ryan's big body in front of the net and Spezza playmaking will be one of the most dangerous combinations in the NHL.

That's true but you could be talking 70% of the league with similar abilities. I don't think they are going to send shivers down most teams.

Anaheim's depth looks pretty solid right now. Ryan is gone but now they have Kesler on the 2nd line. Silverberg has all sorts of potential.

ANA goes as Getzlaf and Perry go. 2 seasons ago we watched both of them check out on their season. Kesler could take them over the top if he can mesh with those two. It could also blow up in their faces if Kesler's personality is as abrasive as people in Van say it is.

Archived