The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tanev Re-signed

Strombone1

I'm happy that Chris Tanev is back. For a young player...he's got a good head on his shoulders & will never be a head-ache character or conduct-wise.

He's a very satisfactory plug & extremely coachable. He does the text-book things reliably well...& this guy never makes his defensive partners play any worse.

Can you say that about all of those other blue-liners who have been auditioning for a regular spot out there?

Tanev has proven that he's a reliable 5th defenseman. I don't want someone inconsistent and 50% of the time scratched as our 5th. To go far in this league you need depth. Tanev brings that.

Plus, I think Torts could really bring the best out of him. (I know that's been said about a lot of players haha, but it's especially true for Tanev!)

No kidding. Look, I like Chris Tanev. He looks very calm and composed when he's on the ice. But aside from being defensively responsible, he doesn't bring much else, at least not yet. He rarely puts up any points and is not overly physical. Like I said, I like him a lot. But he's a 5/6th defenseman. He's the Clayton Stoner of the Canucks, just not as good offensively.

You seem to be having difficulty sticking to the issue of the thread. Please stay on topic, it should not be that difficult. We all have different opinions on hockey matters, please stick to that instead of trying to de-rail ANOTHER thread. We have seen enough of that from you lately, to say the least.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do but I do not want to see you destroy yet another thread.

Archived