The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The September Camp Thread,list of invitees, cuts etc updated daily

Primal Optimist

I think Jensen gets one more chance in the preseason. If he continues to float, better luck next year. If he shines, and remains shining through camp, MAYBE he gets his 9 games. No way does he make the team full time.

I suppose he'd be first in line for a winger call-up? Although a lot of our centers can play wing, now, and we are deep at center again.

It's impossible to ensure a 4th liner gets 11-13 minutes average.

What you get often with young players is that their ice time will be high in some games, low in others, and they will sit for more than a few. What this does is allows them to slide into a line-up and play different roles on different nights. More importantly, they learn the pro game by being around the environment. Gaunce seems like the type of kid that can learn a lot even when not on the ice.

What do you guys think of this lineup

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Kesler Shinkaruk

Booth Shroeder Gaunce

Higgins Richardson Hansen

Shinkaruk has shown chemistry with kes and burrows, I think with more games that line could really kill it.

And Shroeder in between two big line mates like Guance and Booth would benefit how small Shroeder.

I don't think I need to say anything about our 4th line. Easily the best 4th line in the league

Well those are only 3 of the lines and 5 of the D. I'd imagine the other D man and 3 forwards would be taken from the 1st practice group, as they were divided evenly. So maybe and I'm hoping, that the other line is Higgins-Schroeder- Hansen. We can't keep using our young guys vs. the Oilers full roster and expect a win.

I don't agree, I think they wanna see how Jensen fits in a fourth line role. If he makes the team, I see it being on the third or fourth line.

Think about all our best offensive players right now. None of them started in the top 6, they started in the bottom 6. Even the Sedins. There's no way they start Jensen off in the top 6.

I don't agree, I think they wanna see how Jensen fits in a fourth line role. If he makes the team, I see it being on the third or fourth line.

Think about all our best offensive players right now. None of them started in the top 6, they started in the bottom 6. Even the Sedins. There's no way they start Jensen off in the top 6.

When you thin of guys making our team do you only think of how they will do in th Regular Season only? I'm sick of the reg season accomplishments & no CUP. I will take 8th place in west for the CUP. With that being said, WE NEED MORE BITE and Jensen & Gaunce do not provide any BITE......

Archived