The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Johnson joins Canucks as Player Development Consultant

stonecoldstevebernier

Dan Murphy@sportsnetmurph 8m

Sounds like former #canuck Ryan Johnson is back with the team. This time he'll be helping with the organization's player development.

Vancouver Canucks@VanCanucks 1m

#Canucks name Ryan Johnson as a Player Development Consultant.

Interesting, wonder what he'll be in charge of. Always admired his defensive game and shot blocking effort when he played here.

Dan Murphy@sportsnetmurph 8m

Sounds like former #canuck Ryan Johnson is back with the team. This time he'll be helping with the organization's player development.

Vancouver Canucks@VanCanucks 1m

#Canucks name Ryan Johnson as a Player Development Consultant.

Interesting, wonder what capacity he'll fill.

teaching blocking shots...

Not just shot blocking, face-offs and defensive positioning....

Johnson was one of the better conditioned athletes on the Canucks at the time. He was an absolute workhorse off the ice.

This guy was all character. He was the type of teammate you wanted to go to war with. He was a pro's pro. He should work with all of the young guys.

Who better to teach the art than one of the very best?

Ok boys. This is the proper way to get on and off a gurney. You have to appreciate that you have taken a puck to some vital part of your body and that the healing process could take months. But at the end of the day it will all be worth it when you hoist the CUP. I would give another kidney to have that opportunity but the doc said no more!

I had to admire his committment to blocking shots. I didn't agree with how he did it because he seemed to get injured more than anyone else and it was kind of a waste when he was always on the IR, but anyone who stands in front of a rubber bullet game after game is pretty ballsy in my books.

Nice of the Canucks to bring him back. It's good to know players are well looked after in their retirements.

I had to admire his committment to blocking shots. I didn't agree with how he did it because he seemed to get injured more than anyone else and it was kind of a waste when he was always on the IR, but anyone who stands in front of a rubber bullet game after game is pretty ballsy in my books.

Nice of the Canucks to bring him back. It's good to know players are well looked after in their retirements.

Yeah he was always running around out of postion and blocked shots out of desperation. He got walked around an awful lot as well. Remember the one time he played with a broken thumb? It was about 4-5 times as big as normal. Just ugly! I really don't how he played somedays.

Archived