The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5-5... meh it doesn't matter 6th/7th pick won't make much of a difference we already know who we're picking.

I mean it matters in terms of wheeling and dealing, worth, etc.

but not much more than that

we don't know who is being picked because the draft hasn't happen nobody has picked before us don't know who has dropped see how all that works

6th does give the Canucks a higher chance at 1st overall for the lottery that is all that matters

5-5... meh it doesn't matter 6th/7th pick won't make much of a difference we already know who we're picking.

I mean it matters in terms of wheeling and dealing, worth, etc.

but not much more than that

Calm the hell down man seriously...it is borderline obsessive and kind of creepy.

You have NO idea who we are picking, you only know who you'd pick.

Yuu're that Burke/Feaster type who even if picking ehlers was the worst decision the club ever made would still defend it by saying he's the best player in the draft, worth 10 1st round picks.

We get it, you're an Ehlers fan...calm the hell down already

goodness me... this is the game in Nashville all over again.

Anxiety: activate.

Anxiety has been on all day for me, got exams this week, this game and im in first in my hockey pool and buddy in second is closing the gap on me he has more guys playing then me tonight and im freaking ahah!

we don't know who is being picked because the draft hasn't happen nobody has picked before us don't know who has dropped see how all that works

6th does give the Canucks a higher chance at 1st overall for the lottery that is all that matters

This, and if one of the top 5 slips to 6 we are taking him.. so yes this does matter Snyps

I see what you mean and I drool on their talents as well but Im just concerned about durability whenever Ehlers comes across the blue line or goes into the corners and never makes it out alive after NHL size dmen ram the snot out of him. Especially the ones in our division that we have to meet many many many times

He's 5'11, not 5'6.

Many successful players in the NHL are 5'11. Glaude Grioux is 5'11 172 right now. and look at him. thats what Ehlers is probably at now, and Ehlers will grow and fill out more.

With his skating ability, and his agressiveness, his willingness to get in the dirty areas & his willingness to backcheck I don't worry about it with him.

And Kapanen is 6'0 181 and he's 17 like Virtanen, his birthday isn't till late July. Virtanen is only 1 inch taller than Kapanen, and 2 taller than Ehlers, he's heavier, but Ehlers & Kapanen should fill out more.

If we move up or if Dal Colle and Draistl fall to us we should take them instead. They potentially can play with us next year while Ehlers and Kapanen would take more time.

I agree totally, Draisaitl & MDC are on another level and definitely are the guys we would want hte most but if we can't get them then its down to Ehlers & Kapanen for me.

ya...we have Hunter, we have Dane Fox, the college kids we just got from Notre Dame. Now Zalewski, Ronalds Kenins. Guys like Gaunce, Horvat, Cassels are ALL left handers.

Heaven forbid we get a guy with size, who can score and is a right hander..

Listen....I dont want to see yyoucheering when we select Virtanen ok

"Woohooo...so excited to get this guy..."

"This is a great day..."

"Cant miss pick..."

Guys like Ehlers and Kapanen will be selected in the East and flourish there. In this division they get crushed

Kapanen is right handed & can score. We have Kassian & Kesler in our organization who have size & can score.

We need guys who drive & create the offense, we don't have alot of that. Ehlers & Kapanen can do it, Virtanen is like David Booth (and I like Booth), but any criticism you have of Booth as it pertain to hockey IQ and stuff, exact same problems with Virtanen.

Kapanen & Ehlers have alot of heart & willingness, that I don't see it as a problem, look in the western conference, Joe Pavelski is having the best season of his career right now & he's the same height as Ehlers. We need offense thats the problem with this team, not physicality.

I just think these softness concerns are being played up way too much.

I'm a little worried that Ritchies offensive game won't translate the the NHL.

He could turn out to be one of those 3rd or 4th liners that used to score in junior. See Tom Sestito.

Or he could be Lucic 2.0, I guess you never really know....

His offense really comes from his great wrist shot more than anything, he uses his size to his advantage which won't be as big an advantage in the NHL but he should be able to score with his shot. I see him more like Evander Kane with Kassian type aggression than I do Lucic myself. (not as fast as Kane though)

I would still lean to Kapanen/Ehlers first, he's kind of my third option but even then I'm not too too crazy about him, I feel like guys who are big & can skate and show any semblence of offensive abliity get overrated alot of times coming into the draft. Cause that package of size/skating abliity/offense is so coveted, so I'm always wary of these kind of guys. (not saying that's necessarily the case here)

Archived