The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

LOTTO April 15th

We are drafting 6th currently and here are our odds heading into it:

6.2% chance we will win lotto. --> We Draft 1st Overall

76.8% chance a team 1-5 wins the lotto and our pick remains unchanged. --> We Draft 6th Overall

17% Chance a team 7-14 wins the lotto and our pick moves back one. --> We Draft 7th Overall

Not exactly correct because of the NJ factor if they opt to do a redraw.

Canucks finishing 25th is bad news for those who wanted: Nylander, Ehlers or Kapanen.

If we do indeed get the 6th pick: Virtanen, Draisaitl, Richie or Perlini will be chosen.

There is zero chance of: Dal Colle, Ekblad, Bennett, or Reihart falling to 6th.

Actually securing the 6th pick is bad for those who wanted Virtanen, cause he's not a top 10 guy. Virtanen is a good pick at like 12-17, but not at #6.

I think the guy we will be looking at are Nylander, Ritchie, Perlini & Ehlers, but I really hope they give alot of consideration to Kapanen. (who might get a little)

And FWIW I think all the guys you listed are better choices at 6 than Virtanen. He's just not a guy you take that high.

IT scares me there's no consensus pick in the 6 spot. We have the choice of so many players that are all around the same skill level. We could make a great decision or a terrible one...

WHO DO WE CHOOSE!?

oh wait do we need a GM first?

2 days until we know we can draft Ekblad :)

But seriously, if the top 5 guys (Ekblad, Reinhart, Bennett, MDC, Draisaitl) are taken. We got Fluery, Richie, Perlini, Kapanen, Nylander, Ehlers, Virtanen, McCann to choose from.

I really don't know who to choose they all look pretty even.

IT scares me there's no consensus pick in the 6 spot. We have the choice of so many players that are all around the same skill level. We could make a great decision or a terrible one...

WHO DO WE CHOOSE!?

I wouldn't say great vs. terrible, it's safe vs. risky. Ehlers/Ritchie is a risky pick while Virtanen/McCann are not.

WHO DO WE CHOOSE!?

It depends who slides.

If Dal Colle is there we should take him no question. Then Draisaitl, then Ehlers, then Ritchie. That's my order.

Not exactly correct because of the NJ factor if they opt to do a redraw.

How is that not correct? NJ is picking 30th totally unconnected to the lotto?

Oh your right I included there spots odds, so it will just decrease the odds of us being pushed to seventh by 1.1% or 0.8% depends on PHX nashville games, great catch! So better odds for us overall!

WHO DO WE CHOOSE!?

This. It is 100% accurate, it is a dropoff and from about 6-11 they are all very much even.

Speak the English language to yourself a couple times.

So I guess in ur mind you think buff wins lotto,, lets do another draw for second,, another for third,, on and on?

It is 1 lotto draft pick that is all whoever wins wins first and the rest are adjusted according commmmmmon meow!

I think it's if NJ wins the lottery their pick will be determined for the later rounds, then the team that has 2nd moves up to 1st.

Ya i am not sure how it works with them, but those odds are pretty close to what they will be

This. It is 100% accurate, it is a dropoff and from about 6-11 they are all very much even.

Except you don't know who is going to get picked from 3-6 so you can't say who's available.

There's always a chance someone takes Ehlers or Ritchie at 4 or 5.

2 days until we know we can draft Ekblad :)

But seriously, if the top 5 guys (Ekblad, Reinhart, Bennett, MDC, Draisaitl) are taken. We got Fluery, Richie, Perlini, Kapanen, Nylander, Ehlers, Virtanen, McCann to choose from.

I really don't know who to choose they all look pretty even.

It will be a tough decision if that is the case one that could define Lindens career as our president :frantic:

Archived