The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] "Teams eyeing down Kesler & Edler" - Ownership prevented Kesler trade

Not true. Gillis

No Galchenyuk? No Kesler.

We NEED a top 6 goal scorer back. NEED. Not want.

Kesler going to any borderline contender would turn them to REAL contender for the duration of his contract. We command the best prospect any team has.

Hey 2 weeks ago Kesler was untouchable too, you know....

Not true, Gillis turned to Bob Mckenzie to let everyone know that they would entertain offers on anyone except the Sedins prior to the olympic break. Meaning Kes has been in play for almost a month now.

I just can't see Montreal giving up Galchenyuk...Totally destroys any depth they would build by acquiring Kesler.

If Montreal was interested in Edler as well...you might convince them.

Edler, Kesler to Mon

PK Subban and Eller/Galagher to Van

Rumored that Therrien and Subban don't see eye to eye. Also they are reluctant to offer him a long extension.

They probably said that because they got less for Iginla and in no way do they think Kesler should fetch more then Iginla. However with Kesler's contract being a bargain and still have years left on it, then yes Kesler should get more and the fact that he is 29.

It's funny how on here we are saying that rumored Penguins deal is trash, then reading calgarypuck and they all say the Canucks would be absolutely stupid if they turned down that deal.

The last thing I want is advice from Calgary on trading for a rebuild...

Do you think Kesler would want to go the fishbowl that is Montreal? Dunno that he waives to go play for The Canadiens. However a return involving Galagher would be interesting. Pretty sure Galchenyuk is out of play.

I say not a chance he waives for Montreal. If he did though, those pieces are needed. And if Galchenyuk is off the table, for sure no Kesler. I like Gallagher, but not that much....

Do you think Kesler would want to go the fishbowl that is Montreal? Dunno that he waives to go play for The Canadiens. However a return involving Galagher would be interesting. Pretty sure Galchenyuk is out of play.

I say not a chance he waives for Montreal. If he did though, those pieces are needed. And if Galchenyuk is off the table, for sure no Kesler. I like Gallagher, but not that much....

Not true. Gillis

Not true, Gillis turned to Bob Mckenzie to let everyone know that they would entertain offers on anyone except the Sedins prior to the olympic break. Meaning Kes has been in play for almost a month now.

I just can't see Montreal giving up Galchenyuk...Totally destroys any depth they would build by acquiring Kesler.

Edler, Kesler to Mon

Rumored that Therrien and Subban don't see eye to eye. Also they are reluctant to offer him a long extension.

He was untouchable to us, since we are just fans yapping here...

Galchenyuk has 11 goals in 47 games this year. -6. ATOI 14:40. I don't think Montreal would miss him very much this year or even the next.

We have Shinkurak in our system so Gallagher wouldn't be of much use to us in the future. And as of now Gallagher is currently higher on the depth chart than Galchenyuk anyways.

If they want a Cup, they better keep Subban.

Why not? Montreal is a borderline contender for the next few years, with Kesler they WILL be a contender. If they make it deep into post season he'll be a hero, like he was here a few years ago.

Imagine Kesler shutting down Crosby, and Bergeron, and Stamkos, and Giroux. Montreal will want him too.

Kesler won't agree to go to Florida.

Florida won't give up both of those players for Kesler.

I agree that Florida isn't on Keslers list....but maybe a team like Florida could be part of a three way deal Van-Pitts-Fla...something like that...that way,everybody gets what they need.

He was untouchable to us, since we are just fans yapping here...

Galchenyuk has 11 goals in 47 games this year. -6. ATOI 14:40. I don't think Montreal would miss him very much this year or even the next.

We have Shinkurak in our system so Gallagher wouldn't be of much use to us in the future. And as of now Gallagher is currently higher on the depth chart than Galchenyuk anyways.

If they want a Cup, they better keep Subban.

If Shinkaruk will be half as good as Galchenyuk I'll be happy. Galchenyuk is gonna be an absolute stud for the Habs. You can already see signs that he will be a dominate player in this league.

Not true. Gillis

Edler, Kesler to Mon

That is a terrible deal that would set this team back years. Subban demanding $7+ million sure. But then what? No picks, no prospects no potential for improvement.

Seriously.

Kesler ='s 1st round pick(s), Top blue chip prospect(s) and or Solid player under the age of 25.

Edler ='s 1st round pick(s) Top Blue chip prospect or solid can't miss player under the age of 25.

Packaging them both for less than that is criminal and almost Millbury-esque

It's funny how on here we are saying that rumored Penguins deal is trash, then reading calgarypuck and they all say the Canucks would be absolutely stupid if they turned down that deal.

Flames Cammalleri and 2 1st round picks to --------->Montreal .... for nothing

I'll start by saying I hope Kes doesn't get traded, I also don't think he will... but it does make sense to trade both him and edler. Kes's list of teams will be short. Philly, Pitt, and obviously Detroit. I would have to think Columbus is on there too.

I have absolutely zero interest in the Pitt deal rumored. We need high end skill back if we are trading Kes, not crapty versions of crap we already have. The starting point is James Neal or Olli Maatta, a deal could be done for Pouliot but he's far from a sure thing and significant picks/pieces would need to be included.

Detroit- Gustav Nyqvist and Anthony Mantha or nothing. These 2 are included in some sort of package or no thanks.

Philly- Edler for Voracek (the big scoring winger we've owed the Sedins forever), Kes doesn't go to Philly unless Couturier is involved.

Columbus- Don't think they can give up Jenner or Johansen but Wennberg, Rychel, 2014 1st still gets it done for me.

What I don't get is Pittsburg offering up pieces that every team in the league already has with the exception of Pouliot if he's actually been offered. There's 30 Sutter's, and 30 Despres's, and only 1 Ryan Kesler in the whole league! Who else goes as beast mode as Kesler in the playoffs?

we should be getting untouchable players back, because Kesler is in that class. How often do teams ever have the opportunity to add someone like him? It almost never happens unless your paying Minnesota money to UFA's.

Shero's rumored offers are so far away that it actually scares me.

MG don't mess this up or the entire fan base will turn against you pretty much!

I agree, It's obviously all positioning trying to get away with a better deal and get him a little earlier than the deadline. Shero knows from the past that on deadline day the price will increase as more bidders up the anti.

It's almost pointless though, Shero should know from the Luongo fiasco that MG will wait past the deadline and not take scraps, otherwise Lou would already be gone.

I accidentally posted this in the other thread when I intended to post it here:

I'm starting to think that the Rangers may be a darkhorse in this situation. It would not surprise me if a trade happens to a team we aren't hearing much from. Sather is known for late season shake-ups too.

If they are able to swing a deal for Marty St Louis, possibly for Callahan+, then another move could be very likely.

Stepan, JT Miller, 2015 1st or Brassard, Kreider, 2014 1st

These would be the most likely ranges. Obviously we'd ask for Stepan, Kreider, 2015 1st but I think the Rags balk at that.

I'm starting to think that the Rangers may be a darkhorse in this situation. It would not surprise me if a trade happens to a team we aren't hearing much from. Sather is known for late season shake-ups too.

If they are able to swing a deal for Marty St Louis, possibly for Callahan+, then another move could be very likely.

These would be the most likely ranges. Obviously we'd ask for Stepan, Kreider, 2015 1st but I think the Rags balk at that.

If we get this this package, I would go downtown dancing in the streets nude.

I'll start by saying I hope Kes doesn't get traded, I also don't think he will... but it does make sense to trade both him and edler. Kes's list of teams will be short. Philly, Pitt, and obviously Detroit. I would have to think Columbus is on there too.

I have absolutely zero interest in the Pitt deal rumored. We need high end skill back if we are trading Kes, not crapty versions of crap we already have. The starting point is James Neal or Olli Maatta, a deal could be done for Pouliot but he's far from a sure thing and significant picks/pieces would need to be included.

Detroit- Gustav Nyqvist and Anthony Mantha or nothing. These 2 are included in some sort of package or no thanks.

Philly- Edler for Voracek (the big scoring winger we've owed the Sedins forever), Kes doesn't go to Philly unless Couturier is involved.

Columbus- Don't think they can give up Jenner or Johansen but Wennberg, Rychel, 2014 1st still gets it done for me.

I agree that the Pitts puposal is a step backwards. I have no interest in Sutter. Van needs to upgrade scoring more than anythings. Only Pitts deal that would work for me is:

Malkin and Vokoun for Kesler and Loungo.

Salary is even. Pitts would downgrade in scoring but upgrade in 2 way center skills and goaltending (If I'm a Pens fan, I still dont trust Flurey in goal). This deal makes sense for Pens too, theres no way they would trade for Kesler and not play him as a top 6 center.

Van upgrades in scoring, and Hopefully Horvat can fill the 2 way center void next season. Risky move for Van, as Malkins long term deal looks just as bad as Loungos.

Absolutely agree about Maatta, any deal should include him and their 2015 1st.

With Detroit I would expand that to any two of Jurco, Nyquist, Sheehan, Mantha plus a pick.

From Philly, Couturier is great, but we have two 2-way Centres coming up, and Schenn should be the target.

I agree with the deal from CBJ, but I can't see Kesler waiving his NTC to play with someone he hates (RJ)

Dan Murphy@sportsnetmurph Feb 26

People wondering about a VAN/NYR trade involving Kesler. Just a guess, but I'm pretty sure Kesler isn't waiving his NTC to play for AV again

Archived