The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Zack Attack!

TheRussianRocket.

Don't get all crazy worked up about Kassian yet.

I remember several games where Taylor Pyatt simply dominated and looked like he was playing against peewees.

The difference between a guy like Iginla/Lucic/Bertuzzi and guys like Pyatt is being able to do it consistently. Bertuzzi took years to become the player we remember him being... big guys tend to really take time to find themselves.

Kassian hasn't showed which way he is going to fall yet. I hope for the best, and think the trade for him was good regardless... addition by subtraction, and Hodgson wasn't a fit.

Don't get all crazy worked up about Kassian yet.

I remember several games where Taylor Pyatt simply dominated and looked like he was playing against peewees.

The difference between a guy like Iginla/Lucic/Bertuzzi and guys like Pyatt is being able to do it consistently. Bertuzzi took years to become the player we remember him being... big guys tend to really take time to find themselves.

Kassian hasn't showed which way he is going to fall yet. I hope for the best, and think the trade for him was good regardless... addition by subtraction, and Hodgson wasn't a fit.

The reason players like Pyatt are never consistent is because they do not understand the game like Iginla or Lucic or Bertuzzi. Sheer size and some hands may get you some points, but without the tactical understanding and the ability to translate that into the game, you can't be consistent.

Luckily, Kassian seems to be understanding the game more and more over stretches of games. You hear Torts talking about the little things he does better, like dumping the puck over carrying it when appropriate, and when to change/when not to change. These things are what excites me, and hopefully others on CDC. You can tell when a prospect is special. Kassian was underperforming for a long time (and still sort of is now), but he showed [unrefined] talent. That is always a great sign.

Way to go Zach, you could never of done it without all of the support that Torts has given ya all season long!

Yeah right, Torts should be wearing the Haida hat tonight as he deserves all the credit...

NOT!

Seriously though, I think Matthias and Kassian being close in age make for a good pairing for a (score!) crash and bang line. However, I do wish Zach would attack JT next.

Good game by Zack, but lets be a bit realistic, he's playing against his former team that's ranked 30th in the NHL. He still needs to bring the same effort each and every night.

Jensen played a decent game tonight as well. While didn't factor into the scoring, he was still buzzing around in the offensive zone.

Was at the game

Edler is useless. All 4-5 games I've been to Edler looks horrible. Use to like that guy too.. Booth play good before he even scored that goal , so good on him to finally get one. Kassian was great.

Lack was pretty bad to start but made a couple nice saves. Hard game to judge him but he nedds to be better as we play better teams down the stretch.

I hate ppl who purposely lean and sit up during the games like sit back in your seats. Luckily the ppl in my section were great and no trouble but I heard a few ppl talking on the way out and they were pissed. I'll be back Saturday to watch us get killed by the ducks ;) and ohh 8$ for a beer was funny

Crown is my drink. Expensive crap man. 4$ for a water. I can't help but laugh every time I buy a drink whether it be alcoholic or not. Mikes hard lemonade I saw for 8.75$ I believe... Wow

I was at the game and was watching Kassian's game all night, and he looked like a man on a mission.

Very impressed with his effort. If only we played Buffalo more often to see this type of Kassian. He saw the ice well tonight glad he was able to light it up tonight.

Another great night for the Canucks youth - the healthy ones at least.

Kass fed the boohooers a reality blow tonight - a nice dose of sthu.

Jensen continues to show how explosive he is capable of being.

Eddie Lack - just love this young guy. Yet another own goal and then shuts the door.

I was at the game and was watching Kassian's game all night, and he looked like a man on a mission.

Very impressed with his effort. If only we played Buffalo more often to see this type of Kassian. He saw the ice well tonight glad he was able to light it up tonight.

if Kassian could do what he did against a good team like a st. louis or chicago, I'd be convinced. Until then he's still just a 3rd liner who can step in to a top 6 role in the event of an injury.

How can a guy who was scoring goals (and key goals for that matter) in a team that's currently having a hard time scoring not a fit?

Archived