The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

3 hours ago, Xbox said:

Decided to do fantasy baseball and was auto drafted Daniel Murphy from COL with one of my pics. I don't know anything about him. Is he worth keeping in an 8 team league? Played awful yesterday.

He has been good in the past and obviously Colorado is a hitter friendly Park. His better days are probably behind him though. They got a young guy in Garrett Hampson who hopefully will take away playing time from him though. 

3 hours ago, gmen81 said:

He has been good in the past and obviously Colorado is a hitter friendly Park. His better days are probably behind him though. They got a young guy in Garrett Hampson who hopefully will take away playing time from him though. 

Thanks for the information. I was thinking of dropping him for SP Jordan Zimmermann

7 hours ago, PlanB said:

Someone just tell me right now, as I don't have time to invest in the season,   are the Jays going to be good or not this season ^_^?

They're not a playoff team, but I think .500 is a realistic goal. The overall health of the pitching staff will go a long way towards deciding how well the Jays do this year.

So far they're off to a pretty stellar start in that respect.

15 hours ago, Pears said:

Bichette too. If they both aren’t on the team by May then something isn’t right. 

Hmmm....I'm not so sure of that.

Bo has Galvis, Urena, Gurriel and if he ever gets healthy, Devon Travis ahead of him in the middle infield. Vladdy only has Brandon Drury. I have little doubt we'll see Vlad on the roster as soon as he reaches the service time number, but I wouldn't surprised if Bichette stays at Triple A, until injuries force the Jays to call him up, or when rosters are expanded. (I think there's one more year of the 40 man roster in September. Next season, it goes to something like 30, IIRC)

When Guerrero comes up, they'll most likely have to send down a pitcher, although it's possible they'll demote an outfielder instead.

BTW: If someone is looking for a ROY candidate as a fantasy pickup, Fernando Tatis Jr. has made the roster in San Diego and is rated just slightly lower than Vlad Jr. as a prospect.

He also has a much better hitting lineup surrounding him than Vlad does. Probably more RBI opportunities and he'll see better pitches....

I've been out of the baseball loop for a while now. So I know about Vlad Junior and Bichette, but overall, are the Jays in a clear rebuild with a lot of young exciting players, or are they moreso in a stage of purgatory where they offloaded a bunch of contracts and picked up some middling players to fill some gaps while they try to pickup some more prospects?

In other words, do they have enough prospect depth in the organization to get excited about the players currently on the roster, or are these guys just mostly placeholders for the next generation?

3 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I've been out of the baseball loop for a while now. So I know about Vlad Junior and Bichette, but overall, are the Jays in a clear rebuild with a lot of young exciting players, or are they moreso in a stage of purgatory where they offloaded a bunch of contracts and picked up some middling players to fill some gaps while they try to pickup some more prospects?

In other words, do they have enough prospect depth in the organization to get excited about the players currently on the roster, or are these guys just mostly placeholders for the next generation?

Mostly the latter. There’s a couple good young players like Gurriel and Jansen but for the most part the current roster is comprised of placeholders. 

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

They're not a playoff team, but I think .500 is a realistic goal. The overall health of the pitching staff will go a long way towards deciding how well the Jays do this year.

So far they're off to a pretty stellar start in that respect.

I don't see the Jays as a .500 team in this division. The Rays are pretty good.