The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks difference maker this coming season

Dal Colle

Canucks diff maker this coming season   

175 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In my opinion Miller will be the Canucks difference maker this season. As we all know the goaltending position is one of the most important areas that most teams need and management believes that they will ultimately lead the team to the playoffs for many years to come. I know many of you guys are saying were not going to win the cup. But I don't just want to throw this season to waste. I want this team to perform for pride and to represent that we are the best in Canada. As we know Miller did not have a good season with the Blues that ultimately lead to the teams failure in the playoffs. But I believe that he'll be a Vezina candidate this year. He is our version of Luongo for the next three years. I believe that he will get 40-50 games because that is how much belief I have in the 2010 Vezina candidate. If he was a candidate, why can't he just do it again. He will. Trust me

No matter how good Miller does our back up will be loved more. I think our success depends on two things happening.

1: Sedins need to be 65-70+ point players.

2: Our defence needs to stop giving up 2 on 1's and 3 on 1's. Or any sort of odd man break. And if Ed and Hammer stop scoring on themselves, bonus.

No matter how good Miller does our back up will be loved more. I think our success depends on two things happening.

1: Sedins need to be 65-70+ point players.

2: Our defence needs to stop giving up 2 on 1's and 3 on 1's. Or any sort of odd man break. And if Ed and Hammer stop scoring on themselves, bonus.

The addition of Sbisa will help solidify our defence and solve our defensive wounds

I would say Miller. With the Sedins on the decline and an inexperienced #2 Center in Bonino I don't know what to expect from our offense next season. We might see a lot of low scoring games next season so Miller will have to be solid every night if we want a chance to win.

Honourable mentions to Kassian and Edler. If Kassian can produce at a 2nd line rate, and Edler regains form I think our chances of making the playoffs improve drastically.

I think Radim Vrbata is going to be a nice addition.

It's really tough to judge because last year was such a bad year, I can't see top players have worse or similar seasons to last.

Clean slate...getting excited!

Same here. Players know from last year that they had a disappointing season. Bounce back season for the boyz with Willie D. I believe that were playoff bound.

Radim Vrbata is the player that will get the Sedins going again and turn them into 70+ point players again (just my prediction) since the team mainly relies on them to be the ones to produce offensively which they didn't last year. Ryan Miller is another player that will be a difference maker helping guide Lack to become a potential starting goaltender in the league.

It all depends on the performance of our 3 top Swedish players. IF Henrik, Daniel, and Edler all have strong seasons, we will be playoff bound. Those 3 are our top 2 paid forwards and our top paid defenseman. They have to produce. Those 3, as well as Miller playing as expected of course, (without goaltending, teams usually crumble) we will be in good shape

I voted other.

I think Kassian will be he difference maker this season, assuming he continues to improve. The guy has power forward and playmaking abilities, and if he keeps improving in these areas (as well as his defensive play) it could add a new dynamic to the Canucks offense.

Archived