The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you think Schneider is a top six goalie? Miller 13th best?

IBatch

NHL.com ranks Cory Schneider as the sixth best goalie currently playing in the league. Where would you rank him and do you think Miller should be on this list?

Their top 14 goalie ranking's goes as follows:

1. Lundqvist

2. Rask

3. Price

4. Quick

5, Bobrovsky

6. Schneider

7 Varlamov

8. Bishop

9. Rinne

10. Bernier

11. Luongo

12. Crawford

13. Miller

14. Lehtonen

I think Bernier should be out and Fluery in, but other than that I think that each goalie on this list is better than the one above them (higher number) at this time in their careers.

I don't see how Rask is ranked above Price after last season's head-to-head battle in the playoffs. IMO, Price is #1, and Quick is #2.

Rinne is way too far down. Still in the conversation for top 5 IMO, but after Bobrovsky's season, should be at #6.

That should push everybody down a few notches. Crawford should be at least above Bernier if not Bishop. Guy gets so shafted in every ranking. I'd say Luongo is still ahead of Bernier.

Also NHL.com sleeping on Mike Smith.

1. Price

2. Quick

3. Lundqvist

4. Rask

5. Bobrovsky

6. Rinne

7. Schneider

8. Crawford

9. Varlamov

10. Bishop

11. Luongo

12. Smith

13. Bernier

14. Lehtonen

15. Miller

16. Fleury

17. Howard

18. Niemi

19. Harding

20. Mason

Crawford should be at least above Bernier if not Bishop. Guy gets so shafted in every ranking. I'd say Luongo is still ahead of Bernier.

crawford is a horrible goalie on a great team. he's basically a more successful Cloutier. the hawks didn't win because of him, they won despite him.

Yeah, Schneider belongs in there with Bobrovsky, Varlamov and Bishop for sure, and has had to perform in more difficult circumstances imo, waiting for intermittent starts.

Miller imo is a good as Luongo.

Bernier is rated too highly based on his actual performance - probably just the usual Toronto patronage.

I'm looking at NJ's defense and i'm not too thrilled. Larsson needs to prove he's the man. But their systems are top-notch and they have some more offensively-capably forward this season.

Schneider's injury history has me thinking he's not in top-tier starter status just yet. More like in top-tier 1A-1B status.

I say top 4 is accurate, you could argue the order, but that's pretty much the best of the best.

After that it's a toss up, every one of those could perform as well as the top 4, however pretty much all of them had ups and down performances in the past few years that could also put them out of the top 10 if they would repeat. With a good team Schneider would be a top 5, however hard to keep elite stats with the Devils these days.

crawford is a horrible goalie on a great team. he's basically a more successful Cloutier. the hawks didn't win because of him, they won despite him.

Haters gonna hate.

Lundqvist aint getting better. (See my comments about Miller, Luongo, & Brodeur). I don't see King Henrik staying-up as the #1 ranked goalie in this league for much longer. But, Schneider-man will be on the rise.. and is a solid top-6 goalie.

Miller & Luongo are becoming like Brodeur. When they have it,...they have it. But, clearly they're not the best full-timers any more.

Archived