The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

REPORT: Demand for Canucks tickets is way down (NEWS1130)

DonaldBrashear

I'd consider buying tickets if they weren't so expensive to begin with. As has been documented here many a time before, it can be a $200+ night for 2 people to go see the game (food, drinks, parking...)

I'd like to see them sell more but, for the most part, the majority of the people with disposable income for these tickets are the same types of people who contribute to the reputation of how Rogers Arena isn't too hype of an arena to play in.

Maybe.

I'd consider buying tickets if they weren't so expensive to begin with. As has been documented here many a time before, it can be a $200+ night for 2 people to go see the game (food, drinks, parking...)

I'd like to see them sell more but, for the most part, the majority of the people with disposable income for these tickets are the same types of people who contribute to the reputation of how Rogers Arena isn't too hype of an arena to play in.

Maybe.

Yup. Linden recently said the prices are set by the demand (obviously). Time to lower the prices!

When I lived in Vancouver, I wasn't as rich as I was in other cities, but I scraped together some money to go watch a game here and there. The people sitting around me were so boring. Giving me the stink eye because I was cheering my team on, telling them to work harder and not to make stupid plays. On top of that, I was told I couldn't whistle??? Seriously, Rogers arena is quite boring if the team isn't doing anything interesting. I prefer to watch in the pub.

In before Flames and Oiler fans come in and say they're superior because they fill arenas to watch garbage.

Considering it's snowing there right now, that's pretty much a wrap on the actual reasoning.

We're west coast fans. It's just going to be this way in this market, which is closer to being a US market than a prairie market.

My hope is that the Canucks' rebuild unveils a winning team. It should be every Canucks fans' hope.

I can only hope this means decline in demand leaves the way open for an actual crowd that knows how to cheer and make noise.

I cant help but feel that this is actually pretty good news. Stick it to the Aquas.

Have to to something about the Rog's usher staff as well. Myself and friends were actually told to make less noise at a rock concert there.

Of course demand is down. Team sucked last year and fans want to see how all the "change" is going to add up. Won't be surprised if demand for tickets remains sluggish until some of the young guns make the team. Which will be next year or the year after.

In before Flames and Oiler fans come in and say they're superior because they fill arenas to watch garbage.

Considering it's snowing there right now, that's pretty much a wrap on the actual reasoning.

We're west coast fans. It's just going to be this way in this market, which is closer to being a US market than a prairie market.

My hope is that the Canucks' rebuild unveils a winning team. It should be every Canucks fans' hope.

I don't give a crap if they won or lose I just want them to try hard and entertain me. I'd rather watch an exciting 2-1 loss than a boring 3-2 win

I stopped going to Rogers Arena because just the the guy above said, it's boring to go; no one cheers, no one has a good time, everyone just applauds.

Cheering and applauding are very different concepts, real fans cheer, west coast fans applaud and it's sickening

When I lived in Vancouver, I wasn't as rich as I was in other cities, but I scraped together some money to go watch a game here and there. The people sitting around me were so boring. Giving me the stink eye because I was cheering my team on, telling them to work harder and not to make stupid plays. On top of that, I was told I couldn't whistle??? Seriously, Rogers arena is quite boring if the team isn't doing anything interesting. I prefer to watch in the pub.

cheering your team on is great and should be encouraged but every person that has ever yelled instructions at the players looks and sounds like an absolute moron.

i'd look at you weird too.

I don't give a crap if they won or lose I just want them to try hard and entertain me. I'd rather watch an exciting 2-1 loss than a boring 3-2 win

I stopped going to Rogers Arena because just the the guy above said, it's boring to go; no one cheers, no one has a good time, everyone just applauds.

Cheering and applauding are very different concepts, real fans cheer, west coast fans applaud and it's sickening

With the ticket prices the way they're at, don't expect the texting corporate crowd to change.

Have to to something about the Rog's usher staff as well. Myself and friends were actually told to make less noise at a rock concert there.

I've had similar experiences at both Canucks games and concerts. Security at Rogers are power tripping assholes for the most part.

Wonder if our sellout streak will end.

I know they buy the remaining tickets every time to keep it going, but maybe it's time to stop ding that..

Pretty sure it ended last year even with the team buying up the extra to keep it going. There were just far too many empty seats for them to try and fake it any longer.

Whistling isn't exactly a pleasant sound. At least I don't think it is. Why whistle anyways..?

Archived