The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Peter Budaj to Winnipeg

AriGold

Huh.

I don't know enough about either player but Budaj is certainly a solid and experienced back up and Montreal has a crazy depth right now in Tokarski and wunderkid Fucale.

Van and Mon the two deepest teams at the one position depth is almost meaningless

Jets announce they have traded Eric Tangradi to MON for Peter Budaj and Patrick Holland

Jets acquire Peter Budaj from Montreal. Look out Pavelec.

i dont think they will move him ..he was pretty strong in the pre-season

may to high expections on hutchinson ..he should play one full season in the AHL.

i dont think they will move him ..he was pretty strong in the pre-season

may to high expections on hutchinson ..he should play one full season in the AHL.

I think by that he meant that Budaj can steal that starting job and put Pavelec on the back burner this season.

Guest Dasein

WPG can't be serious in thinking having two backups goaltenders instead of one and an AHLer will improve their team by much..

But there's that MTL move everyone was waiting for.

Is Ryan Johansen the last question mark before the season begins?

Tangradi just cleared waivers yesterday so I'm guessing they will send him to Hamilton. He is on a 1 way contract so this was a total bonus for the Jets. Get rid of 675k that they would have to pay in the AHL and get a solid backup.

I remember when the ducks traded kunitz for Whitney, a big part of that deal was the can't miss power forward (Tangradi). Too funny.

Archived