The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sami Salo may be done. Sadface.

I wish he would just retire, I loved Sami, but my god, how many times can you get hurt before your body starts to say "Hey dude? Plz stop"

His litany of injuries is on par with most veteran Pro-Wrestlers;

I hope his love of the game hasn't had a large impact on his personal life.

I wish he would just retire, I loved Sami, but my god, how many times can you get hurt before your body starts to say "Hey dude? Plz stop"

His litany of injuries is on par with most veteran Pro-Wrestlers;

I hope his love of the game hasn't had a large impact on his personal life.

His body has been telling him to stop for years.

He's had a great career, time to enjoy his retirement before he destroys his body to the point he can't enjoy it.

Wonder if he would be willing to come to Vancouver and be a PP coach or consultant?

Even though folks like to say Sami wasn't durable...the guy literally suffered dozens of injuries in his career and he always came back.

Not just that, but 9 times out of 10 he would return and play like he hadn't missed a beat. It would take most other players 5 or 6 games to get back into the groove of things, but not Salo. He was a beast on the ice and probably the most positionally sound defenseman we had since Lidster.

He had a great career if he does retire, wish him all the best.

Probably could have been a top-5 to 10 for Norris had he been able to be healthy for a full 82-game schedule.

I just hope that he retires before really injuring himself (all things considered). Mattias Ohlund stayed a bit longer than he should have and now have major issues with his knees.

One of my favourite Canucks of all time.

I remember that game vs Calgary way back when... Tuzzi was screening Kipper and Sami fired up a bomb as usual and he beat the goalie but goal was disallowed because tuzzi interfered. Next shift... Nux won the faceoff, back to sami and tuzzi again sets up the screen. Sami fires it past for some of the sweetest justice delivered in the history of man kind.

Not sure if tuzzi got a 2 minute minor for unsportsmanlike after the second goal when he yapped the refs.

One of my favourite Canucks of all time.

I remember that game vs Calgary way back when... Tuzzi was screening Kipper and Sami fired up a bomb as usual and he beat the goalie but goal was disallowed because tuzzi interfered. Next shift... Nux won the faceoff, back to sami and tuzzi again sets up the screen. Sami fires it past for some of the sweetest justice delivered in the history of man kind.

Not sure if tuzzi got a 2 minute minor for unsportsmanlike after the second goal when he yapped the refs.

I know everyone loves him, but I still think he is still underrated by a lot of fans and media. People always associated "hard shot" with him, but I think his hard shot was only a bonus to his terrific all round play and game sense. Even if he didn't have a rocket shot, he'd still be a great player on the PP with his great passing and good decision making.

Unfortunately, fans and management now seem to be obsessed with getting Defensemen who have rocket slapshots and automatically assume they will make a PP work wonders.

Was a stud to the very last minute.

Might even have another season or two of steel ballsin to offer.

May the universe serve Sami whatever it is he wants please.

If I could buy him a pint, I'd fill it with elixir of immortality, but he'd need it far less than the rest of us.

Archived