The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shawn Mathias

canucks.ftw

Shawn has probably been one of our most consistent forwards throughout this season and is on pace to score 20 or more goals. I think it would be interesting to put him up on the second line with Vrbata and give him some more offensive opportunities. However, do you think that his success has only come because he is on the third line?

He's had success wherever he's been placed. He's an excellent player that any team in league would be happy to have and we're fortunate enough to have him.

He was given a few shots on the 2nd line and did well. However, 3rd line suits him best. Not saying he's not capable of 2nd line, but he has immense chemistry with our bottom 6 players and it seems to get the most out of him there. He can easily move up but I think it's best to save that if injuries occur.

I don't think he's a second line quality player. He's hard working and opportunistic, good on him for taking advantage of that this year. Same reason Hansen and Higgins are elite third liners but poor second liners.

He's a hard worker than Higgins or Hansen, and also a better finisher. He's probably the best option right now without Bonino.

He may not be a 2nd liner on a contender, but we aren't exactly a Cup favourite.

Cuz his agent is asking too much. Thats why his name is in trade rumors. Although risky, best time to sign him is in June when everyone settles down and they can reflect on the past 1.5 years n settle on 2.1 mil, instead of signing now for 2.7 cuz of what he's done past 1.5 weeks

With a guy like Mathias on the ice, it really makes Higgins look unnecessary

Lets be honest, Higgins is unnecessary. He's one of the few guys on the team that I haven't really seen bounce back this year from last years gong show. (Bieksa too) Higgins kind of flys under the radar though.

Archived