The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trading our first round pick

Nucksfollower1983

Pittsburgh is rumored to be trying to acquire a first round pick in this years draft. If we can use our pick to get Pouliot or Maatta should we or would you guys rather see us keep the pick in what is supposed to be a deep draft?

We should trade our first and maybe Gaunce or Cassels for Craig Anderson...

Pittsburgh is rumored to be trying to acquire a first round pick in this years draft. If we can use our pick to get Pouliot or Maatta should we or would you guys rather see us keep the pick in what is supposed to be a deep draft?

If the Pens decided to trade Pouliot or Maatta one would think they'd want at least a top 15 pick as part of the package. They have three players making close to $30M next season (Crosby, Malkin, Letang) not to mention a core of $4M veterans on the decline, so trading two stud defenders on cheap contracts doesn't make sense unless the pick is used on a player they've been scouting and are really interested in.

The only player I can think of that they could give up for a first is Perron. He's the reason the Pens don't have a first this year, so maybe he can get it back for them. Personally I would keep Perron as a part of their new core moving forward, but if the Pens really want a first I'm sure they'll move whatever pieces necessary.

If the Pens decided to trade Pouliot or Maatta one would think they'd want at least a top 15 pick as part of the package. They have three players making close to $30M next season (Crosby, Malkin, Letang) not to mention a core of $4M veterans on the decline, so trading two stud defenders on cheap contracts doesn't make sense unless the pick is used on a player they've been scouting and are really interested in.

The only player I can think of that they could give up for a first is Perron. He's the reason the Pens don't have a first this year, so maybe he can get it back for them. Personally I would keep Perron as a part of their new core moving forward, but if the Pens really want a first I'm sure they'll move whatever pieces necessary.

I see your point but what if the situation were reversed what do you think the player they would want in return would be? I'll give you a hint his initials are B.H. would Vancouver trade him for just a first, no but if we wanted one badly enough, we just might consider a package of a first +

Realisticlly, Our first would be worth a grade B prospect, and a 2/3rd round pick from pit. Yall saying Maatta our Pouliot? this isnt nhl 15 BABY . so wake up boys

A b grade prospect? I know its not NHL 15 but a first round pick in a deep draft should be an A prospect. didn't we just take McCann at 24 in what was supposed to be a weak draft yet everyone on here loves him. what could we get at 23 this year?

Archived