The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Lucic to Van for a dman- with IMPORTANT update

As per former espn nhl guy and powerful espn personality John Buccigross.

John Buccigross retweeted Coach Bartley

I think the Bruins will trade him to @VanCanucks for a Dman

John Buccigross added,

Coach Bartley @CoachBartley
@Buccigross odds on the Bs moving Lucic? See any likely destinations?
Update Friday morning 9:23 AM:
Lucic has confirmed Vancouver is 1 team he would wiave NTC to and ther was this tweet by andy strickland
Arpan retweeted

If Milan doesn't end up with #Canucks now it'll likely happen next summer...feeling is mutual between he and Vancouver

They'd not only have to take Bieksa, but probably also Higgins from a cap perspective for it to make sense to us. We're tight to the cap as is to get enough players signed to fill out the roster so we aren't about to take on $2-3M+ extra in cap hit by bringing in Lucic. It'd have to be pretty much even cap for us; it can't be only trading out affordable players, picks and prospects.

It's not going to happen in other words.

After all of Bennings quotes on wanting character players, does Lucic really fit that image? Would adding Lucic be healthy to the team locker room?

and what Def player would we give up? I don't see Hammer or Juice waiving to go to Boston

Didn't Lucic say he never wanted to come here again? Not really important as there's no way we can give up enough to get him and he isn't worth what he'll cost.

Can we stop this Lucic never wants to come here. That kid will gladly go here to Vancouver to play for his Hometeam. And the fact that we still have Sedins will grind some sense into him and I think he will turn around his game if he does come here. That said, I don't think he's coming here as other teams can offer more for him. But I would LOVE to have a REAL Power Forward like Lucic here. Also there is that Miller thing lol.

After all of Bennings quotes on wanting character players, does Lucic really fit that image? Would adding Lucic be healthy to the team locker room?

and what Def player would we give up? I don't see Hammer or Juice waiving to go to Boston

Lucic was a great leader in Vancouver as an alternate with the giants. Was going to be named captain but ended up making the bruins.

Not too sure about in Boston but he took guys like Spooner and Pastrnak under his wing this year and they seemed to do well.

Virtanen has said that he grew up watching Lucic with the Giants so im guessing Lucic would do the same with him...

Not to mention Kassian and Lucic both seem to play good hockey with other powerforwards on their line.

Archived