The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Lucic to Van for a dman- with IMPORTANT update

Lucic to anywhere would not be a hockey trade. It would be cap relief. I think they could do better than that though. They can figure out how to evaporate a another cap hit like Savard, or dump Eriksson or Krug.

Chia got out at just the right time. Right when their nightmare contracts and player decline started becoming a real problem.

I imagine Edmonton and Boston working out more trades than Vancouver and Boston. Lucic and Hamilton to Edmonton for meh?

Edler for Lucic? You crazy?

Lucic is a pending UFA, and so is Dan Hamhuis.

Hamhuis for Lucic straight up is the definition of a "hockey trade".

If Boston retained a couple of million in salary maybe.

A top pairing defenceman on a great contract is a lot more valuable than a rapidly declining 2nd line winger on a dramatically overinflated one.

My sources say bieksa

I'd be fine with a Lucic for Bieska swap but if it goes to Edler we need their 14th overall pick along with it. Edler is a good player only way we part with him is if we get a good return. Edler is more valuable to us then Lucic at this time given the state of our defense. I would be interested in their 14th overall pick :D might be able to grab Barzal or another young stud at 14. Essentially if we can keep our 23rd overall.

Team picks:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_NHL_Entry_Draft

Incase you wanted to see where teams stack up.

I could see Lucic to EDM for 2nd. They need to add size to the smaller skilled forward lineup. Would be great fit. I think their first priority is Defense but you never know. Chia could trade one of the young guns for a 1st pairing Dman.

This team needs another scrub/meat and potatoes guy like they need another 1st round exit.

This team needs skill, something Benning knows nothing about.

All I read with this post is "Nylander/Ehlers, Nylander. Ehlers Nylander Ehlers Nylander, Nylander.

This team needs Nylander/Ehlers. Benning why didnt you draft Nylander or Ehlers?!"

Bieksa + Higgins = done deal. :D just don't trade any youngsters especially Cassels and our young stars. Lucic is getting older by the time our youngsters hit our prime lucic will be like 33 which is crazy old for an effective power forward. Lucic be a stop gap to give us a fighting chance. could wait for free agency too work just as well. I'd keep Edler though unless the deals crazy good. Maybe Edler + a prospect or Higgins for Hamilition? Very unlikely lol

Why are people involving Bieksa in a trade to Boston?

Boston needs to shed cap and get younger.

It'll probably take Kassian, a prospect, and a pick.

I'd rather keep Kassian then give him up + prospect + pick. Kassian is less accomplished yes but hes like 4 years younger and would be more in alignment with our re-build. I donno what do u guys think? Think some ppl might be upset with trading youth for an older player.

I could see Lucic to EDM for 2nd. They need to add size to the smaller skilled forward lineup. Would be great fit. I think their first priority is Defense but you never know. Chia could trade one of the young guns for a 1st pairing Dman.

EDM would probably even do #16 or a pair of 2nd round picks

Why are people involving Bieksa in a trade to Boston?

Boston needs to shed cap and get younger.

It'll probably take Kassian, a prospect, and a pick.

Lucic cap = $6m, Bieksa cap =$4.6m. Boston basically sheds $1.4m and they're in need of defenders.

If Benning trades for Lucic then I will lose faith in Benning.

He's an overpaid 3rd liner. His physical game is going to decline every year.

Kassian>Lucic in terms of skating and skill.

No he's not, he's a legit 2nd liner. Compared on our team he would've been 4th in points last year in what is considered a down year.

He's a solid powerforward, something we're hoping Kassian can be

They'd not only have to take Bieksa, but probably also Higgins from a cap perspective for it to make sense to us. We're tight to the cap as is to get enough players signed to fill out the roster so we aren't about to take on $2-3M+ extra in cap hit by bringing in Lucic. It'd have to be pretty much even cap for us; it can't be only trading out affordable players, picks and prospects.

It's not going to happen in other words.

They are tighter in cap then we are

If Benning trades for Lucic then I will lose faith in Benning.

He's an overpaid 3rd liner. His physical game is going to decline every year.

Kassian>Lucic in terms of skating and skill.

Lucic is only 27 and entering his prime.

Last season he played without a powerforward Iginla or Horton on his line, something he's used to. Also, they were missing Krecji, his centreman for almost half the season.

At the end of the season he was put with Spooner and Pastrnak and he's playing well again.

Despite the horrible start he ended up with 44 points while still being a physical(more hits than last season so his physical play doesn't seem to be declining) force. I agree, he's overpaid, but how is he a third liner?

Archived