The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

The fact that Harkins, Kylington and Roy are still on the board shows that the Canucks are not the only ones who think they're second round talent.

Benning will try to get an early 2nd tommorrow and snag one of these three I'm sure.

"try"

I'm sick of this try shut. Every other team just does and seem to have more success. "Try" leaves room for failure. Lack and bieksas value aren't going to get any higher. Just pull the trigger ffs.

• Upvote 1

Do you really think scouting is simply taking the best ranked player left? There's other things involved that armachair GMS can't understand unless you actually watch the guy play, learn about him, and talk to him.

This was a guy that the Canucks thought was the best fit for them. He's a character guy, pure goal scorer who wore the C for team USA at the Ivan Hlinka, and led the tournament in scoring. Just beause fans don't know much about him doesn't mean they have to trash him.

If alot of people on here had there way, we would have drafted Kylington, who for all we know will be available tomorrow mid second round where we could potentially pick if we trade BIeksa/Lack.

D-men still available tomorrow: Kylington, Roy, Dunn, Andersson, Pilon. Carlo, Meloche

If we get San Jose's 39th plus another 2nd, we can easily land one of these guys, if not two.

This is what I was thinking heading in as well. These Defenceman after the top 3 guys are all in a similar boat in that they are not going to be considered gamebreakers like provorov. We can snag them in the 2nd, and got a potential goal scoring forward with high risk high reward in the first. Thats what the draft is all about.

Love the pickk.

This kid has a fabulous release and has a great offensive IQ as hes adept at finding the soft spots in the slot. I like the idea of having a team full of 200ft players capable of producing.

With McCann, Virtanen, and Boeser, we're assembling a nice group of sniping ability. Throw Baertschi and Shinkaruk in for dirty dangles, and Horvat, Cassels, Gaunce in for consistent grinding 200ft games. The future aint so bad up front.

Friggin Oilers added McDavid and Reinhart today... :( We're going to need some awfuly large surprises out of our prospects group.

• Upvote 1

"try"

I'm sick of this try shut. Every other team just does and seem to have more success. "Try" leaves room for failure. Lack and bieksas value aren't going to get any higher. Just pull the trigger ffs.

Last I checked New York hasn't traded Talbot. Until that happens, Lack will not likely be going anywhere.

And Bieksa still has a team in the East interested in him.

Still lots of time tomorrow morning to get a couple 2nds. I see Dallas, San Jose, Carolina as possibilities for Lack (35, 39, and 49) and San Jose and Boston as possibilites for Bieksa (37 and 39)

Edited by DeNiro

Boeser wasn't the "best" player available, in my opinion, but he is still a great pick. My gut reaction was admittedly a little disappointment since I had hoped we'd go for Kylington or a CHL kid but at 23 he is a solid selection.

Pure goal scorer. Led his team in scoring as a USHL rookie and had 20 more goals than the next highest goal scorer on the team. Checking the team stats, there are 2 other players (Novak, draft-eligible, and Sheehy) at around a PPG but there's a relatively big drop-off in production after that. Those two teammates also missed 14 and 17 games respectively.

He's committed to the Univ. of North Dakota next season and I have high hopes for him there. IIRC, Jordan Schmaltz (defenceman, 2012 first rounder to the Blues) will be there too. UoND wasn't a great team offensively this past year so he should get a lot of opportunity to become "the guy" for them.

Considering it could have been a LOT worse (Carlo, Bittner), I'd say that we did well with the 23rd pick. Not great, could have been better, but you'll get no real complaints about this pick from me.

Last I checked New York hasn't traded Talbot. Until that happends, Lack will not likely be going anywhere.

And Bieksa still has a team in the East interested in him.

Still lots of time tomorrow morning to get a couple 2nds. I see Dallas, San Jose, Carolina as possibilities for Lack (35, 39, and 49) and San Jose and Boston as possibilites for Bieksa (37 and 39)

just frustrating man. Every year we're told change is coming. The last thing I want to see is us losing a these guys for nothing in the end.
  • Upvote 2

All these idiots went on about Nylander not gud enuf for prfoesionel hokey1!!

32 pts, 37 games. 3 pts, 5 games playoffs.

virtanen 1 pt, 10 games.

We should have drafted Nylander instead of Boeser!!!

Hockey people were shaking their heads at the Leafs today too. If that's any comfort for Canucks fans.

Not going to pretend like I know a lot about him, but a pure scoring power forward who captained USA? I for one am excited to have him.

Wish the doubters had a bit of patience to see what he turns into.

Plus... How can you dislike a guy with that flow..