The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

My concern with this holdout is that if it drags past training camp then when we do get him here he won’t be his best.

His rookie year started great but he got hurt before it ended, his second year he wasn’t in game shape due to the lingering injury and couldn’t be his best, and now he might start another season without getting up to game speed.  I’ve been waiting to see Boeser at his best but this situation may prevent that.

6 hours ago, IRR said:

While in the end he may have no influence, I hope he does! It’s nice to see a teammate / friend put pressure on him to be here. Obviously because he wants him here, but also because he knows the team needs him and he needs the team. In the end it’s about the team and doing well, clearly that’s a big part of what Petey wants. And the best for his Friend as well. 

Well, he obviously won't be driving to Minnesota since he is needed here with the team, but hopefully he can get on the phone and do some campaigning.  It's pretty obvious that photo of Brock in the ND rink was sent out by his people.  I am not feeling a whole lot of sympathy for poor lonely Brock right now (and I am a huge fan), but this is getting frustrating to say the least.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

...lawyer speak for "hey you gotta be greedy as hell when your 21!"

Kinda of kidding. If Boeser doesn't accept a reasonable contract, even though I like him, I could not care less if he sits the full year. Rather have a player that wants to play. Don't need no 21 year old boys asking for tens of millions when they have a whole year and a half of experience. Talk about entitlement.

If he signs a reasonable deal then welcome back. But better do it by camp start imo.

Edit: maybe brock should sit in a dark room tonight and think about how hard his mom worked for decades at multiple jobs to allow him to play hockey. Then maybe take a reasonable 40 million dollar contract instead of holding out for a 55 million dollar contract.

Pathetic.....:picard:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

...lawyer speak for "hey you gotta be greedy as hell when your 21!"

Kinda of kidding. If Boeser doesn't accept a reasonable contract, even though I like him, I could not care less if he sits the full year. Rather have a player that wants to play. Don't need no 21 year old boys asking for tens of millions when they have a whole year and a half of experience. Talk about entitlement.

If he signs a reasonable deal then welcome back. But better do it by camp start imo.

Edit: maybe brock should sit in a dark room tonight and think about how hard his mom worked for decades at multiple jobs to allow him to play hockey. Then maybe take a reasonable 40 million dollar contract instead of holding out for a 55 million dollar contract.

Pathetic.....:picard:

Maybe Brock should think about how his dad has major health problems and lives in a country with for profit medicine.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

@48MPHSlapShot what’s confusing about that?

Maybe Brock shouldn't think about this, that or anything else. Maybe Brock has a better idea of what's best for himself than randos on a forum.

These cheap shots being thrown at the player are getting tiresome, especially when the reality of situation is staring anyone that isn't a blind homer dead in the eye. The team is nearly capped out, largely due to bad contracts. If we had more room this thing would be done by now, and long term as well.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot

6 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Maybe Brock should think about how his dad has major health problems and lives in a country with for profit medicine.

Good point.

brock should be signing a reasonable agreement now. He can take care of his family forever without coming across as a greedy young man.

The implication that Boeser isn't taking his own father's health into consideration is disgusting and despicable. I guarantee he cares more about his father than anybody here. 

And the subtext behind these disgusting comments is obvious to anyone looking at them with an objective eye. You're using his father's health as a tool to justify why you think he should sign for less to benefit the team. 

Never thought this place would sink so low. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Boeser do something to hurt you personally?

You honestly sound like the most butt hurt fan right now. Kinda sad.

Its just a game.

I think the guy’s on something. He’s becoming somewhat famous for his sick tirades. If I was a moderator he’d be gone.......Hint....Hint......Hint.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

The implication that Boeser isn't taking his own father's health into consideration is disgusting and despicable. I guarantee he cares more about his father than anybody here. 

And the subtext behind these disgusting comments is obvious to anyone looking at them with an objective eye. You're using his father's health as a tool to justify why you think he should sign for less to benefit the team. 

Never thought this place would sink so low. 

I’m saying the opposite for the record.

59 minutes ago, Mad Jon said:

I think the guy’s on something. He’s becoming somewhat famous for his sick tirades. If I was a moderator he’d be gone.......Hint....Hint......Hint.

Really? You and your 100 posts know stuff? Please haha.  

You sound silly. Do not embarrass yourself. :frantic:

Edit: maybe you will get a mod job with your extensive experience...what were your previous names on here?

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Wat 2

People need to let the business side of things be worried about by management. Brock is trying to get the best deal he can and likewise the team is as well. This has been going on as long as i remember...just smaller salaries and smaller profits for the team. Does anyone remember holdouts? When a player had a contract in place but was a holdout because he thought he should get more? lol those were good times!!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3