The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

1 hour ago, nux_win said:

He's already lost a lot of my respect.  If he were a "good guy" and a team player he'd be at camp.  It's that simple.  Oh sure you can blame his agent or bring up all the other RFAs but that is all irrelevant in my opinion.  Brock makes the decisions and he's making a bad one in my honest opinion.  I have empathy for his family situation (I wish his father well) but that doesn't mean that he should be extra-aggressive with his negotiating.  Brock, not his agent, can end this whenever he wants.  As much as I want him on our team, no player is more important than the team and it's low class to hold the team hostage.  If he holds out any longer I say sit him out a few games even after he signs.  We've got lots of capable wingers this year.  Go Canucks Go!

To be fair its very easy to sit on the sidelines and say he should do this and he should that...

I want him to sign as well, but if the agent has told him the marked now is 7 mill for a 4-5 year deal and 8-9 for a longer deal, he will listen to his agent.

The persons who should be hung is the ridiculous Laughs GM, who gave Nylander that contract... add to that the contract give to Meier, and I think the precedence have now been set for everyone else.... 

All prospect is lining your pockets...we've just been lucky in Vancouver that the Sedins always signed team friendly contracts... 

In saying all the above, I hope to hell that BB shows some willingness to sign the dotted line...  sooner rather than later... 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

To be fair its very easy to sit on the sidelines and say he should do this and he should that...

I want him to sign as well, but if the agent has told him the marked now is 7 mill for a 4-5 year deal and 8-9 for a longer deal, he will listen to his agent.

The persons who should be hung is the ridiculous Laughs GM, who gave Nylander that contract... add to that the contract give to Meier, and I think the precedence have now been set for everyone else.... 

All prospect is lining your pockets...we've just been lucky in Vancouver that the Sedins always signed team friendly contracts... 

In saying all the above, I hope to hell that BB shows some willingness to sign the dotted line...  sooner rather than later... 

Well yeah it's speculation, not many of us fans have direct conversations with the people who actually do the negotiating, so speculation is what we do.  My point is that regardless of what else is happening, the bottom line is that Brock gets to make the decision.  He gets to make the money and he gets to make the decisions and he has to live with the consequences of being greedy.  He also has to play hockey in order to earn that money.  I agree with coach Green, training camp is not unimportant and it is impossible to replace that important bonding time, not to mention the actual practicing and learning systems and getting to know your fellow players.  Thinking that you are above all of that shows a lack of good judgement and is a dangerous precedent.  Like I said, I don't care what happens on other teams, I care about OUR team.  Go Canucks Go!

• Like 1

Just now, nux_win said:

Well yeah it's speculation, not many of us fans have direct conversations with the people who actually do the negotiating, so speculation is what we do.  My point is that regardless of what else is happening, the bottom line is that Brock gets to make the decision.  He gets to make the money and he gets to make the decisions and he has to live with the consequences of being greedy.  He also has to play hockey in order to earn that money.  I agree with coach Green, training camp is not unimportant and it is impossible to replace that important bonding time, not to mention the actual practicing and learning systems and getting to know your fellow players.  Thinking that you are above all of that shows a lack of good judgement and is a dangerous precedent.  Like I said, I don't care what happens on other teams, I care about OUR team.  Go Canucks Go!

Well I guess that makes two of us... but what happens on other teams set the standard. 

And yes nobody knows what has been offered at all...Lets just hope they get it resolves asap so we can get ready for what could very well be a fantastic ride over the next 2-4 years...at least.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Quit turning on the kid. You guy's are like vultures circling, waiting and deciding which player to hate next.

He got a year burned off his ELC so he could help his family.

He wasn't negotiating all summer because of his dad.

He will be signed, and he will play.

image.png.94f30414419f11beccb91592442f8528.png

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Quit turning on the kid. You guy's are like vultures circling, waiting and deciding which player to hate next.

He got a year burned off his ELC so he could help his family.

He wasn't negotiating all summer because of his dad.

He will be signed, and he will play.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that while I did say that I've lost some respect for Brock, and that is true, I had a lot of respect for him to begin with.  I generally don't dogpile on players when they are down and I'm not typically critical of our team.  The vast majority of my posts are positive and optimistic.  However I do think that Brock is making a mistake here and at the expense of the team.  He isn't being a good teammate.  I have great sympathy for his family situation and if he wants to take some time off for that, that would be fine by me.  But that's not the situation.   He isn't requesting a leave, he's just playing hardball in his negotiating and blaming it on his agent.  Other players and agents are doing that too but that doesn't make it acceptable.   He's simply holding out for more money (one has to assume).  He's harming the team by putting his own interests first and I can't support that.  Go Canucks Go!

• Cheers 2

I think situations like this to an extent represent true colors.  GMJB has never shown to be stingy on contracts which would seem to point to the impasse being the player or the agent.  What I like about Brock is he is a family first and community guy remembering where he came from.  That factor could also make it tough to keep him as a UFA down the road.  I’d say give him a fair bridge deal but also have part of the strategy with the player/asset to be a guy that you are open to trading if the right deal came along.

19 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

No idea why Beagle or Sutter are being lumped in there (and Schaller's pretty damn inconsequential...yawning dog would have been more appropriate for him IMO).

Also, people who dress up their dogs....:blink::picard:

Edited by aGENT

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

No idea why Beagle or Sutter are being lumped in there (and Schaller's pretty damn inconsequential...yawning dog would have been more appropriate for him IMO).

Also, people who dress up their dogs....:blink::picard:

Just more local bloggers trying to generate traffic to their twit accounts by posting non-sensical crap.

• Wat 1