The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

5 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm hard pressed to blame "Brock"...."Brock's agent".  The guy put in place to settle these matters.  I HATE that this is tainting how people feel about Brock.  I, too, almost got sucked into that vortex but pulled myself back out.  That picture of him sitting on his own in the  middle of whereversville while his teammates are here having a blast bonding at a golf tournament made me feel a bit sorry for him that he's alienated from the team right now.  Especially during a period in his life where there's so much happening (of much more significance).  I'm sure he hates that this isn't resolved yet.  

He can resolve it with one fone call to his agent

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I feel like people are quick to forget how good Brock was in his 1st year. On pace for 38 goals as a rookie. He was being compared to Bure before Pettersson was. 

Guy came off a back injury + missed summer training, then another early groin injury, and still scored 26 goals.

Still on a 31-goal pace too last year. Although he hasn't technically had a 30-goal season, he's already shown he's consistently capable of 30+ goals per year given a full season.

• Upvote 2

I'm a little surprised that something didn't get completed yet, but there seems to be a near collusion level of RFA holdouts this season - these are the guys still not signed yet: https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/free-agents/2020/caphit/all/all/rfa

I can imagine this is the scenario other GMs saw Jim in and why the price to move Loui and clear cap space was ridiculous. You'd think there could be something much less expensive around moving Baer tho.... 

Ah well. I guess we're in for CDC meltdown time now. 

6 minutes ago, appleboy said:

We can have both if Brock comes in at reasonable number. It is said that they offered 7 mil at the beginning of the summer. 

says 1040.... which has often been totally out to lunch on their 'news'. The one thing we know for certain is we don't know the details. 

• Upvote 1

typically we would have heard news like 'they're close' if they were close. this leads me to believe we have another Nylander situation happening.

Brock has a reputation of being a great kid, and let's assume he is, but what happens to that reputation if he holds out till December like WN? will he still be one of the Canucks darlings? its not like we're sitting at the cap floor.. 

someone has posted the list of RFA holdouts.. pretty sad. this may be the new reality, might be a generational thing. good character kids who demand really big money to play despite messing up the teams cap situation..?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Luongo's recapture bs.  If not for that nhl beauty, it would just be a matter of waiving Schaller and bingo...8.158m in cap space.

Really caught the Nuck's management team by surprise.  Not that I think BB should be getting 8m though.

The Canucks had been warned ahead of time by Luongo's camp.  LeBrun says it even played a factor in not qualifying Hutton.  

6 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I feel like people are quick to forget how good Brock was in his 1st year. On pace for 38 goals as a rookie. He was being compared to Bure before Pettersson was. 

Guy came off a back injury + missed summer training, then another early groin injury, and still scored 26 goals.

Eh, kind feel like the Boeser camp is forgetting the good faith the Canucks showed to give up a year on his ELC by letting him play, and debut in his home town no less.  And on the topic of 'coming off a back injury' I also like to add he is asking for a lot of money for not having played a full season yet and he showed up to camp over weight last year and was scratched for the first two games(might of been the year before I cannot remember :unsure:).  

Sorry I am with the Canucks on this one.  Boeser is a great player, but unless he shows some durability I think it might be beneficial to trade him if he wants $7+/year and I know that's going to be unpopular here.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Battlemonger said:

This is why it's always a bad idea to give up a year of ELC. One less year to evaluate a young player.

But the good is that the only negotiation power Brock has really is to not sign

There is no pressure of an offer sheet 

No arbitration rights

There's been less time for the player to show his true worth so the contract should theoretically be smaller

Who knows, they might have a deal worked out and are going to sign it once Rousell Can go on LTIR when there is more cap space

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Glug Datt said:

typically we would have heard news like 'they're close' if they were close. this leads me to believe we have another Nylander situation happening.

Brock has a reputation of being a great kid, and let's assume he is, but what happens to that reputation if he holds out till December like WN? will he still be one of the Canucks darlings? its not like we're sitting at the cap floor.. 

someone has posted the list of RFA holdouts.. pretty sad. this may be the new reality, might be a generational thing. good character kids who demand really big money to play despite messing up the teams cap situation..?

He's already lost some of my respect.  If he were a "good guy" and a team player he'd be at camp.  It's that simple.  Oh sure you can blame his agent or bring up all the other RFAs but that is all irrelevant in my opinion.  Brock makes the decisions and he's making a bad one in my honest opinion.  I have empathy for his family situation (I wish his father well) but that doesn't mean that he should be extra-aggressive with his negotiating.  Brock, not his agent, can end this whenever he wants.  As much as I want him on our team, no player is more important than the team and it's low class to hold the team hostage.  If he holds out any longer I say sit him out a few games even after he signs.  We've got lots of capable wingers this year.  Go Canucks Go!

Edited by nux_win
softened it a bit
  • Like 1
  • Wat 3
  • Upvote 1