The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

Yea, and the assist on Canada's first goal to make it 1-1.

That's what I noticed about Gaunce watching the Bulls last season. He quietly goes about his business shutting down other teams top players, and you never notice him much. But then he'll come out of nowhere and make a great play or score a nice goal when his team needs it.

I don't think he'll ever be a flashy player. He's one of those players that just works hard every game, and comes through when his team needs it. You can never have enough of those players.

I haven't had a chance to watch any of his games but in your opinion do you think he can be effective playing the wing? I know he played wing when the Bulls picked up (can't remember his name) last season. I wonder if the addition of Horvat, that Gaunce may have a better shot making this team in the next few years as a winger.

Yea, and the assist on Canada's first goal to make it 1-1.

That's what I noticed about Gaunce watching the Bulls last season. He quietly goes about his business shutting down other teams top players, and you never notice him much. But then he'll come out of nowhere and make a great play or score a nice goal when his team needs it.

I don't think he'll ever be a flashy player. He's one of those players that just works hard every game, and comes through when his team needs it. You can never have enough of those players.

Sounds a lot like Pahlsson in the games that he played well on our team.

I haven't had a chance to watch any of his games but in your opinion do you think he can be effective playing the wing? I know he played wing when the Bulls picked up (can't remember his name) last season. I wonder if the addition of Horvat, that Gaunce may have a better shot making this team in the next few years as a winger.

I think he was just as effective as a winger, if not more. He managed to make great defensive plays no matter where he was on the ice.

Plus his passing is actually very underrated. He made some passes last season that just made you go wow.

I think with the depth we have at center right now, Gaunce's best path is probably to start out as a fourth line center to really hone his defensive abilities. But if and when he's ready to move up the lineup, it's probably going to have to be as a left winger. Which is good, because the Canucks don't have enough young quality left wingers in their system right now.

That would give us:

Shinkaruk - Horvat - Kassian

Gaunce - Schroeder - Jensen

Then we would have a good balance of young stud players.

Edited by DeNiro

I think he was just as effective as a winger, if not more. He managed to make great defensive plays no matter where he was on the ice.

Plus his passing is actually very underrated. He made some passes last season that just made you go wow.

I think with the depth we have at center right now, Gaunce's best path is probably to start out as a fourth line center to really hone his defensive abilities. But if and when he's ready to move up the lineup, it's probably going to have to be as a left winger. Which is good, because the Canucks don't have enough young quality left wingers in their system right now.

That would give us:

Those lines make me wish that the Canucks management would do what is necessary to help Schroeder transition into a W.

Shinkaruk Horvat Kassian

Schroeder Gaunce Jensen

I like those lines very much.

That would give us:

gaunce was playing LW with either quine or graovac if i remember right. his offensive seemed to pick up around the same time he moved to the wing. I think he'll be a versatile guy in the nhl, maybe playing wing early on will help him transition more smoothly.

gaunce was playing LW with either quine or graovac if i remember right. his offensive seemed to pick up around the same time he moved to the wing. I think he'll be a versatile guy in the nhl, maybe playing wing early on will help him transition more smoothly.

just like kes!

Pahlsson wasn't very good with us. Maybe more like Staal or Sutter.

He actually wasn't that bad, just not spectacular. Got six points during the regular season. Never really got the chance to play a "shutdown" role against the Kings (played against the 4th and 3rd lines most of the time) but one of the very few times he played against LA's second line he scored a goal for us.

From yesterday:

Tyson Giuriato @TysonGiuriato 17h

#Canucks prospect Brendan Gaunce with two assists in under a minute as Canada leads 4-1 with 12:48 left in the second period.

Tyson Giuriato @TysonGiuriato 16h

7-3 Canada over Sweden. #Canucks prospect @BrendanGaunce16 with two assists and fellow prospect @BoHorvat with a goal.

Tyson Giuriato @TysonGiuriato 16h

#Canucks prospects through two games: Brendan Gaunce, 2GP, 1G+3A=4PTS. Hunter Shinkaruk, 1GP, 1G+1A=2PTS. Bo Horvat, 1GP, 1G.

Not only are all Vancouver prospects chipping in, but Gaunce is really making a strong case for himself (on the score sheet - haven't actually seen the games).

@News1130Sports 1m

Just talked with #Canucks forward Brendan Gaunce - back home after attending CDN junior hockey development camp.

@News1130Sports 1m

Gaunce says the 3 games he played in NY last week brought his confidence up - it showed him he could play at high level.

@News1130Sports 1m

Gaunce says biggest thing he has improved in last 12 months is his intensity all over ice - giving 100% every shift.

@News1130Sports 1m

Gaunce says biggest thing he has learned from pro players is to never take a shift off.

Can't stand Gaunce. My prediction is that he doesn't make the team this year. He is Richardson 0.5

Did he do something to you?

What can't you stand about him? That he was one of the top defensive players in the OHL? Or that he's a 6'2" 210 lb clutch player that works his butt off every game?