The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

25 minutes ago, mpass1 said:

Funny how they mention Chychrun in that article and he's been as messed up or even a little more messed up with injuries than Juolevi since the draft

Detroit sure knew what there were doing when they traded the #16 away with Datsyuk for that Dman  Filip Hronek and Dennis Cholowski

12 minutes ago, A Skylit Drive said:

Detroit sure knew what there were doing when they traded the #16 away with Datsyuk for that Dman  Filip Hronek and Dennis Cholowski

Detroit rarely ever make a miss....Hopefully they missed out on taking Quinn Hughes though!!!!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, mpass1 said:

Detroit rarely ever make a miss....Hopefully they missed out on taking Quinn Hughes though!!!!

Detroit was going to draft Hughes even after the first 4 selections. Going into the draft, Ken Holland was quoted to want to draft a puck moving offensive defence man. With Hughes playing in Michigan, they saw him at their backyard and was ready to pick him at 6. JB really wanted Hughes and was revealed that JB was trying to jump up to 4th or 5th spot to sneak ahead of Detroit to get him. Then there comes the Coyotes, drafted Haytton at 5, which throws a hughe curveball to the draft. Detroit must have had Zadina ranked higher than Hughes and they didn’t pass up on the opportunity and drafted Zadina instead. It worked out perfectly for JB and the management staff because Hughes fell right to our laps without having to lose any assets to get him.

To me, I think Coyotes would of been smarter if they traded down to 7th swapping picks with the Canucks and gain extra assets. Chances are, they still would of gotten Haytton. Because, I don’t think Detroit has Haytton ahead of Zadina on their board. I am not going to make fun of the Coyotes for picking Haytton at 5 like most others, because most ppl made fun of us taking EP at 5 just the year earlier. If Haytton turns out to be a Patrice Bergeron type of player (which his best case projects to be), Coyotes would feel pretty good about this pick. I am just glad the Canucks got Hughes out of all this because I don’t think we have ever had a defenceman at Hughes caliber ever in franchise history.

14 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Don't worry our medical team is top notch

Your sarcasm aside. What are your qualifications to question actual Medical Doctors and sports therapists?  Your online criticism? Any other qualifications? lol

No offence but your opinion on medical matters means less than nothing.

...ok pal.  :sick:

25 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Your sarcasm aside. What are your qualifications to question actual Medical Doctors and sports therapists?  Your online criticism? Any other qualifications? lol

No offence but your opinion on medical matters means less than nothing.

...ok pal.  :sick:

He could be serious

They have had a lot of practice this year...!

5 hours ago, gttxc said:

Thanks for finding this.

Wow, Juolevi says he missed 6 months due to his knee surgery before coming over to the OHL (draft -1 year) and that he wasn't 100% at the start of his first OHL season. That's significant time missed in a fairly important period for physical growth. Adding that to his back surgery and another knee surgery and I don't like what I see in terms of health. Not that it's his fault, I just don't think there's any way you can look past that when assessing his long term potential. I'm not sure if having surgery on one knee twice or both knees once is better for that. 

59 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Thanks for finding this.

Wow, Juolevi says he missed 6 months due to his knee surgery before coming over to the OHL (draft -1 year) and that he wasn't 100% at the start of his first OHL season. That's significant time missed in a fairly important period for physical growth. Adding that to his back surgery and another knee surgery and I don't like what I see in terms of health. Not that it's his fault, I just don't think there's any way you can look past that when assessing his long term potential. I'm not sure if having surgery on one knee twice or both knees once is better for that. 

the back is totally his fault. 

The guy teared up a peo league last year, and is incredible in the AHL this year. Who said his progression isnt up to par? Just because Tkachuk and Sergachev and Chychrun made the NHL already doesnt take anything away from Olli. We learned our lesson with Jv and McCann, calgary arizona took chances and it payed off, and Sergachev is sheltered on an elite team, and is having quite the sophomore slump. Nobody should be worried about OJ. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3